User Tag List

Thread: Redoing whitelists?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Redoing whitelists?

If you, a person who already has a whitelist of some kind, ever had the chance... Would you attempt to redo it again to see if people would still want you in?

Sometimes I think about that. I am on every single whitelist as of current, but sometimes I begin to doubt if I still deserve to be on said whitelists. It makes me curious about attempting to "apply" again to see if I'm still worthy of holding such access, moreso now that people already know what I am like in such roles.

"who cares?" I assume you think. And you probably got a point. But sometimes, I do ponder such a question, wondering if I'd still pass the "test" and get whitelisted with all the current knowledge staff and important players have of me, as well as the fact that a lot of people came and went, meaning fresh faces and fresh opinions.

Those of you on the list, would you if you could? And how would you feel if you found out you weren't legible for a role anymore?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    imposter syndrome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    imposter syndrome
    er... Care to explain in more detail?

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i can't talk too much about this since the only whitelist i have is Captain and been less that 1 month since it.

Though, it would be kinda strange Re-applying to see if people would still want you on the role.

Reno, you are one of the Best CO on the time i joined. A pretty Good one, even if i haven't saw you on the role lately.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renomaki View Post
    er... Care to explain in more detail?
    imposter syndrome is where you think you arent good enough for your job or whatever. just google it. Its all in your head.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that's imposter syndrome, learn to ignore it. It's an issue in a lot of high end careers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by edgardo View Post
    Reno, you are one of the Best CO on the time i joined. A pretty Good one, even if i haven't saw you on the role lately.
    Yeah, that is one the reasons why I even made this topic.

While I am trying to play more Captain when I can, sometimes I feel like I'm not really utilizing it enough when I probably should, moreso considering how difficult it is sometimes to get good captains. Course, that could be explained with my desire to want to play EVERY role I can rather than restrict myself to a few roles, moreso one role that I tend to get burned out with pretty easily due to my desire to want to be a good leader (and often failing).

Heck, I rarely play synth and predator these days too, course those are a story all on their own.

Course, speaking of predator, I think that one is the biggest reason I'd have for wanting to reapply for a whitelist, since I feel like I don't really deserve the option as much as I used to due to poor performance as of late.

Mind you, this isn't a "make me feel better about myself" thread, so much as it is a "am I alone in this thinking?" thread, so don't worry too much about me. I'm just curious to see if others would do the same if given the option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reno. You are a great CO and fine at RP as well S one I and probably a good amount of other Cos have looked up to at some point. You are probably just going through a rusty or disinterest phase, I�m currently in one myself. Play when ya feel up to it and have fun. Don�t stress or worry m8, your a good CO and as said your RP is typically on point. I

As for the topic question, not particularly.