Byond ID?
    JaioAcex

CM Character?
    Jaio 'HOP' Gsulio

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT - 5

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    Weekdays: 35 hours Weekends: 36 hours

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I have some experience being a discord moderator, SS13 not.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    I do not, none have peaked my interests.

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    ACCEPTED: //showthrea...ja-Application

FAILED:
    NOTES: //showthrea...ja-Application

GENERAL INCOMPETENCE (MY PART)://showthrea...ja-Application

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    I am not.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    I believe I have been banned for 24 Hours, more? I have not.

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    I have not.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    I am open to communication, and seek to do it whenever I am unsure, or inexperienced upon the topic.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I'd firstly investigate, should they be new I'd get a mentor (if none) I'd come to help them. All the while supplying a warning for Rule 4: Griefing.

New or not, they should've read the rules before just shooting someone.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I'd inform them we are unable to handle whitelist reports, and that the player forums are for those. I'd also link the forums aswell as supply the ckey so that they may go ahead with the report if they seek too.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I'd firstly drop a swift "Hi how ya doin' man?" to just give them the feeling of welcoming. After I'd refer them to the SEA (if none) I'd just go ahead and hop in to help them, no use waiting for a SEA to get on if I can help them and let them have more fun quicker! Learning is a must, but fun is another thing most seek.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I'd firstly inform them to stop. If he believe's I'm wrong he can file a staff report to have action taken against me.
    I'd also stress to him, insulting and arguing simply make's the report harder, his disrespect only generates more reasons to not trust him, and the he is not entitled to an admin if he believes I'm wrong.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I'd simply inform them meme names are not allowed, they break general atmosphere the CM community strives to create as a roleplay server. I'd warn them to change it the next round, and ask for a replacement name for the current round.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    Should it be a start of a round, and I was unsure if it was an event. I'd dm them asking them why they were doing so, if it was an event I'd leave it be. Even if it wasn't an event and they gave a decent reasoning (not "just cus") I'd let it play out icly unless my intervention was needed (I.E. Mass Murdering)

If it's late round, and hijack hasn't happened, I'd ask and should their response be "cause xenos be coming yo" I'd inform them that information isn't known until ARES actively warns them the Alamo has been hijacked.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    I believe this could be confusing, if it was properly escalated I couldn't really do anything. But should it just be a run-n-gun cause "I said i was hostile" when I ran up, it'd be a warning and a checking of notes. Should it be a frequent occurrence I'd issue a job-ban of Surv and a ban for IE related to the listings.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I'd dm the MP asking if they were new to the role, if so I'd get the CMP or another MP to teach them, I'd also link ML and inform them to abide and give the proper punishment for their charges.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I'd most likely inform the aliens via qm to stop stalling, and face their demise and take as many with them as possible.

If that didn't work, I'd subtly message the aCO something along the lines of. "You've the feeling of HC angrily writing a fax due to the time and resources you've wasted for the four bugs, and have a sense of dread to quickly wrap this up." Throw a bit of fun into it while wrapping the round up.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I'd quickly see if he was new, and had any prior notes. If so this would be griefing, and very obvious at that. If he was new and doing this, I'd issue a strong warning and a possible job ban to prevent this further behavior, all the while Ahealing those that had succumbed to the behavior.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    I'd inform them it wasn't EORG. as long as it's not FF it's able to be done.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I'd let MPs handle it unless it fell under a needed item. I.E. Tank tracks, tank armor, Spec weaponry, SG weaponry or the likes. If so I'd warn them to quickly return the items and not do it again, should they have prior notes of it I'd issue a heavier warning and leave it at that, unless a ban for rule 3 has to be applied.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I'd inform them of proper escalation and that you couldn't go from a single punch to gunning a guy down. I'd check notes (as always) should they have none, warning. Should they have some related to prior behavior I'd issue the correct ban needed.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    I'd MOOC all mutineers to follow the guidelines, five people, one leader, ahelp. If they refused and continued to try this, I'd asleep them and dish out warnings and likely bans should their note history reflect this behavior repeatedly.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I'd inform them it was an IC issue, unless it was directed at them OOCly, otherwise I'd simply inform them to just move away from the group.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    This is griefing, plain and clear. Needed ban and aheal all effected marines. I'd also account the specified time of logging before being able to be contacted.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    If new, I'd inform them they can't combat larva and warn. If not, its the same as past answers. I'll issue a job ban if needbe, otherwise a warning to not do so again.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I'd PM them, informing them they're currently, very blatantly, breaking Rule 2. They're not to act in a meme driven, LRP way. And insulting the queen wouldn't be tolerated, as they're a hivemind. Should this behavior continue, I'd job-ban them from xeno and issue a warning.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    I'd inform them its different between people, some call it a bird some call it dropship. Its a personal preference

