User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: People of the CM-SS13 community, how long did it take you to understand the game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question People of the CM-SS13 community, how long did it take you to understand the game?

I have only played this game for 2 months, I began to understand the game when I googled about flamethrowers and stumbled with the wiki. That was 5 weeks ago. Please share any stories you were a complete Newbie because I would love to hear them.

Charlie D. out!

Edit: Wow I didn't think people would notice me and respond to this thread.
    Last edited by Charile Dival; 08-30-2020 at 10:35 PM.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when a marine kept breaking out of the nest and shotgunning people over and over so I killed him and the queen reported me for killing a nested marine and the staff gave me a note even though I was brand new and couldnt understand how 1 larva was worth people dying for 1 stupid ass capture. I learned the rules are stupid and staff are assholes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, in one of my first rounds I decided to grab some nades with the limited supply of points (you know, the ones better spent on kits). I then proceeded to use them a few times.

*HEFA №1 goes flying* Shit. That hurt. But maybe I threw it wrong.
    *HEFA №2 tossed* Okay. This is garbage. I'm never using it again.
    Viktor Kovalevsky
    Martin Dark

02.10.20 - mentor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It went rather fast for me as I had played on TG for a few months, the only thing that was hard to get used to was the lag, but the lag is nearly gone now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A friend introduced me to CM, he was the best mortar operator back then. He even got a few good medals out of firing the mortar.

My bitch ass thought it's a good idea to go as a squad medic, even tho my friend insisted I NEED to go as a marine. I got dressed, somehow, and then he told me to go north(we were in delta). Briefing just finished and he told me to follow the crowd.

I went in the opposite direction, towards engineering.

It took a few weeks to learn how to do shit, lucky me had some chill dudes who taught me how to use the scanner and kits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ladwhy View Post
    A friend introduced me to CM, he was the best mortar operator back then. He even got a few good medals out of firing the mortar.

My bitch ass thought it's a good idea to go as a squad medic, even tho my friend insisted I NEED to go as a marine. I got dressed, somehow, and then he told me to go north(we were in delta). Briefing just finished and he told me to follow the crowd.

I went in the opposite direction, towards engineering.

It took a few weeks to learn how to do shit, lucky me had some chill dudes who taught me how to use the scanner and kits.
    That sounds... Fun. Especially for other marines. Thankfully I played on goon for a while so I at least knew how SS13 worked.

Another fun episode was from that one time I tried using HEFAs: I obviously got filled with shrapnel, and, even though I read how to get it out, I still managed to forget that 'use' is the same button as wielding a gun. I then proceeded to stab myself like six times before the brainlag stopped and I remembered.
    Viktor Kovalevsky
    Martin Dark

02.10.20 - mentor

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when staff noted me for suicide as CL even though i was brand new. didnt even bwoink me lol just noted me.
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShakeEZ View Post
    when a marine kept breaking out of the nest and shotgunning people over and over so I killed him and the queen reported me for killing a nested marine and the staff gave me a note even though I was brand new and couldnt understand how 1 larva was worth people dying for 1 stupid ass capture. I learned the rules are stupid and staff are assholes.
    Same but I didn't get warned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigil View Post
    Well, in one of my first rounds I decided to grab some nades with the limited supply of points (you know, the ones better spent on kits). I then proceeded to use them a few times.

*HEFA №1 goes flying* Shit. That hurt. But maybe I threw it wrong.
    *HEFA №2 tossed* Okay. This is garbage. I'm never using it again.
    Yeah I discovered those my 2 nd game. Then I learned from a brave delta squad marine that priming is better than activating it then throwing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigil View Post
    That sounds... Fun. Especially for other marines. Thankfully I played on goon for a while so I at least knew how SS13 worked.

Another fun episode was from that one time I tried using HEFAs: I obviously got filled with shrapnel, and, even though I read how to get it out, I still managed to forget that 'use' is the same button as wielding a gun. I then proceeded to stab myself like six times before the brainlag stopped and I remembered.
    Same, a charlie squad medic told me to click on the knife, Then I proceeded to kill myself by stabbing my head.