User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Basedoperator - Commanding Officer Application

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can a competent Captain/Commander make an incompetent decision? Why? or why not? Enlighten us especially the CO council.
    Last edited by Enyonggg; 09-07-2020 at 12:57 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    Can a competent Captain/Commander make an incompetent decision? Why? or why not? Enlighten us especially the CO council.
    Of course. Making a bad judgement does not make you a bad leader. When playing command there are calls you will have to make on issues you may not be fully informed of, or perhaps something you don't know (it's impossible to know everything). You shouldn't be afraid to seek credible advice in a manner that does not incite your lack of knowledge as a flaw. Sometimes as command you make mistakes and things go wrong, and that's part of the game. No matter how much blame deservedly or undeservedly falls on you you must account for mistakes and adapt. What matters is that you improve, learn, and make better decisions next time. It's part of the experience and growing as a leader.

Commanding Officer Council Member Pahndoomack's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had you as my XO multiple times, my experience is positive with your in game performance and behavior.

I can agree that speaking a little bit more on the discord would shine well on getting your name more known to many, however I think your name is recognized well enough that it does not concern me.

+1
    Alberto 'Topper' Staffer
    Sam 'Snake' Creed
    Jack Houser
    Synthetic Jacobs

Discord Pahndoomak#7127

Frankly, stuff.

Developer & CO Senator (Major General) naut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw you as XO on multiple occasions and have seen you do pretty well in the role. But, as said above by Pahndoomack, I think it'd help your application massively to be more active in Discord and take time to socialize, and maybe even make new friends.

Question time! You know the drill:

Briefly describe a round where you lost as an XO. What led up to the loss? Did your actions contribute to a defeat in any way, and what do you think you could learn from the experience?
    Major General / Colonel Samantha 'Sammy' Maverick
    Colonel Chris 'Topher' Lawson
    Synthetic Tara

CO Senator (as of 3-19-21)
    ̶D̶e̶v̶e̶l̶o̶p̶e̶r̶ Maintainer (as of of 3-23-21)

I'm just someone trying her hardest to not get everyone horribly killed.

im an artist too! see my works at my art dump below
    //showthrea...aut-s-Art-Dump

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played a few rounds with Daniel Morgan as the XO. Overrall it has been a pretty good experience. You're not toxic when dealing with incompetence, also I like the way you deal with your subordinates. A great commanding officer I'm sure.
    +1

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by naut View Post
    Briefly describe a round where you lost as an XO. What led up to the loss? Did your actions contribute to a defeat in any way, and what do you think you could learn from the experience?
    It's difficult to think of a loss in recent memory, one directly my fault, that really made me re-evaluate myself and my play style, but one that comes to mind is one I had when I first started rolling XO. The round was on LV-624 and I was without a CO in the CIC with a single SO, and my first XO roll must've been only a few days ago. There was no req staff and I did not think, as such a green XO, to involve myself directly in handling it. I did not watch squad cameras despite lacking Lieutenants so my situational intel was a game of telephone. A poorly coordinated OB lead to bad hits and we were on the retreat, myself unable to give concise or timely orders, leading to captures and flanks. Eventually, after being pushed to the FOB I had called evac. I did not set the AA and on the Almayer defense we were destroyed.

That was probably my worst XO round ever, and after that I learned from that experience many things. As an XO I learned that if your usual subordinates were absent then it is your responsibility to make sure that someone gets the job done. After that round I most importantly began my consistent XO routine of always setting AA and OB, authorizing points, checking the crew manifest and compensating for the lack of filled roles such as assigning aSLs in low-pop. If there wasn't an RO, then I, an SO, or anyone else qualified would have to be sent in. I would be diligent in making sure nothing that I could change was lacking, because people will not always do things for you.

I from then on would always make sure that my decisions were well informed, discussing the state of the battle with my SOs more often, making sure supply drops were sent and watching the cameras myself to formulate more educated plans. I learned from that round ultimately that I would be the final responsibility in making sure the necessary gears behind the operation were turning, and that to be a better commander I would have to be vigilant.

I would have to have not only faith and confidence that the decisions I were making I was right, but be able to make quick judgements at the turn of a battlefield. I would be more involved in monitoring the situation and I would announce more frequently and informatively.

Personally I believe that round was probably the most impactful on how I play command today. The lessons taken away made me insistent, I am always engaged on comms to keep everything coordinated, I always make sure the departments I am ultimately responsible are manned, and I always make sure that I am maintaining and using the tools at my disposal to lead the marines to victory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1.

Based Operator. Based XO.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've observed you play command roles for a lenghty period of time and overall I'm very satisfied with your competence and general attitude towards commanding, I believe you would make a good addition to the CO WL.

+1
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah sure, seems like you put exceptionally more effort than your average applicant into getting the whitelist.

+1

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Memesky View Post
    Yeah sure, seems like you put exceptionally more effort than your average applicant into getting the whitelist.

+1
    i try.