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I'd inform the SO they've no knowledge of the groundside threat, except that it exists. They're unknowing if it's CLF, UPP, Xenos or whatever. all they know is that its there, and they're to handle it. Warning for meta, even if no prior history for it.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    Should escalation be followed, and roleplay happening. I'd inform them it was IC.

Should it not be, however. I'd warn the player for Rule 14, IE.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I'd leave it be, it's someone mad and it happens. However should it continue after a decent amount of time, I'd ask another staff member to handle it accordingly.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    I'd inform them it was an IC thing.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I'd inform them of what they did wrong and offer aid, should they decline it I'd most likely pm the person correcting the mod. All the while being polite as possible, we all make mistakes.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I'd simply take mental notes (and screenshots) for a later date should it evolve past this. Should it continue I'd contact a manager with the screenshots and allow it to be handeled there.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I'd like to become a moderator to bring my skills to the table, of being helpful and reliable. I enjoy the server and would like to be able to contribute to it more than I currently do as mentor. All the while helping others have a better time, and formulate good memories of the server.

A server's not good if fun isn't a priority, and here I see it is. I'd like to be able to enhance a players fun, and help best I can.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Understanding. Moderators should be able to understand what happened to lead to the other thing. If you just instantly assume, you've the likelihood to be wrong, is that bad? It depends. If it's very severe punishment for something minor, it is. Otherwise, it's a learning experience for everyone.

The ability to understand makes moderators able to comprehend and become better at what they do, if you're able to understand and relate to a player, (one ranting in AHELP for this) you've the possibility to avoid further conflictions as they finally realise "oh this guys human and understands." and has the likelihood to calm and avoid further incidents.

Anything else you
    My pred applications (the two failures) look bad, I'm aware. I've currently and still am pushing myself to further a positive outlook of myself amongst the community and make up for thebad I've done. My history isn't the greatest, and I do apologize for those rough spots, the same with WL rulings. I must say and ask that you understand I've changed, and am not proud of what I did to deserve those. Other than that, i wish you a good day or night, whenever you're reading this. Tag's Jaio#3857 if you need anything.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notice
    I'm currently applying for a job, should I achieve it I'll notify the team immediately of the new hours of work, and the new total hours I'll be available to moderate for.
    Jaio 'HOP' Gsulio, Marine who enjoy's Spec, SG and SO. Hmmph. The true JTAC God.
    Athein Bo'ytill Based Unrobust Pred

Mentor: 4-28-2020 - 9-9-2020
    TMOD: 9-9-2020 - 10-3-2020
    Retired: 10-3-2020 - Present

Shout out to Manezhinho, mans a chad.
    Jaio 'HOP' Gsulio
    [

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    -We dont interfere with this its considered wholly an IC issue, simply leave it be.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    -Hostile survivors are still banned so it would be treated as grief.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    -Good but if you are involved ahelp and let other staff take care of it, only handle your own issues if you are the only staff on.

Your app has a few wrinkles but most of that can easily be ironed out during a trial, from my interactions with you as a mentor and as a player I know you take your job seriously and I think you would be a valuable member of the staff

+1
    Former member of the Commanders Council, PM me if you want help with making a whitelist or have a question.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, as you pointed out you do have some negative views amongst players and staff which doesn't look good without seeing everything.

I spend a lot of time just talk'n with ya in Dchat and such, you're generally active in the discord which is good and ensures you're well intune with the playerbase.

As TTS said here you got some issues with the app but we don't expect you to know and that's what the trial and us trainers are here for.

I'll support this cause I know you fairly well but gonna be honest with ya, you gotta show that you're the guy I say you are to increase your chances at Moderator.

+1 from me lad.

- Cocktor Dumpy, epic trainer and VV mastermind

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies for this taking so long.

I'll send you a message shortly, welcome to the team.

Accepted.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer