0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how could you do such thing, I never wrote it as a meme >

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can a competent Captain/Commander make an incompetent decision? Why? or why not? Enlighten us especially the CO council.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enyonggg View Post
    Can a competent Captain/Commander make an incompetent decision? Why? or why not? Enlighten us especially the CO council.
    Hello there! Cha!
    The Captain or the Acting Commander is indeed capable of making an incompetent decision, As demonstrated by that I myself have made a decision to orbital bombardment the forward operating base as a last resort seeing that the marine will not be able to evac, I realized there was nothing that can be done except for me to hit the button to fire OB, However, what I didn't realize was that there was still plenty of barricade line that could potentially hold off until the evac could come proper, the event was also recorded too by April. (https://youtu.be/qwbvPRD6nfE)
    Sometime, not everything will go the way we want it to. there are adverse notions and variables outside of our control. It's not us that will decide those outcomes, the game can be onesided, but it's never for just 2 sides. there could always be another 3rd party that throws away the round completely.
    XO and CO aren't the only people who can make incompetent decisions, it's likely that every time they do it, their activities are usually shown nearly instantly.
    Their actions result in casualties at time, and possibly some other worse outcomes if any, Maybe it's the XO telling everyone to hold at the briefing but nobody set the AA resulting in 21 marines dead(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...70/unknown.png) Maybe it's a CO wanting everyone to attack the queen but everyone refused and retreated, evacuated. leaving him or her to their own demise.
    And I can only say that Those things are why I play CM. Because weird shenanigans can and will happen, Their action may not necessarily be incompetent, but it does however show that people can make mistakes.

Commanding Officer Council Member Pahndoomack's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find Mei to be ICly competent for the most part, though their behavior can occasionally be somewhat LRP, this isn't my main concern.

My concern is after having informed them to stop OOCly, they still behave in a manner which makes me, and others I know of, uncomfortable. Constant ERP jokes are not funny, nor is going into my DMs to extend them there, it's just plainly awkward and extremely weird.

I understand that you hold this WL to be extremely valuable to you, and though it is my belief that everyone is capable of getting it with work, I cannot honestly say that I want someone with your behavior to be in command of the entire Marine team.

-1, I do not doubt your potential, however until your behavior matures, I will maintain this opinion.
    Alberto 'Topper' Staffer
    Sam 'Snake' Creed
    Jack Houser
    Synthetic Jacobs

Discord Pahndoomak#7127

Frankly, stuff.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Understood your concern, however oocly I can assure you my behavior is just me being polite. Unless I say otherwise.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy!

Newly Appointed CO Councillor here.

It is with great regret that I'm going to have to amend my vote to a -1.

You've recently copped a discord ban and my latest experiences with you in game have me slightly concerned, particularly given you were making meme/pop culture references in announcements.
    This is not acceptable for a CO to do and quite honestly usually gets even an XO a note most of the time.

Saying this, while I do not currently think you are ready for the whitelist I have spoken to you at length about your reasons for wanting to do the whitelist and what you want to achieve by doing so, and I don't want you to take this as a complete rejection.

The role of the CO Whitelist is likely to undergo some drastic changes in the future due to current development plans, and in my conversations with you you seem more interested in using the CO role as a senior leadership or mentor position for junior leaders than you are in using the specific tools for the CO such as Pardons and BEs. With that in mind, I think you may find that with the current intended direction of the server that you may be happy just as an XO.

I think you're a competent commander, and I think your actual reasons for wanting the whitelist are fairly noble. But your behaviour isn't there yet.

If you still want to get the CO Whitelist in the future I highly encourage you to work on your Grammar, Behaviour, and References.

You can't be getting banned during a whitelist application. It looks incredibly poor, and raises concerns that you may cause issues further down the line.

I genuinely hope to see you apply again in the future if you still want the whitelist, and if you don't, I hope the upcoming changes are to your taste.
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonjour.

It appears my fellow council-member SomeNerd has articulated my feelings quite well.

Using the announcement system for LRP isn't acceptable for an XO, nevermind a CO. You are expected to be at least a reasonable level of roleplay within the role and that doesn't meet it.

Whilst I can understand that we can all have LRP days and be a bit silly, I'm yet to see that it is just a one off.

The role of CO is changing and with it, the expectations of the role will likely increase with the changes proposed.

I advise spending more time as an XO and prove to the community as a whole that your behaviour is tip-top.

<::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll do a trust fall on this one, I know Kira can change the behaviour during the process of this app.

I find no issues with the player nor with the app, its pretty much cookie cutter, but so is 90% of COs here.

+1 Godspeed.
    Vibing as: Dismas Hind.

THE BOIS (And gals)
    https://pastebin.com/DHCmg4nM

Shoutouts to Manezinho for the pixelart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, the amount of effort Kira has put into their application is enough for me to be comfortable giving this a +1.

I'm not a fan of some of their other behaviors but I think that given a chance to prove themself they would do just fine. They're good, just a little rough around the edges.
    Whitelist Speedrunner

CO-05/26/20 Synth-06/17/20 Predator-07/10/20

First Report (Denied)-08/06/20

Trial Moderator 07/14/20-07/28/20 Moderator 07/28/20-Present Discord Moderator 08/18/20-Present
    Moved on to greener pastures 08/27/20

Hazel Ray-Smartgunner/Medic/Very Sad

Tori-Synthetic/Rock Fanatic/Your Best Friend

Thuah-Uahtok Bo'ytill-Predator/Snarky/Unrobust

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll drink to that +1

Garret Dalheart reporting for Duty!
    Captain Howard Dalheart Captain of the USS Almayer Deceased
    Ckey: TheDexfiles