Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blackburn out for real

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blackburn out for real

It has become increasingly evident that the lead staff members are taking CM in a bad direction (again) and so I'm just gonna make my exit now before my enjoyable memories of CM get tainted by the way things are going. Between the most recent changes to Captain that are very blatantly targeted at players like myself, Windhealer, Juro, and basically anyone else who plays captain to make rounds more fun instead of jerk off in CIC all round and the obvious bias that some staff have against members of the community, I don't really see any reason to stay around here any longer.

Last time I took a break, Dreven was the one who kept bugging me to come back and play some rounds with him, but since he is out of here, I'm leaving too.
    The gameplay portion of CM has been getting better over time, but the roleplay is pretty much entirely gone, and staff members are pushing for there to be only very specific types of roleplaying that they want, which is a shame. The devs have done an awesome job improving combat and making things more fun for everyone, and I want to thank them for that. Especially Neth, fourkhan, Walter, and basically every other dev that I have seen communicate with people, you're the real heroes of CM.

The most recent big drama fest, as Dreven said in his post, also left me with a negative outlook on CM staff/management as a whole, and I know I am way too much of an autist to just let myself forget about that. It's clear that high ranking staff positions have mostly been used for self-serving purposes, like getting rid of people that they personally dislike, while ignoring actual shitters like a certain individual with V in his name.
    I hope that when CM goes open source, some good people get a server going and don't let it degenerate over time like what happened here with CM. It was fun while it lasted.

Honorable mentions to the following gamers for being great to play with:
    GenericUsername - You got captain a little after I did, and it shows with how you play. It was a lot of fun whenever I saw you rolling CO or an important role, since I knew it'd be a good round to join in
    50rem - Racist and sexist, you can't get more based than this.
    Destrok - True beast, your autism is rivaled only by my own when it comes to bitching about balance
    Trollernoob - Robust as fuck, one of the best CAS pilots I ever got to play with too
    Bobatnight - Based individual and chad cripple.
    Fortelian - Pleasant guy to talk with, one of the few people who could play MP without ruining an entire round.
    Bill Sutton - You're always hilarious to see in-game, no matter the role
    Frans - For giving me a chance to play captain, even if the rest of the council didn't think I'd be a good one. Thanks man.
    Kryth - Best OT. I loved getting your retardedly powerful grenades and rockets when I rolled spec.
    Christine Kennel - Based boomer.
    Dismas - Real nigga. Encouraged me to go for captain, fun guy to play with.
    Bancrose - I have to put him here or else I'll be arrested for not following affirmative action
    GRIMES - Giga beast. Staff literally can't do shit about you, and you're fun to play with.
    Boob Van Cleavage - Taken far too soon by staff, hope to see you on another server.
    Alberto - Cool dude overall. Very nice.
    Hawke Blokkum - The highest roleplayer on all of SS13. You will never be surpassed with your incredible talent for roleplaying mundane actions.
    Ducky - He's black and has a big afro, very cool guy.
    Swagbag - Helped me out a lot with getting captain, professional shitposter.
    Fabio - We haven't spoken much recently, but you're a great dude.
    Smov - Helped me out with getting my captain whitelist, even if you care too much about marine law.
    Kirsh - Real nice guy.

I can't write every single person that I have had fun with here, but you're all cool and I hope you still have a great time with whatever you do.

Also yeah I got banned from the discord for posting a meme that someone didn't like. Feel free to message me at Lore#4526 on Discord.

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another gamer down. See you around soon, Florida.

o7
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We didn't play much at all together, but you seemed like an alright dude the times I did play with you. Good luck in your future endeavours.
    Joe Dafoe, PFC/hobby Huntard hunter.
    Xenomorph FOE, disgusting runner/warrior main.
    Yautja hunter Nall'kro, clanless heathen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amen soldier, good luck on whatever community you choose to join in next, and I'll welcome you back if you ever decide to rejoin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Farewell my friend. it was great playing with you!
    i will miss you Orlando.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    o7, you will be missed.
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every good RPer is leaving... this is a very sad time in CM.

see you next week blackburn

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was fun playing with ya,

What’s happening here on the server is a self solving problem, it will just take a while for it to fix itself.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HBlokkum View Post
    It was fun playing with ya,

What’s happening here on the server is a self solving problem, it will just take a while for it to fix itself.
    Yeah I've dealt with this problem on other games and servers, I'm just keeping myself out of it until it's fixed, too many people get hurt or ruin their relationships with one another during drama fests.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See ya Blackburn when I first started MP I hated you but then I started liking you I mean who doesn't hate MPs good luck in life see ya around man