User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: People of the CM-SS13 community, how long did it take you to understand the game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I had already played on tg for an bit I was experienced with the general basics of SS13, on my first CM round though, I woke up, explained to someone that this was my first op, and to just follow them, so I did, we deployed.

It was LV and we went south of nexus to engie, he got attacked be an xeno while I was standing there shooting at it with my M41A in semiauto, turns out no one explained to me that there was an burst fire mode, so in the end both my guide and me died.

Learned the ropes over an few days in the basic roles after that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first time playing CM was after having played Goon for a long time, so I came into it with limited expectations.

I was playing an engineering cyborg and events led me to smacking a Xeno with my welder and effectively halting a Xeno push by Rcd building a bunch of walls and airlocks.

I was then immediately cyborg banned and learned that Xenos were and always will be, sodium saturated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The third time I tried playing SL I got assigned to Delta. The round ended in an aborted mutiny and half of my squad battlefield executed for sedition and trying to kill me.
    Last edited by SilentMountain; 08-31-2020 at 12:28 AM.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang. I can't even remember my first round, or anything like that. But I do remember a round when I tried playing XO without a whole lot of experience. The survivors (back in the day with survivors who actually got to be hostile and sell marines stuff, and actually do stuff) were trying to sell us a giga expensive combat synth, that could shoot guns. 100,000 dollars. As the aCO I decided we should buy this. So to get money I figured we'd need to ask the CL, so with our synth and some MPs, I c4'd the CL office open and then demanded he give us money. Shortly after I had to go cryo. Never even got PMd for this, kinda based.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Googles_Hands View Post
    Since I had already played on tg for an bit I was experienced with the general basics of SS13, on my first CM round though, I woke up, explained to someone that this was my first op, and to just follow them, so I did, we deployed.

It was LV and we went south of nexus to engie, he got attacked be an xeno while I was standing there shooting at it with my M41A in semiauto, turns out no one explained to me that there was an burst fire mode, so in the end both my guide and me died.

Learned the ropes over an few days in the basic roles after that.
    Wait, there is a burst mode on that gun? I thought that burst is only for the SMG...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Driker View Post
    My first time playing CM was after having played Goon for a long time, so I came into it with limited expectations.

I was playing an engineering cyborg and events led me to smacking a Xeno with my welder and effectively halting a Xeno push by Rcd building a bunch of walls and airlocks.

I was then immediately cyborg banned and learned that Xenos were and always will be, sodium saturated.
    So xenos explode...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    Dang. I can't even remember my first round, or anything like that. But I do remember a round when I tried playing XO without a whole lot of experience. The survivors (back in the day with survivors who actually got to be hostile and sell marines stuff, and actually do stuff) were trying to sell us a giga expensive combat synth, that could shoot guns. 100,000 dollars. As the aCO I decided we should buy this. So to get money I figured we'd need to ask the CL, so with our synth and some MPs, I c4'd the CL office open and then demanded he give us money. Shortly after I had to go cryo. Never even got PMd for this, kinda based.
    Totally BASED. I really want to know more about that round.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still dunno what I'm doin
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the game it self was eh.
    but it took me 2 fucking year to learn how to read and speak English from the moment I played CM back in 2018.
    which did slow down my progress of understanding ss13 and CM by alot

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first round was as bravo at 12:56 on Trijent. Me and my friend were in a VC and he had trusted me with a HEDP. No sooner we got groundside I was looking through my gear and took the grenade out, "Its z to activate the nade right?" Que me priming it. And in a hurry to throw it, landing it beside Arnie and the baldie he was teaching. Got my first kill tho.
    Jaio 'HOP' Gsulio, Marine who enjoy's Spec, SG and SO. Hmmph. The true JTAC God.
    Athein Bo'ytill Based Unrobust Pred

Mentor: 4-28-2020 - 9-9-2020
    TMOD: 9-9-2020 - 10-3-2020
    Retired: 10-3-2020 - Present

Shout out to Manezhinho, mans a chad.
    Jaio 'HOP' Gsulio
    [

Spoiler Spoiler: