Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KaiserBlackwood - Commanding Officer Application

Commanding Officer Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID?
    KaiserBlackwood

Player Name You Use Most?
    Andrey Rogovyk

Make a list of links to all of your ban appeals as well as whitelist and staff applications (both accepted and denied) submitted within the past year. For appeals, provide an additional ban reason and the appeal’s verdict next to the link.
    Unable to do so.

Have you received any bans in the last month?
    No

What is your timezone in UTC?

What is your discord username and handle?
    Andy The Andy#9661

Basic Questions & StoryWhat do you think is the job of a Commander?
    CO is a core of the ship's brain.
    His job is to control the battle and backlines, in order to achieve a victory. Make use of the fact, that everyone in command are people, and they can have bright ideas on how to resolve situations.
    This involves massive amounts of RP, compared to being a regular marine, or even a MP. As you have to uphold to the standards set by Uniform Justice, and by Server Staff.
    Sometimes, this means that you have to grab your gear and deploy to the ground, in order to make better use of USCM's equipment. As marines tend to ignore CAS or OBs.
    Reward marines for their efforts, in order to make them more proud, so they will riot less.

Why do you want to be a Commanding Officer?
    CO is a role that I want to discover, in order to better understand how the USCM works. Also, sometimes I just need a rank high enough, to yell marines into doing reasonable things. Selfish, but honest. Also, sometimes marines deserves medals, tho they don't get any. I want to give them credit for being good players.

What do you think you could contribute by being whitelisted?
    I could contribute a CO that will try to make marine corps slightly better disciplined.
    And I can be present during more rounds, as I have alot of free time for now.

How will your Commanding Officer behave? Describe their character.
    Captain Rogovyk is a calm and reasonable person. They always try to talk to people, before resorting to usage of violence. They rarely execute people for minor things, as they think that anyone can redeem themselves in eyes of society. However, they have a grim side, which turns on when they get angry with something. They become cruel and cold-hearted. This happens only when marines do outrageously stupid things, or Captain gets killed too much.

Name and briefly describe your Commanding Officer's own ship.
    USS Dawnbreaker

A sleak recon craft, painted black and golden yellow. It's outfitted with rocket launch tubes and active countermeasures that prevent the hostile ships from locking onto their signature. It rarely engages in open combat, prefering to stay hidden, until they can deal a critical blow to the enemy. It relies on speed, rather than strength of the armor plates. Its crew is experienced in boarding enemy ships unnoticed and operating stealth craft, that can covertly deploy troops and bombard/intercept hostiles.

Your story (potential topics listed below)
    ExperienceHow experienced are you with the position of a Squad Leader (SL)?
    I used to play as SL, until I decided to explore all the roles, in order to better understand them.

How experienced are you with the position of a Staff Officer (SO)?
    Not good, not bad. At decent level. Do not like micromanaging marines separate marines.

How experienced are you with the position of a Department Head?
    I am well experienced with position of Department Head. I can run MP and REQ departments.

How experienced are you with the position of the Executive Officer (XO)?
    I played some rounds as XO, and mostly they ended with marine victories. However, sometimes they were a disaster.

How familiar are you with Marine Law and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)?
    I play as MP often, so I read through the Marine Law and SOP from times to times. There were problems with how I identified the crimes, but those were minor, I guess.

ScenariosWhen do you believe a Battlefield Execution should be used? List some examples of scenarios in which a battlefield execution would be correctly used.
    BEs should be only used as a last resort tool. Almost all things can be handled ICly by MPs and command.
    As an example of situation for BE: A Marine on ground goes rogue and starts shooting people. They can't be reasoned with, but marines managed to subdue them. If deployed, I'd BE them in order to show, that every marine should be reasonable being.

Or in case of research staff letting loose lethal chemicals or xenos. I'd BE them, if the situation gets out of hand. As they endangered, and partially participated in marine murder.

Or if marine tries to kill me. I will BE them as a seditionist.

In general, I'd refrain from using BEs.

Under what circumstances do you believe it is legal to pardon a prisoner? What are some examples of crimes you would pardon, and those you would not?
    I'd pardon marines for crimes if they are justified. As example: Marine breaks a window, in order to get the medical supplies from the locked room, as the only medic is dying. Or if they shoot someone who was gunning down other marines. I would also immideately grant pardon to marines, who proved that they did not commit a crime, and were framed. Or the accusation was false.
    However, I would not pardon a marine who commited mass murder and then try to plead insanity.

What is your routine after starting the round as either a Staff Officer or Executive Officer? Assume you joined round-start and are inside your quarters.
    Go to the CIC, check on the other staff, then figure out the plan. If there is no RO, as XO, I'd handle the REQ, or assign SOs and Synth to do it. Then, I announce briefing time and prepare a plan. I will check all the squads for numbers on their engineers, medics and PFCs, and what kits their specs got. According to that, I would prepare the operation. Depending on the situation I would alter the course of actions.

