User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player reviews for Queens and COs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Player reviews for Queens and COs

I like to ask questions so iam just going to start my video game forum career with one.

What if at the end of each round players were able to rate how good their CO or Queen were? It could be some sort of 5 star review sort of thing but really that sorta thing can be anything it wants. Can be 5 star, can be 10/10, or some sorta Metacritic score. Maybe the "reviewer" could put his reason why he put their score in.

I really don't care which sorta scoring system people would want I really just wanna know if people would like something like this or not and why. Really just your general thoughts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every time a side loses the CO/queen would just get swarmed with negative reviews regardless of how good the player actually did.
    Viktor Kovalevsky
    Martin Dark

02.10.20 - mentor

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MollytheGuy View Post
    I like to ask questions so iam just going to start my video game forum career with one.

What if at the end of each round players were able to rate how good their CO or Queen were? It could be some sort of 5 star review sort of thing but really that sorta thing can be anything it wants. Can be 5 star, can be 10/10, or some sorta Metacritic score. Maybe the "reviewer" could put his reason why he put their score in.

I really don't care which sorta scoring system people would want I really just wanna know if people would like something like this or not and why. Really just your general thoughts.
    What sigil said bud. You seem new to this server, so lemme just tell ya, the leadership always gets blamed. Is it their fault sometimes? Sure. But they'd get blamed for it every single time.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I feel like the average marine has no clue how helpful or not the CO was in a mission. They only know probably 5% of the actions the CO took in any given round.

Outside of meme COs, if the CO gives orders that sound like they make sense, the average marine lacks the tactical awareness to have any real clue if it was actually a good idea or not.

Instead its confirmation bias, if the sadar lands a good rocket and kills two T3s in a push, the CO's order to push was brilliant. If marines mess up and die without killing anything the CO's order to push was terrible. When actually it was nothing to do with him.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess what your CO did
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once, I woke up as Captain after the evacaution of the planet.

The aliens boarded before I even made it to the CIC.

When I eventually died, some people were blaming me for the whole operation, despite not being awake for 99% of it.

Most of deadchat who flame people don't understand what is going on, nor the reality of the situation.
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, it does fall for command around 50% of the time. You can be certain that its command fault marines lost if its LV and some dumbass CO dediced to OB Hydro for no reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now this is interesting. Most of you all seem to share the same opinion that having a review system wouldn't be a good idea because the average player does not know how to fairly judge their own leadership.

Now I love the responses cause it implies something more, so I gotta ask more.

Does this all imply that the server has a toxic minority? I do seem to see alot of the same people spread their salt in D-chat and call almost every admin event shit. And you all don't seem as judgmental as the denizens of D-chat ,probably because you're forum users, but you do represent some part of the community in theory atleast I hope.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MollytheGuy View Post
    Now this is interesting. Most of you all seem to share the same opinion that having a review system wouldn't be a good idea because the average player does not know how to fairly judge their own leadership.

Now I love the responses cause it implies something more, so I gotta ask more.

Does this all imply that the server has a toxic minority? I do seem to see alot of the same people spread their salt in D-chat and call almost every admin event shit. And you all don't seem as judgmental as the denizens of D-chat ,probably because you're forum users, but you do represent some part of the community in theory atleast I hope.
    There are people who can be toxic at times, and can be cool at times. But there are some people who are probably cranky a whole lot more than others, and that could make people view them as toxic. From my observations, however, CM SS13 is miles less toxic than games like Roblox, or at least from what I have seen.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Majority of players never even play command at all so that would be an instant no on the basis of that alone.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!