User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Luis's guide to cooking 101

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh wow. Will you please tell me how do you make a Big bite burger in microwave? One I tried in a restaurant. It's was a juicy, cheesy Pimento Cheese Stuffed Burger stacked high with fried heirloom tomato. My Homemade grilled or any other kind of burger do not turn out like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A day in Cody Knight's mess hall.

First, a word of warning about what to expect if you do things my way. Shit will be thrown, blood will be spilled, tables will be flipped, feelings will be hurt, windows will be shattered, shots will occasionally be fired, and MPs will sometimes be called. I'm not exaggerating. Take heart though, my friends. This is all for the best and prepares the Marines for the trials of battle they will soon face. The key to the success of the Marine Corp is keeping them angry at all times. Keep your hand on the shutter button in case things get out of hand and firmly remind the Marines that this is your fucking kitchen. Say it with me now. "This is my kitchen, there are many like it, but this one is mine."

Now onto the process.

1) Keep your shutters down and crank out as many fried eggs, waffles, muffins, coffees, and orange juices as your counter can reasonably hold. I usually shoot for about 8-10 eggs, 4 waffles, 4 muffins, 5 coffees, and 6 or so OJs. Do this quickly, the Marines have only limited time to screw around with RP stuff like breakfast. These items are all easy to make and can continue to be produced quickly in order to fill depleted counter space while the grunts ransack the lounge. The next 10 minutes of your life will be a frenzy of cooking quickly and efficiently. It is your duty to make sure these men and women are fed a legally edible and nutritious breakfast.

2) It's time to announce breakfast over the ship's intercom when you feel that you have enough items prepared. Remember that you're a professional. "Good morning, Marines. Breakfast service will commence in 5 minutes at the lounge. Today's menu is Fried Eggs, Waffles, Muffins, Coffee, and Orange Juice". Announcing the menu is the important part. This isn't Burger King, they can't have it their way. They will try though.. lord will they try.

3) Raise the shutters and brace for impact. The kitchen counter is your FOB and it will be under attack. Keep your situational awareness about you and prepare to repel boarders in between preparing dishes. Ignore the hurled insults, it will get ugly. Things will be thrown at you and people will occasionally attempt to jump the counter. All bets are off once a Marine crosses the DMZ of your kitchen counter. Defend your turf. Remind the Marines that the only food items available at this time are what's listed on the morning menu. Just keep cooking items to refill the counter as it becomes depleted.

4) The breakfast crowd will fizzle out and you can take a few moments to gather yourself, clean the blood, and organize the kitchen/lounge for lunch. Announce last call for breakfast with something like "Attention Marines, breakfast service at the lounge will be concluding in X minutes". Head to your drug lab and begin planting various fruits, wheat, tomatoes, potatoes, etc. You'll get a feel for what you need.

5) Clean off the large table, grab some hot sauces from the briefing hall, and begin to prepare lunch. I personally prefer cheeseburgers, tacos, fries, stew, borsh, pizza, and a few cakes. Again.. efficiency is the name of the game and you're not guaranteed to receive a restock on your ingredients, especially meat. These items are all quick to prepare and require minimal ingredients to produce in bulk. Three premade pizzas can be found just south of the kitchen in maintenance, and the kitchen venders have more than enough prepackaged food items to supplement your good 'ol home cooking with.

6) Place your lunch spread onto the large table in an organized manner, toss out some hot sauces, slice up the desserts, and announce that lunch is now being served in the lounge. The lunch crowd, if any, will not be NEARLY as large, bloodthirsty, or aggressive as the breakfast crowd. You have room to breath here and take custom requests if you'd like. I put the home cooking on the large table and reserve the kitchen counter for vender foods, sodas, chips, etc.

After that you're pretty much set for the round! You've now catered a small crowd in a semi-professional manner. Sit back, light up your cig or space joint, and do whatever the hell you want to. I make sure the kitchen counter is absolutely loaded with vender foods and drinks before I disappear. Marines retreating from the planet will often grab food on their way past the lounge, so it's best to have a large stockpile ready for self service.

Anyway.. that's my take on Mess Tech. I've been enjoying it lately. Occasionally I like to gimmick around by only serving shit like wish soup, borsh, boiled eggs, etc and claiming budget cuts while blaming supply.
    Last edited by AMindsEscape; 06-13-2022 at 10:32 AM.