0 Thread(s)

LCMS1 - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID?
    LCMS1

Marine Name
    Mason Spike

Other Whitelist Applications
    This is my third application for synthetic, but I did not do any other application besides the last one

Character InformationName of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Navarro

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    As a civilian, he always acts extremely politely and never has militarized or aggressive phrases. Being optimistic and cheerful in the most difficult moments and, even though it takes time to execute his orders (An explanation for my large amount of lag) he successfully completes them, in addition to having, due to his years of service, several ways in you system to deal with different situations, acting sometimes in a way even creative, but never beyond your main objective. I chose a Brazilian character because there are few, or even no one using features like this, and I would also like to do something different.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    I would like to try something new on this server, since I worked a lot on almost every job available.

Synthetic Character Story
    The Synthetic Navarro is a generation 2 model and a copacabana 3 sub-model (planned shortly after generation 1 copacabana 1 and 2 versions, all of which are fully Brazilian versions) made by Weston-Yamada for the continuation of sales of synthetic materials for civil use in Brazil, and also have sub-models for other countries. All of these sub-models were produced between the years 2169 and 2173, but due to the difficult construction and export of these models, Weston-Yamada canceled production. (Only returning to South America in 2182, after development generation 3) Navarro was one of the last to be produced and, therefore, it was not exported or even used, being kept with another 50,000 synthetics from the same assembly line in warehouses on earth, but in 2179, after 6 years of storage, WY decided to update and send 200 synthetics to the USCM ships, The USS Almayer, and the USS Dust raider. Navarro had updates for English and for military use, such as building fortifications and advanced cargo distribution, but even with good quality, the USCM ordered that all these models be retired by 2193 to be replaced by generation 3 synthetics. Here is one of the stories of Navarro, the battle for Trijent Dam:

- "Operation Trijent Dam, March 14, 2190, 12:00 pm, USS Almayer"
    Navarro Systems are initiated by ARES, giving it an objective.
    - "Main Objective, to introduce yourself to the Captain and the rest of the command to request orders"
    Navarro takes his clothes and other equipment and in 1 minute he is already at the CIC, when he enters, he only sees an SO, Lieutenant Robert Jackson, lighting a cigarette and sitting in front of one of the overwatch computers, almost immediately Navarro comes close and asks:
    "Good morning Mr. Robert, I am Navarro, it is a pleasure to meet you, I am looking for the Captain, where can I find him?" As he smiles at him, shortly after, the lieutenant says:
    "Yes ... I just saw him going to the medbay, it seems that the CMO is having some problems."
    In response, Navarro smiles and says:
    "Thank you very much! Have a nice day!"
    And he runs to speak to the Captain, when he arrives at Medbay, sees the CMO and the Captain, who was holding a cup of coffee talking, and, without wanting to disturb him, tries to speak to the Captain:
    "Good morning Captain! It is a pleasure to see you, I would like to ask for my orders to start my day!"
    When the Captain turns around, Navarro finds out who he is, the well-known CPT Steven Berg, who immediately says to Navarro:
    "Ah yes! I totally forgot to give you your orders, our CMO is having a big problem with the lack of doctors available, will I need you to treat and produce chemicals for the marines, do you agree CMO?"
    With the CMO shaking his head to say yes, immediately Navarro replies:
    "Yes Mr. Steven! I will do my best, if you have any problems I will be ready to help!"
    After almost an hour working at MedBay, the doctors finally arrive, the CMO dismisses him and after a few minutes, the captain says on the radio:
    "Navarro, we need your help on the planet, the victory is ours but ... FOB is totally destroyed and full of wounded, we need your help down there"
    Navarro replies to the Captain:
    "On the way! I'll be there in less than 3 minutes!"
    He runs to the medicine store and takes what he needs, of course, after having the CMO authorization, he goes down on the planet and starts to rebuild some holes in the defenses and then goes on to evacuate the wounded, until a squad leader , SSGT Miranda Angela asks Navarro, stuttering
    "A-h-h, you-m-m-machines are impressive."
    And Navarro responds to her, smiling and in a funny tone.
    "Haha of course Ms. Miranda, I was made for this! To save your back!
    Starting to laugh and putting her on the ship, she also starts to laugh and in return says
    "Yes, keep up the good work Navarro."
    And the ship starts the engines, with Navarro leaving it before the ship leaves, after half an hour evacuating the wounded, the victory against the alliens is declared and ARES declares a new objective, to return to Almayer to be shut down again.

ExperienceHow familiar are you with Engineering?
    -I know how to do all types of construction, I've been training
    -I know how to recharge OBs, repair generators, etc.
    -I know how to make various types of grenades, C4 and other explosives at Ordnance, I've been training a lot

How familiar are you with Command?
    -I know how to use overwatch computers
    -I know how Command works and what ranks work on it
    -I know how marine law works

How familiar are you with Medical?
    -I know exactly how to treat and make surgerys on other players
    -I know how to make chemicals, I've been training a lot
    -I know how each medication works and how many pills (or not) can cause an overdose.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    -I know how to use the supply drops
    -I know how to work on the requisition lines
    -I know how to use the request computers

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    The synthetic may only enter into combat for his own defense and for the defense of USCM members and civilians, if possible and necessary.
    For example, a combat medic is alone, saving and treating a marine, when a red dog (runner) comes out of the shadows and attacks the medic, who is unable to defend himself and defend the wounded. My main objective will be to keep him away or if it is necessary to kill the allien and help them to go to a safe area

ConfirmationsAre you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other InformationDo you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    Negative

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How will you show your "brazillian personality" as your synthetic? And what exactly is your quirk? Cheerfulness?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Navarro is usually very closed and does not like to talk, unless the person wants to talk to him, then he will be well educated and sociable, if he needs to do something he would not simply cut what he was saying, but would say: " I'm sorry, but I need to go, have a good day! " And he still has Portuguese in his system, being able to speak in Portuguese with foreign marines, if he wants, in addition to several other minor and not very important peculiarities he has (That's why I chose to be a Brazilian synthetic, to take advantage of these characteristics and peculiarities, since I am also Brazilian).
    I would say that its greatest peculiarity is to have an unnecessary high education and a somewhat closed sociability, its secondary peculiarities may be optimism, the delay in completing activities (It may take a few minutes to recalculate what you were doing or reviewing his memory and remembering how to do something, an explanation for my high FPS and my forgetfulness until common) and other peculiarities (like just knowing how to serve the marines cold beer if he becomes a bartender at some point, but that it's not important) I did it trying my best to develop a robot version of a common Brazilian personality.

Synthetic Council Member Yukonsnow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I apologize for the delay.

I like the idea of your quirk, but I don't know if you tried to use it to it's full potential. What cultural elements from Brazil can you bring to interacting with personnel? Your response to Xywenx about how you would use your quirk leads me to see it as being a "Mostly optimistic synth, but not talkative." which isn't entirely up to snuff. The delays from your internet is concerning but it's not anything that I would use as a negative.

The story is fine grammatically, but it lacks any stylistic devices. If you flesh out the story with some descriptive words you can increase the word count and also bump up the entertainment when someone reads it.

I can't vouch for you personally, however, as I cannot remember seeing you ingame as any of the support roles, but you seem to know what to do for each role.

The combat scenario is okay, but you have to be really careful about fending off xenos and killing them. I would have liked examples/details including humanoids/humans as well.

Ultimately, I advise you try again. You can definitely expand your story and a few of the other points in your application. By asking a council member or a few other whitelisted synthetics for help with your app and the story this can easily be a successful application next time. However, as it stands now I have to -1 this.
    gaming

Discord: Yukonsnow#7186

Synthetic Technician Dan, message me about any Synthetic WL questions, I'll help as best I can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good night! Thanks for your answer and I believe it will help me in my next application, I really have several ideas for my synthetic but ... I couldn't express them very well. One thing I find strange is that normally everyone says they don't find me out there doing support roles ... maybe it's because I don't play much (2 to 5 games a day, at most, doing support roles in many of them) , since the front makes me have a lot of lag), but I have no idea exactly. My initial idea was to create a synthetic that was made in order to serve the Brazilian masses but at the end of it was in extremely advanced battle operations that even he could not calculate, sometimes stopping while thinking about a solution or making some mistakes in intense situations, it is a robot version of myself (with some other general mini-personalities from all over Brazil) including knowledge and even my ways of doing things, optimism and not liking to talk a lot are technically the main peculiarities , but I was thinking of applying some others in practice like: A highly unnecessary education, being stressed when someone tries to hurry him up, not being able to complete 2 or 3 things at the same time, usually giving all your attention to just one task in order to make it perfect, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very thank you!

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your story has improved since the last time you applied, but it's still fairly inadequate; it fails to show any 1 clear personality. Other council seem to have an issue being able to distinguish a particular personality and rather several personalities trying to be taped as one, this heavily weakens your story and with the lack of content, makes it challenging for us to see if you actually understand your own character.

It seems that you've made a generally good attempt to improve your support performance since the last application, although I, and a lot of the people I've talked to in regards of you, don't feel confident you're ready for the Synth WL.

The biggest issue is your grasp of English. Your writing is below expectations (for a Synth) and at times, harms your ability to communicate your ideas towards other people. In general, this ranges from IC interactions and announcements, to the responses you've made here.

What I want you to do for the future is to read other Synth stories for inspiration, create a more concrete and polished personality for your Synthetic, continue practicing support roles, especially Doctor and Squad Engineer, and, if you can, try to improve in your English for better communication.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there. It's been a while. To add onto what everyone else already wrote, I dont think you fully understand what a Synth is. In your answers its too human (it making mistakes, taking time to answer, getting stressed (unless only emulating it)). If you have any questions feel free to ask me or any other councillor.

Its gonna be a -1 from me.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You really need to work on your english before reapplying.

Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Synthetic Council Member Jakkkk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Synthetics are at the end of the day, androids. They're not like Detroit: Become Human robots with emotions after time, they don't feel this. They don't feel anything, they're essentially like an AI that has been programmed to have certain personality traits, and I think your story misses this.

-1, better luck next time.
    Synthetic Senator