Byond ID?
    Somenerd

CM Character?
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT +00

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    very variable but I'd estimate at least 8 minimum per week? I'm bad at estimates. I play a lot though so whatever hours I play I'm probably also good to contribute.

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I used to be an Admin for a DarkRP Garrysmod server called Trident Gaming. I only quit because all my interfaces broke, otherwise, I loved it.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Baystation, NSV13, sometimes Civilisation 13. I've tried most codebases as I like variety!

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Not sure if I'm meant to link Mentor Apps, but!
    //showthrea...er-Application

//showthrea...or-Application

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Nope!

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Disregarding a stickyban, Nope!

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Nope!

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Absolutely. I'm interested in increasing my engagement with the community as a whole anyway.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would firstly check for signs that the player is new, PVT ranks, playtime and previous note history. My decision on how I would handle the player would be determined on both intent and whether they were new or not, an old player accidentally shooting someone with no ill intent probably doesn't need much looking into unless they've got a big note history of the stuff, and a new player might just need an explanation of the server and a warning. If I deemed it malicious or an older player who should know better, I'd either note or ban depending on note history.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I'd inform the player they would need to make a Player Report if they wish to pursue this as it is a Whitelist issue out of my hands. I would assist them in obtaining the logs and details they require and otherwise leave the details of the report to them.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    If an SEA was about and somehow not noticed the player, I may subtle message them to get them headed towards that area to help the new player out. If none were available, I'd try and help them out myself by sending them guides and references and informing them of the MentorHelp action.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I am under no obligation to refer his ahelp to a staff member of any rank and I would attempt to find out what is causing the person to be so angry. I would inform them that I will handle his issue as best able and that they must cool it so that we can work out the problem. If they're continuing to be abusive, depending on the degree and warnings I'd either note or issue a ban.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    Check the player's note history to see if this is a recurring problem, inform the player that the name violates Rule 12 guidelines and escalate if needed according to previous infractions.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I would leave it be. This is a violation of SOP but no server rules are being broken unless they're outright neglecting their job slot and an MP or SEA will pick them up at some point.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Under roleplay standards, Survivors are given more leeway in their mental stability but they are NOT allowed to be hostile to marines barring events or CLF.

I'd check to see if any events were going on and if there was some In Character disagreement that led to proper escalation, Otherwise, Note and Ban if necessary according to previous note history.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I'd ask the player if they've utilised their right to appeal yet first, as this is what the appeal process is for, identifying and validating incorrect charges. I would also attempt to validate whether or not the MP's charges were valid myself, but I'd rather let the Appealing officer do their job first before taking action.

If the appeal still didn't lead to a suitable outcome, I'd investigate and ensure that the charges are valid and inform and note the MP if I felt the MP was not placing the charge in good faith.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would subtlemessage the aCO if possible in a way to encourage them to deploy with the marines to wipe out the remaining aliens. Perhaps the CO comes down with an urge to claim glory for himself? Alternatively, faxes and other RP scenarios to urge the marines to get things over with and take the colony.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I'm currently playing as the medic and probably shouldn't handle this. I'd try and resolve things ICly first if I felt the player was new, but I'd ahelp for another staff member to investigate and determine.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    EORG is about friendly fire logs and thus does not cover fighting enemy factions. I would inform the player as such.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Check note history. If he's doing this stuff seemingly at random without an actual disagreement or reason to be doing such a thing, I'd warn and note as appropriate.

If they seem to be specifically going after limited/special gear such as smartguns, etc I would note it to make sure it doesn't become a recurring problem

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    This is pretty cut and dry improper escalation, I'd inform the player that their actions did not meet IE rules and escalate according to previous infractions.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    MOOC that a mutiny was not authorised and that they must cease immediately until approved. If they fail to heed the warning, sleep and punish.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Current rules prohibit racism and do not provide IC exceptions. I'd speak to the players about their language and give them a note and request to tone it down for the future.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    I'd aheal the people who were attacked if medics were not already involved in their treatment, asleep, note and ban the offending griefer.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    I'd double check the player's story and note history. If it was an accident, I'd note them to make sure future incidents can be recorded and escalated accordingly, but a warning or job ban may be needed if intentional.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I'd inform the xeno that their words are falling below the roleplay standards and insulting the queen falls outside of the way the hivemind works. I'd warn and note unless there's a history of it.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I'd inform the player that hivemind chat is more a representation of the hivemind's thoughts as a collective and thus they may use any word that is sufficiently descriptive, including dropship, as long as it's not really low roleplay like netspeak

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    The USCM does not have knowledge of the exact type of incident happening on the planet unless specified by events. I'd inform the command staff of this and note for record keeping.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    This is mostly an acceptable roleplay reason for an evacuation but depends on the context surrounding it. If other escape pods were readily available and there was no real encroaching threat it may need further investigation or punishment, but if there were very few/none left and/or the threat was approaching rapidly it would likely be an IC issue.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I'd attempt to de-escalate their attitude but inform them that abuse like that is not tolerated and to cease talking about it in OOC or Dchat. I'd inform them that if they have a problem with my ruling to take it up in a staff report.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    The round continues regardless of whether you've left the keyboard or not. I'd inform the player it's up to them to sort it out ICly.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I'd try to double check the interpretation with other staff but otherwise escalate to management.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I may provide my own interpretation but not attempt to argue, and I'd ask for senior moderation to handle the issue.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I really like sorting out people with their problems and sorting issues, de-escalating and talking people through things and I'd like to have the ability to do this on a bigger scale than just IC channels. I very much enjoyed my time Administrating on Garrysmod and would love to give this a shot.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Good communication and impartial judgement. I believe it's important that you can talk someone through why they did something and then interpreting that towards how they broke the rules and using that to help come to a decision, not just to remove problematic players, but actually to help those problematic players become *better*.

Anything else you
    I've been playing SS13 for a few years now, Colonial Marines off and on for a while. I initially bounced from server to server but I'd like to integrate myself more into Colonial Marines both as a server and a community and genuinely assist in making it a great server for all to enjoy.
    Last edited by Somenerd; 08-22-2020 at 11:16 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I'd attempt to de-escalate their attitude but inform them that abuse like that is not tolerated and to cease talking about it in OOC or Dchat. I'd inform them that if they have a problem with my ruling to take it up in a staff report.
    Never ask a player to do this. It's asking for a frivolous report that wastes the time and energy of management. Other than that, I don't really see much wrong with this application. I've seen you around, and you have decent hours on the game. It's a +1 from me.
    Joe Dafoe, PFC/hobby Huntard hunter.
    Xenomorph FOE, disgusting runner/warrior main.
    Yautja hunter Nall'kro, clanless heathen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have to agree with Ugnip55 with the proper training you make a fine addition to the moderation team! +1
    Last edited by Jamesthebond; 08-23-2020 at 06:48 PM. Reason: take away repeated phases
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good attitude, decent hours, no recent notes.

Positive vote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Mike and James on this. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No major complaints on my part either. You're a good player and I've never had any issues with you myself.

+1 to a trial for me.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good player who knows ML and hasn't had any recent notes +1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted, check your PM's shortly for more information