Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kill Ice Now

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kill Ice Now

Ice is an arachic map made for long ago. It a map of stalemates and suiciding your whole force to prevent mass suicide on the ladders, or even more fun it results in a meta of rushing LZ2.

The biggest issue is this map was not built for the current design of how maps should be, or in other words telecommunications is the problem. With the deployable telecomm it made LZ1 and 2 viable but worse it made telecommunications on Ice pointless. Now look where it is, it is far from the LZ, but it was made like that with an purpose. You can not easily mega-fob on LZ1 as you can get cut off from telecomm and this back and forth would prevent stalemate hell, and LZ2 was just a mega-elevator drop effectively as there was no telecomm there so was more dangerous to deploy there and all. Since LZ1 is hell to assault aliens do not want to attack knowing it will be suicide against the full marine force and marines obviously dont want to go down because that is death.

Just remove this stalemate hell map it just too old for the current meta.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    Ice is an arachic map made for long ago. It a map of stalemates and suiciding your whole force to prevent mass suicide on the ladders, or even more fun it results in a meta of rushing LZ2.

The biggest issue is this map was not built for the current design of how maps should be, or in other words telecommunications is the problem. With the deployable telecomm it made LZ1 and 2 viable but worse it made telecommunications on Ice pointless. Now look where it is, it is far from the LZ, but it was made like that with an purpose. You can not easily mega-fob on LZ1 as you can get cut off from telecomm and this back and forth would prevent stalemate hell, and LZ2 was just a mega-elevator drop effectively as there was no telecomm there so was more dangerous to deploy there and all. Since LZ1 is hell to assault aliens do not want to attack knowing it will be suicide against the full marine force and marines obviously dont want to go down because that is death.

Just remove this stalemate hell map it just too old for the current meta.

Triiodine has stated that ice will be taken out behind the shack. It will be shot quietly and discretely.

However he is "working on open source" right now.
    Last edited by starmute; 08-20-2020 at 05:07 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How on earth is "open source" taking so damn long by the way?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i agree ice lz2 suck. but i like lz1. and you know what?
    do not remoove ice becaus if you do we will be stuck playing even more LV.....
    i cant play more LV.... i prefer bad variety than no variety at all...

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningMetal View Post
    Actually I want to kill LV also, or rather change it. Instead of a beach and cave you get an expansive jungle that marines have to attack/firebomb to hell. Literally make LV space nam. Also trijent fix that stupidly open space south of the labs that make it hell for aliens to survive/hold if marines push pass the locks.

Really a major issue is aliens cant fight out in the open without dying in droves and maps need to reflect this issue.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningMetal View Post
    Ice is being removed and made into two maps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally love ice, however the elevators and stairs parts are just giant deathtraps for either side. CAS, Mortars, and OBs are basically useless unless marines are at LZ1 and xenos are in the final stages of attacking the FOB.

Splitting Ice into 2 maps sounds smart though. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Ward View Post
    Splitting Ice into 2 maps sounds smart though. +1
    Agreed. +1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we just remove it from rotation, I really can't see a reason why we still have it
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Can we just remove it from rotation, I really can't see a reason why we still have it
    if we didnt have ice then what would the griefers vote for?