August 25, 2020
    Your Character Name?
    Jameson 'Drugman' Hawkins
    Their BYOND Key
    jamesthebond
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    11:50 PM or so
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    - Ensure that all incidents are adequately investigated before giving a ruling.
    Description of the incident
    I was playing SO during a pretty standard round, during which it got reported that we had a xenocultist traitor. From reports it sounded like he had killed a couple marines, and his body was eventually brought up to CIC. While in CIC, I shot the body. (Should be noted - it was permadead by this point, I had a medhud and could see that. This was in no way permakilling a player). This was because they were a traitor that killed men under my command, and I thought it would be in character for them to shoot the body. I was then noted by jamesthebond for LRP after a back and forth for a while. Nothing special here. My argument against this is chiefly that defacing a body isn't necessarily LRP. I think it was completely in character for someone who had lost men to a traitor, to deface the body of said traitor while no MPs were around. I'll give more specific examples below of similar things happening IRL. I do not think Jamesthebond adequetly investigated whether or not incidents like this happen, and assumed that it was automatically LRP and that marines wouldn't do this.

Should be noted he wasn't hostile in any way. No hate towards the guy, just think he made a wrong call on this.
    Evidence
    Edit Note:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    How you would punish the accused
    I just want the note removed, he didn't adminbus or be a dick. I just disagree with the ruling.
    Last edited by forest2001; 08-26-2020 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Spoiler tag

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play stupid games win stupid Rewards that is the main thing, and I have to say also the way you acted to me with hostility and with a attitude I could have banned you easily since you acted like a 100% Troll and went against Rules

Rule 1 Rules are enforced as intended. Every example of a rule break cannot be defined as written, therefore, enforcement of the rules is subject to staff interpretation of the rule's intention.

Rule 3. Don't be a dick - Harassment, racism, bigotry, homophobia, exploiting bugs, cheating, hacking, and just plain being an asshole. Giving out plot spoilers to any media with malicious intent is not allowed, but the general discussion of plot that contains spoilers about media released 1 year ago or longer is fine.

After I warned you a 2nd time in which I said I wouldn't note him a Second time after those rule breaks I called Scorpii to interfere and help explain what rules there are and the Definition of LRP but this is a game, not real life Argument kept on going Regardless of which it was near impossible to explain our in-game Lrp standards are not based on Real life and when i did make a Real life Comparison he tried to bend the idea.
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assisted in this ahelp as well and also sent an ahelp since bardinatavern started bringing up Articles and other real life Uniformed Code of Military Justice facts.

So first thing I'm going to say and, I'm not speaking as a member of the Armed Services, this is purely my opinion. In saying that, I don't give a damn what happens in real life. Disgracing bodies and taking pictures of them is a heinous act in real life and I'm definitely not one who agrees that should be promoted on the server either. Normal Marines SHOULD NOT be doing acts like this and that's why this is regarded as LRP, in your case.

Furthermore, you were being extremely rude and confrontational to Jamesthebond from my observation, which is why I stepped in (with James permission) in order to give you this same explanation.

We're not here to play semantics and relate things to real life or how it can be interpreted in real life UCMJ. If the rules say that defacing bodies or other heinous acts that are considered dishonorable are LRP, then thats the decision.

We're here to tell you that its against the rules, not to argue the semantics of it, as said before. James and I were very patient with you but this is ridiculous that I have to convince you HOW this is LRP.
    Captain Chirs Mooris - CO Whitelist

Chris - Synth Whitelist

"CM without RP is CM without a soul"

My join date is a lie, I've been around since 2017

Trial Moderator: 02AUG2020 - 08SEP2020
    Moderator: 08SEP2020 - 05NOV2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Disgracing bodies and taking pictures of them is a heinous act in real life and I'm definitely not one who agrees that should be promoted on the server either. Normal Marines SHOULD NOT be doing acts like this and that's why this is regarded as LRP, in your case."
    Not sure why you brought up taking pictures. Anyways, I disagree heavily. Something being immoral does not make it LRP. It is not considered LRP to steal a dead marines equipment, although some may consider that immoral. With proper escalation, it's not considered against the rules to even kill another marine although that is also obviously immoral. The CL forcefully giving someone a loyalty implant or giving marines drugs knowing they'll become addicted and have to serve his interests is very immoral, but not LRP. Immoral is not the same as low roleplay.
    " If the rules say that defacing bodies or other heinous acts that are considered dishonorable are LRP, "
    They don't. It does say that all marines are physically fit and mentally sound, but it also says that character development can happen over rounds and that doesn't rule out someone being angered by circumstances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow you can't edit messages. Hate to send another one but I wanted to add something ellse:
    The idea that someone clicking on a permadead body with a gun in a 2d spaceman game is so heinous that it becomes LRP and is therefore notable, seems somewhat absurd to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs in 24-48 hs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgtmike View Post
    Logs in 24-48 hs.
    Thanks Sgtmike
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs up:

Logs showing bardinatavern attacking the body.

Spoiler Spoiler:

BardInATavern telling CIC staff to shoot the body + SEA telling him to stop.

Spoiler Spoiler:

PMs between BardInATavern and Jamesthebond

Spoiler Spoiler:

Scorpii steps in.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The punishment in question is valid, in my opinion, but James was involved in the situation before he then dealt with it.

James will be spoken to regarding dealing with ahelps he is involved in, but other than that, the note is valid.

Resolved.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer