Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FrogZeke - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xywenx View Post
    Hey there, everything is looking good so far, but I'll give a more indepth "analysis" later.

I'll provide a situation, please describe how you would deal with the situation:

1. "You're outside FOB together with Alpha Squad, you come across a Working Joe, left over by the administration that evacuated the colony. As he sees you and Alpha Squad, he turns towards you and appears to be hostile. How do you respond?"

2. "Almayer is being evacuated, the Captain ordered you to evacuate with Jones. You come across a wounded marine on the way to the pod, how do you proceed?"
    In scenario 1, a survivor synth can choose their side (non-xeno), I start by identifying myself as a synthetic of the USCM, explain that we are responding to the colony's distress call, and simply ask where their loyalties are. Working Joes are simpler models that tend not to make complicated lies, so I would trust their answer generally. If their loyalty was to the colony, I would explain where the primary LZ was for the synth to point any survivors towards for extraction. If there was a squad working on power, I would explain that as well. In the case of company loyalty, I would explain there is a WY CL on Almayer. If they selected USCM, then I would recommend heading to the LZ and Almayer for identification update. If by appearing hostile, you mean beating marines or me, do may best to clear the line of fire for the marines. In all cases, informing command.

In scenario 2, Jones has the rights of a marine under ML, and the rescue and evacuation of a marine is a lawful order. I would make my way to CIC, get Jones, and put him on my head as a hat. If on the way to pod, I encountered the downed marine, it is an emergency that allows me to stay my current orders. It would depend how late into the crash was to whether I would try to move the marine to the main body, or head immediately to the pods to revive there. As there are rarely a lack of emergencies, during delta, I may delay my own orders evacuate, as damaged barricades at a pod hold could be considered an emergency. There is a point that delaying my own evacuation to attend to emergencies and having to follow the lawful orders of commissioned officers, becomes ignoring those orders, which I cannot do. An example would be leaving pod area to look for more emergencies, without knowledge of said emergency, as it is an evacuation. Once the cades were in order and marines healed, I would dump medical supplies and materials, and evacuate with Jones as ordered.
    Last edited by FrogZeke; 08-24-2020 at 02:22 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry but there is a huge problem here. Just kidding

+1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FrogZeke View Post
    In scenario 1, a survivor synth can choose their side (non-xeno), I start by identifying myself as a synthetic of the USCM, explain that we are responding to the colony's distress call, and simply ask where their loyalties are. Working Joes are simpler models that tend not to make complicated lies, so I would trust their answer generally. If their loyalty was to the colony, I would explain where the primary LZ was for the synth to point any survivors towards for extraction. If there was a squad working on power, I would explain that as well. In the case of company loyalty, I would explain there is a WY CL on Almayer. If they selected USCM, then I would recommend heading to the LZ and Almayer for identification update. If by appearing hostile, you mean beating marines or me, do may best to clear the line of fire for the marines. In all cases, informing command.

In scenario 2, Jones has the rights of a marine under ML, and the rescue and evacuation of a marine is a lawful order. I would make my way to CIC, get Jones, and put him on my head as a hat. If on the way to pod, I encountered the downed marine, it is an emergency that allows me to stay my current orders. It would depend how late into the crash was to whether I would try to move the marine to the main body, or head immediately to the pods to revive there. As there are rarely a lack of emergencies, during delta, I may delay my own orders evacuate, as damaged barricades at a pod hold could be considered an emergency. There is a point that delaying my own evacuation to attend to emergencies and having to follow the lawful orders of commissioned officers, becomes ignoring those orders, which I cannot do. An example would be leaving pod area to look for more emergencies, without knowledge of said emergency, as it is an evacuation. Once the cades were in order and marines healed, I would dump medical supplies and materials, and evacuate with Jones as ordered.
    Scenario 1: The answer is alright, I trust you'll be able to RP the scenario quite well from the story you provided. The Working Joe might be malfunctioning and simply doing the last order it was told endlessly (something I like to RP as synthvivor), which means you would have to deal with the situation differently. In any case you're allowed to defend yourself against it.

Scenario 2: Good answer, nothing to add.

Conclusion: Your story is good. It's well written with few grammatical errors. Your quirk, while being creative, is rather humorous and comedic than mature, but it's still nonetheless fitting with the story and it makes sense for the background of your Synth. I also want to see you call the Captain "Principal" while he is being shredded apart by the Queen.

I hope to see you amidst our ranks. +1

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    accepted
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ingame Perms are updated, someone will get to your forum perms.