Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: IC mechanics and roleplay

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Oh please, please, please.

I don't want to be rude, but I will say that: "Oh please, please, please, shut up."

I recommend going to some HRP server, whatever, just go BYOND hub and find one designated HRP and then preach your nonsense that they aren't realistic enough with not allowing self-harm, because they all have pretty much the same medical system as CM does, maybe a bit complicated. Really, because its mentally exhausting to read your posts.
    Go to Aurorastation forum and start complaining that your character is not allowed to casually self-harm just because Advanced Trauma Kits exist and since they exist and they can heal each and every minor, to major wound, you should be allowed to do that.

If you come back and they won't change their policy on what is HRP on their server (and bear in mind its HRP server, CM even in wildest dreams is supposed to be considered MRP), then the answer will be clear. Spare us this, there are other servers that need your help! They don't realise that what they don't allow should be allowed instead. Don't let those fools wait any longer! They have to be more realistic! Go, go, go now.
    Nah, I don't really bother with other servers; since for whatever reason, CM is pretty much the only server that doesn't lag and is actually playable.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttly View Post
    Nah, I don't really bother with other servers; since for whatever reason, CM is pretty much the only server that doesn't lag and is actually playable.

HAAHAHAHA!

Seriously? CM doesn't lag and is playable in comparsion to any other SS13 server?
    Ladies and Gentlemen, we found SS13 Combat player. Close the thread.
    Last edited by CABAL; 08-31-2020 at 10:46 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    HAAHAHAHA!

Seriously? CM doesn't lag and is playable in comparsion to any other SS13 server?
    Ladies and Gentlemen, we found SS13 Combat player. Close the thread.
    Yeah, I'm serious. It *is* the least laggy one out of every single one I've tried even after leaving the game on for a while to download the server assets for.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm serious. It *is* the least laggy one out of every single one I've tried even after leaving the game on for a while to download the server assets for.
    Yes, CM is famous for being the least lagging server, especially at 150+ pop. Never had a game with less lag, even singleplayer games lag more than CM does. All other SS13 servers are lag fest, might as well call themselfs turn-based, while CM is as smooth as a newborn skin.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except that's exactly the point.
    The "cushioned" damage as "unrealistic" as it is, should be perceived as reality to the characters in the game.
    Not telling people that pretending that it's anything but as such to be LRP when they are reacting to them as what they are.
    No that’d be awful and I wouldn’t play this server if that was the case. We shouldn’t be treating shooting slugs at each other the same way as a fist fight. I think a lot of other people like it the way it currently is and would dislike if we implemented what you’re suggesting.
    Clancy Long
    Ethan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulaboy View Post
    No that’d be awful and I wouldn’t play this server if that was the case. We shouldn’t be treating shooting slugs at each other the same way as a fist fight. I think a lot of other people like it the way it currently is and would dislike if we implemented what you’re suggesting.
    And why is that?
    If I were hit by a slug in-character, it's 30ish brute damage presented with the damage system with the addition of dizziness effect, why would acting upon facts presented by the mechanics itself to be LRP?
    It is quite literally NOT more lethal than a prolonged fistfight, it defies the in-universe logic to pretend otherwise.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And why is that?
    If I were hit by a slug in-character, it's 30ish brute damage presented with the damage system with the addition of dizziness effect, why would acting upon facts presented by the mechanics itself to be LRP?
    It is quite literally NOT more lethal than a prolonged fistfight, it defies the in-universe logic to pretend otherwise.
    Hey man, the server has role play standards to make it more enjoyable for players. I personally like them and I think other players like them. I’d also like weapons to do more damage to realistic levels, but I also understand the reasons they’d be set at the levels they are for improved gameplay with the conditions we face in game. I don’t really understand what you want from this discussion. Letting players hurt their selves intentionally for fun doesn’t sit right with me from a role play perspective, and while that might be just me from the other responses I’m seeing here make me think that some other players are against intentional harm even if it‘a minor through game mechanics. What do you think the server should do or changes do you want made?
    Clancy Long
    Ethan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man, the server has role play standards to make it more enjoyable for players. I personally like them and I think other players like them. I’d also like weapons to do more damage to realistic levels, but I also understand the reasons they’d be set at the levels they are for improved gameplay with the conditions we face in game. I don’t really understand what you want from this discussion. Letting players hurt their selves intentionally for fun doesn’t sit right with me from a role play perspective, and while that might be just me from the other responses I’m seeing here make me think that some other players are against intentional harm even if it‘a minor through game mechanics. What do you think the server should do or changes do you want made?
    The change I wish for would be that all these ridiculous by real life standards thing to be accepted as reality ICwise, not labelled as LRP.
    The characters exists in a different reality, to say that "in-game mechanics" is not their reality and instead substituting it with your own when by all measure they are not; seriously takes me out of the game's own world, out of the character's own perspective of it as part of the roleplay experience.

It is as jarring as people correcting themselves over homophonetic spelling mistakes ICly, when in game you do not "see" chat messages as texts but as sound, verbally.

Whitelisted Synthetic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The change I wish for would be that all these ridiculous by real life standards thing to be accepted as reality ICwise, not labelled as LRP.
    The characters exists in a different reality, to say that "in-game mechanics" is not their reality and instead substituting it with your own when by all measure they are not; seriously takes me out of the game's own world, out of the character's own perspective of it as part of the roleplay experience.

It is as jarring as people correcting themselves over homophonetic spelling mistakes ICly, when in game you do not "see" chat messages as texts but as sound, verbally.
    I don't think I'd play colonial marines if we viewed the in game mechanics as the reality the characters inhabit. They're meant to be tools to create a story rather than something to work around. What do you think about making damage less forgiving for marines to reflect the danger getting shot or run over presents to make it more realistic?
    Clancy Long
    Ethan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I'd play colonial marines if we viewed the in game mechanics as the reality the characters inhabit. They're meant to be tools to create a story rather than something to work around. What do you think about making damage less forgiving for marines to reflect the danger getting shot or run over presents to make it more realistic?
    As I've said earlier on post #26, from a roleplay perspective there is no problem in my point of view.
    The reality just simply changed itself to accomodate these things and your character should just play along with it, each round end is a soft-reset after all.
    But yes, it would sacrifice the gameplay aspect for most people.
    Last edited by Ttly; 09-01-2020 at 03:12 AM.