User Tag List

Thread: So i got a 24 hour ban and i want to tell u how i got into this situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So i got a 24 hour ban and i want to tell u how i got into this situation.

So i got a ban for shooting a fellow marine for no reason and i totally agree that it was reasonable. I just want to tell the story of how it happened. This post might give me a permanent ban but i can always play other servers and school is starting for me anyway. So it all began around a week ago in August 12, i was shooting xenos and getting killed alot. I was so bad at the game that what actually kept me going was the arbitrary measurement of performance based on how many times i shot a xeno. However, i didnt know if the shots hit in the personal tab included FF instances and i could never really know how many times i shot a xeno. I asked mentors and admins who didnt really know but concluded that shots hit only includes xenos. However i found out that if u ghost u can look at your statistics immediately. So i would go into a round, get a gun, shoot an AFK member at cryo or myself before ghosting to check statistics, and play another server. I had come to the conclusion that shots hit does include FF instances. I told mentors what i found AND how i found it before letting the matter rest. However, i had to take a break from SS13 CM becuase i was moving homes and when i came back i had a temptation to check if anything had changed like the shots hit statistic. Also in a previous round i was near a xeno and for some reason i wasn't able to point blank it, did that mechanic change to? So i got into another round and during my procedure a superior found me in cryo about to shoot someone and i OOCed him that i was testing something. He then grabbed the AFK person i was about to shoot and put him in cryo. I OOCed him that i was testing FF and when another player spawned in i pushed him once and moronically assumed he was AFK before shooting. Yep u can still point blank in harm mode and FF still counts in shots hit. After that i played goonstation before coming back and finding out i was banned. Honestly i dont feel remorse for the tests i did in the past but i do feel bad for the last one that got me banned. I OOCed the superior about what i was doing and shot a non-AFK player which broke the roleplay for both of them. I not asking for forgiveness, im just stating the reasons i did what i did and that i probably wont do these tests anymore due to the risks it carries.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aligote View Post
    snip
    I mean, you could always ahelp and ask. Mentors, Mods and Senior Enlisted Advisor (in game mentors) could teach you about the mechanic.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oof my man, don't ever shoot people.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think thats a pretty dumb ban and you should be unbanned. but hey thats just me. im no staff.

banned for shooting ssd peoples.... common. he was testing, he wanted to learn on the game. they were ssd... :P

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningMetal View Post
    i think thats a pretty dumb ban and you should be unbanned. but hey thats just me. im no staff.

banned for shooting ssd peoples.... common. he was testing, he wanted to learn on the game. they were ssd... :P
    The last guy he shot wasn't SSD
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol ok
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay mister. Now i can live my life knowing this.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho