Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bl0KySS - Commander Application

Commander Whitelist Application
    Byond ID?
    bl0kyss

Player Name You Use Most?
    Jake 'BB' Fletcher

Make a list of links to all of your applications and (job)ban appeals, including whitelist and staff apps, within the last year. Also, provide "Ban reason; Verdict" beside each (job)ban link
    I don't have any other applications.

Have you received any ban within the last month? How long was it and what for?
    Negative

Do you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

How do you view the tool of Battlefield Execution to be used? What circumstances do you think it would be necessary to BE a member of the crew? Where do you think the Battlefield Execution Mechanic Differs from regular Execution and why?
    I think BE should only be used in very obvious cases of intentional, ground side, griefing, along with an ahelp. The difference between BE and regular execution is that the BE is much faster, and thus must be really justified as not to break rules and raise suspicion, while regular execution is an IC tool of managing prison overpopulation.

I'm not that warmed up for either form of execution, I think they should only be used on players who are obviously harmful to the crew and the server.

How will your Commanding Officer run his/her ship? Provide a detailed explanation on how he would handle situations that might commonly occur such as, a insubordinate engineering staff, a Staff Officer who cannot do anything right, an Executive Officer wh
    I believe in letting people do their jobs and not micromanaging every single thing. Those roles exist for a reason, and the people playing those roles should know how to do their jobs. I see my role as the CO is to give them advice when they're in need of help.

I believe that they should know how to contribute to the operation depending on my plan for the op.

I see micromanaging as a subtle insult to people in command roles, as they probably know how to run their own departments. Giving them responsibilities and duties should make them feel important to the ship and thus motivate them to do better.

What do you think is the job of a Commander?
    The job of the commander, as the absolute team leader of the corps, is to be aware of the situation to the fullest. Both ground-side and ship-side. It is imperative for a commander to be able to steer the whole crew towards the common goal. Having Requisitions continually supply the troops on the front, having Medical staff follow protocols and get marines up as fast as possible, having Pilots running regular CAS and transport. The army is a big family.

As a player what do you think could be added for Commanding Officer to benefit the role?
    I don't think anything should be added, the role is fine as is. It is up to the people playing it to make the most use of their abilities in order for the role to matter.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I want to contribute to the community as a competent and caring leader. I don't like presenting myself as some ego-tripping bigwig officer that looks down on everyone else just because of the rank. I believe we all have roles to fulfill, like cogs in a machine. Even one of those cogs, when broken, causes the machine to halt to a stop. I believe we're all equally important bits with equally important jobs. I want the crew to feel they matter during operations, to do their jobs to the fullest. I served in my national army IRL and the biggest wisdom I got from that was that us, grunts, did the best work when our supervisors talked to us like we were also smart human beings, leaving it to us to solve challenges as opposed to micromanaging every single step we take, when we felt like brainless sheep just running around.

Choose one of the following story topics to write about
    I barely got up from my bed, cursing at whatever was so important as to call for a full mobilization of the troops. I washed and strolled into the CIC to check for a reason my sweet dreams were interrupted. ARES led us to a colony, I think it was named LV-624, a bloody tropical paradise in distress. The colony was completely dark, absent of all life and light sources. This struck me as odd, seeing as how it was a major mining operation for W-Y. Anyway, the first thing that came to my mind was that the marines would be damn happy to visit such a paradise and I also thought they needed to freshen up their combat readiness. They've been in cryosleep for who knows how fucking long.

After getting the squad reports, their numbers, etc. I came up with a plan for a quick scouting mission, a QRF, and a FOB team. I hurried down to briefing, with a wide smile on my face, waiting to surprise the marines with their lucky tropical operations.

After the briefing, the CO Heinz Muller woke up and I hurried to bring him up to date with our current numbers and the plan. The CO decided to let me have the deck and continue running the operation, while he was getting ready to deploy and check up on the troops ground side.

This is it, I thought, this is a test of my competence. I brushed off the tiny beads of sweat from my forehead and observed the map, thinking of all possible enemies we might encounter, and ways to defeat them.

Our enemy wasn't obvious at first, we thought it was just fauna running around the dense tropical forests. We couldn't have been more wrong. The operation became serious, we weren't dealing with CLF or UPP anymore, we were dealing with 10ft big lizards with claws. No officer academy can prepare you for this.

These creatures seemed organized, picking off stray marines which couldn't provide much resistance. Thus I decided to take an aggressive approach, I wasn't about to let the enemy route and flank us. We would do the flanking. After a few successful pushes, we had the enemy banished all the way back to some northern cave system. Sadly, this is where our luck ran out. Between us and them, was no man's land. We went back and forth, trading casualties but achieving nothing.

After a whole hour of fighting, with no apparent winner, a new foe showed up. This bug was bigger than all the rest and used a high-pitch scream that would outright knock marines out. It became obvious that this bug was our priority.

I was sweating, gazing at the tactical map, listening to all the comm channels, organizing pushes, supply drops, orbital bombardments. We couldn't afford to lose this battle, these creatures have a devastating potential of exterminating all life. Our only hope was raising the DEFCON level, and in the end, it was what saved us from annihilation. I never, in a single moment, doubted my marine corps. I knew they would assist in any way possible. With the CO leading every assault, with me screaming over comms for their bravery and sacrifice, we took not one step back.

It is safe to say, since I'm writing this document, that the operation was a success. I do not think it was solely me who helped win the battle, I was merely a man doing his job in managing our massive corps. With one Staff Officer in CIC, we barely managed to keep logistics up. It is through our joined efforts, the efforts of the whole crew, from PFC to CO, that we managed to survive and defeat this menace. Almost five hours of the most brutal, uncaring, total war.

The CO presented me with his beret, commending my actions during the operation. It brought tears to my eyes because I wish I could've done more for all the young men who lost their lives fighting these horrid things. I know I'm no hero, I'm just a man with a job. I take pride in this job, yes, but the real heroes are all buried now. Sadly, it is the reality we live in. If I do become a captain one day, I wish to tell everyone that, that the corps appreciates them, that humanity appreciates them.

XO Jake Fletcher of the USCM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I�ve seen you around when I play and have had no issues with you. You also put effort into the application +1.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw you XOing effectively yesterday on LV.

Pretty competent, +1.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you still jobbanned from CL for going SSD?
    I am of the opinion you must be free of any jobbans before applying for a whitelist role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh oh, forgot about that one. I'll write up an appeal and try and get it removed.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bl0KySS View Post
    Uh oh, forgot about that one. I'll write up an appeal and try and get it removed.
    Get an unban from the jobban and ill give you a +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    Get an unban from the jobban and ill give you a +1
    Thankfully the CL jobban was resolved.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He�s free of jobbans now
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it's a good APP. Here, have my +1
    Marine: Mel Kim
    Captain: Mel Kim
    Synth: Yuki
    Mentor: 12/13/2018 - 02/07/2019 -> TrialMod: 02/07/2019 - 02/22/2019-> Moderator: 02/22/2019 - 01/xx/2020

Ex-term 3 synthetic councillor.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People seem to vouch for you, so I'll go ahead and give my +1.