User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GradusNL - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GradusNL - Ban Appeal (Timed Ban)

Ban Appeal
    Byond ID?
    GradusNL
    Character Name?
    Gunter 'Santa' Klaus
    Type of Ban?
    Timed Ban
    Admin who banned you (if known)
    maurovega
    Total Ban Duration
    2 Days
    Remaining Duration
    2 Days
    What other servers do you play on?
    Hippiestation
    Are you now or have you been banned on any servers? Which ones?
    Permbanned from TG for repeatedly escalating badly and banned from Yogstation for insulting an admin after he said I couldn't kill people as traitor so I could order traitor gear from cargo.
    Reason for Ban
    As a CT, gunned down the RO cause he was clearing his requests list, saying he was retarded the whole round and annoyed at the end, emptied a pistol into him with no escalation
    Link to previous appeals for the same ban (if applicable):
    -
    Your appeal, including evidence (screenshots, etc)
    This appeal is not for the ban itself, it is for the ban reason. I feel that the ban reason misrepresents the situation and what caused my actions.

At the beginning of the round the RO left me to deal with the lines whilst he ran off somewhere not doing any requisitions work, only coming back towards the end of the beginning rush.

This pattern of incompetence continued through-out the round, culminating in the incident which I was banned for.

The shuttle had been hijacked and I was trying to order some supplies to fortify the pods, as that had been ordered by the CO. The RO wiped the request list once, at which point I told him to fuckoff.

The RO did not in fact fuckoff and decided to wipe the list again, he did this wordlessly both times. If he was ordering his own items I could see the logic in it as he is my superior, but he wasn't. All he was doing was wiping the request list. At this point I shot him.

The key facts that I feel should be in the ban reason was that this was during a shuttle hijack, the RO was not ordering any items of his own to aid the ship and that he was not explaining what he was doing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notes:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why was I banned from RO and CT? My actions had nothing to do with those jobs. I didn't abuse those jobs or use the capabilities provided by the job to grief.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reason: As a CT, gunned down the RO cause he was clearing his requests list, saying he was a retard the whole round and were annoyed at the end, emptied a pistol into him with no escalation by XXXXXXXXXXX on Sat, January 26th of 2019

If you grief as a job, you'll almost certainly be banned from it.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got low-key griefed by the RO for the entire round, when he does it again after I tell him to stop I shot him. This doesn't feel like something that I deserve a jobban for.
    I get the 2 day server ban, I should've ahelped instead of shot him, but permanently banned from the roles seems like overkill. My "grief" has nothing to do with the jobs.
    Why would you get banned from a job when your "crime" has no connection with the job? I got banned for shooting somebody without escalation, that has nothing to do with requisitions.

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then you should have ahelped if you felt that they were griefing you as you said. End of the day you were a CT and he was the RO, You are his subordinate so for a start you dont tell them to fuck off. If you wanted to run the department you should have spawned as RO. You can obviously see in hindsight what actions got you banned but you dont seem to understand why. The reason you got Jbanned was for killing another marine, and your superior officer at that. Any role would get Jbanned for that save for PFC.

Im going with -1 For now. If you can impress me with the rest of your appeal and how you react to other people answers i may change it but for now yea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have literally just got unbanned from a command role and now you receive another one, after reviewing the details supplied, you improperly escalated the situation with the RO and thus landed with a ban. Shake up your act or next time it could be more severe. -1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 420M.Y.K View Post
    Then you should have ahelped if you felt that they were griefing you as you said. End of the day you were a CT and he was the RO, You are his subordinate so for a start you dont tell them to fuck off. If you wanted to run the department you should have spawned as RO. You can obviously see in hindsight what actions got you banned but you dont seem to understand why. The reason you got Jbanned was for killing another marine, and your superior officer at that. Any role would get Jbanned for that save for PFC.

Im going with -1 For now. If you can impress me with the rest of your appeal and how you react to other people answers i may change it but for now yea
    "End of the day you were a CT and he was the RO, You are his subordinate so for a start you dont tell them to fuck off. If you wanted to run the department you should have spawned as RO."
    Due to the RO's self admitted incompetence (or malice) I was forced to take over his job too, I didn't want to but in order to give the other marines what they needed I had to. I reached a breaking point when he was actively working against the ship by preventing me from ordering supplies for pod defence.

"You can obviously see in hindsight what actions got you banned but you dont seem to understand why. The reason you got Jbanned was for killing another marine, and your superior officer at that. Any role would get Jbanned for that save for PFC. "
    You say I got banned for killing my superior officer, this simply isn't factual. I didn't kill the RO. He also wasn't acting as a superior officer, his consistent incompetence and miscommunication caused me to have to step into that role for the entire round.
    I had to "clean up" after the RO the entire shift, that is why I wasn't treating him as a superior officer. His incompetence, my experience with him for the entire round and the high-intensity, high-stakes nature of the situation caused me to tell him to fuck off and take the actions following that.

I understand that I did something wrong and deserve a punishment for that, I said as much in the OP. What I don't understand is why that punishment includes a permanent jobban. My "crime" had nothing to do with the job itself, I didn't abuse any of the functions provided by the job. If it is standard policy here to jobban a person even when the rulebreaking action is unrelated to the job then you really need to take a look at your policies. It seems incredibly arbitrary to me. but I would like to know the reasoning behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizari View Post
    You have literally just got unbanned from a command role and now you receive another one, after reviewing the details supplied, you improperly escalated the situation with the RO and thus landed with a ban. Shake up your act or next time it could be more severe. -1
    My previous years-old command jobban was completely unrelated to my wrong escalation with the RO. That ban was for suiciding when I should have stepped into cyro.
    You say that I should "shake up my act", but this was a snap after getting pushed by the RO for an entire round as I described above. I fully understand that I should not have shot him but have ahelped instead, I don't deny that I have done something wrong, I just don't think that it warrants the permanent jobban for reasons I described above.

Manager Emeritus & System Administrator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally don't see an issue with the ban reason, as it matches your own description of events. You gunned down the RO because you didn't like what he was doing. -1
    TrialModerator from 12/15/2018 to 12/29/2018
    Moderator from 12/29/2018 to 6/29/2019
    TrialAdmin from 6/29/2019 to 7/29/2019
    Admin from 7/29/2019 to 6/17/2021
    Manager from 6/17/2021 to ???
    ManagerEmeritus from ??? to ???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaperx15 View Post
    I personally don't see an issue with the ban reason, as it matches your own description of events. You gunned down the RO because you didn't like what he was doing. -1
    I mentioned in the OP which facts weren't included in the ban reason and do hugely impact the situation.
    "The key facts that I feel should be in the ban reason was that this was during a shuttle hijack, the RO was not ordering any items of his own to aid the ship and that he was not explaining what he was doing."