How would you handle insubordinate departments? State what you would do for each department if they were insubordinate.
    Most of the insubordination cases Andrey would handle by going there and conversating with person in question. If impossible to reason with them, he'd command an arrest or force the person to follow the orders.
    That would be easy to do with REQ, Medical or Engineering, however it's harder to make it work with MPs or Command. In case of MPs, he'd message HC, if impossible to handle the situation without escalation of conflict.
    As to Command Staff... Well, I'll say that it will be a 1on1 talk in his office.

How would you handle an understaffed CIC? What if you and the XO are the only available CIC crew?
    I and XO will split the duties. XO will handle one half of the squads and REQ, whilst I handle the other half and coordination of other departments.

What would you do if you were deployed and a marine told you they were going to desert the operation?
    I'd try to convince them to not do it. As they are a valuable asset to the USCM. If not possible to reason with them, I'd try to subdue them, and turn in to the MPs. If they resist and start using lethals against me, I'd probably BE them. Still, I will try to keep them alive.

ConfirmationsDo you understand that any player - even donors or staff members - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our Server Rules or Roleplay Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand you cannot advertise or promote this application on any platform, including Discord?
    Yes

Do you also understand that you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to state the obvious, I've not seen you in action yet.

Your answers are a tad on the minimalist side however, and your story is arguably short and would not make sense within the context of a military.

Enlisted and Officers are basically two different career paths and you would not realistically go from Private to Captain, particularly in such a small space of time. You would be entering the USCM as an Ensign to begin with.

Your Battlefield Execution answers are too simplistic for me in that most of them would have the person being BE'd probably banned by the moderation team before you even get to them anyway.

Your answer about pardons is also not really understanding the point of a pardon. It's not to establish whether a charge is valid or not.
    It's "You're guilty, but I need you and the need for you outweighs the need to have you serve your sentence."
    I'll try not to get too nitpicky with ML because it can be difficult sometimes, but:

I'd pardon marines for crimes if they are justified. As example: Marine breaks a window, in order to get the medical supplies from the locked room, as the only medic is dying. Or if they shoot someone who was gunning down other marines. I would also immideately grant pardon to marines, who proved that they did not commit a crime, and were framed. Or the accusation was false.
    However, I would not pardon a marine who commited mass murder and then try to plead insanity.
    The latter half of the first case would be covered under Self Defense/Defense of others under an appeal.
    The second case would also be the outcome of an appeal.

An example of a pardon would be a medic got into a fight with another marine and stabbed them, but you're extremely short on medics and you can reasonably trust that this medic has cooled down and won't harm anyone when released, knowing that you are liable to consequences if they offend again when pardoned.

Going to -1 for now but hope to see you around to get a better picture!
    Last edited by Somenerd; 08-23-2020 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Formattin!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand, thanks for pointing out the weak points.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ain't gonna go on a big rant, but I urge you to withdraw this application. You lack a good knowledge of marine law, that alone will get you denied. I don't need to state any further grievances. I have also never seen you in command, but that could be timezones. My advice is to just withdraw this, then ask for help from whitelisted COs, and use the whitelist app help channel on the discord.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, I personally hate people applying CO whitelist just because they played Command roles for like a week or just a month then they think they are ready for it. Assess yourself. Study the marine law. Study the whole aspect of Command then you'll be fine. Your answers is one of the worst I've ever seen.

-1, don't even see you playin' command roles. Don't get your hopes up too high and I suggest you just withdraw this.
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 08-24-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your criticism, but I want to hear multiple opinions, before withdrawing the Application.

Whitelisted Captain ScreamingIdiot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a clear lack of effort and self-reflectiveness here that speaks volumes of your inexperience. Some minor spelling and syntax errors here and there also quite clearly point out that you didn't proofread this or have someone review it for you, to say nothing of even consulting any of the councillors or experienced COs for advice and constructive criticism.

Take some time to really understand the ins-and-outs of the role as well as consulting accepted applications for guidelines on how to make a successful app.

Commodore Lorenzo Fiore / Sergeant Callisto Fiore / Synthetic Gary
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    4th Division, 4th Brigade, 4th Aerospace Division, 1st Colonial Support Group
    THE FALLING FALCONS
    USS ALMAYER

Part of the CO council. PM me for any and all CO related needs and I'll help you along.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does one withdraw it, then?

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ya just gotta say "I'd like to withdraw my app" or something like that.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Withdrawal request's been acknowledged, unless you say you want to keep it open.

I'd recommend consulting whitelisted COs in #whitelist-app-help on Discord for help with your application, as they can help proofread and fix any beginner mistakes that can be found in your app.
    I'd also like for you to play XO/SO/SL a lot more and make yourself well-known in the community. Being talkative over comms helps a lot, as do playing prominent leadership positions. A round or two of MP wouldn't hurt either, though all you really need to do is know Marine Law well enough to handle crime processing and the like - COs sometimes end up dealing in Marine Law a bunch due to pardons and the like, and knowledge of ML is crucial in these scenarios.

Make sure to keep (and potentially write down) others' advice above.
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump