Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The true boomer is finally heading off to the old retirement home

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The true boomer is finally heading off to the old retirement home

Tomorrow I will be retiring from staff, my position as the Yautja maintainer, and quite probably the server itself. I came to CM some 5+ years ago, way back when the Sulaco, cloning, xeno armor, the Rasputin, req lines that were north to south, Atmospherics, the Supermatter, Xeno's that would break the glass containing the SM and subsequently get yeeted, and many other nostalgic things existed. It saddens me that I am leaving CM, as I have many, many friends and co-workers to whom I will miss, but I believe that this is for the best. CM is not what it used to be, and that’s ok for those that enjoy what it is today, but I can’t stick around and watch this server morph into an entity to which is the opposite of what I enjoy. I will be sticking around on discord, but after today I will be gone, gone, gone.

Before I go, I wanted to give shout outs to numerous friends, co-workers and community members whom I have enjoyed working with and farting around here slashing up Marines (Yes, I was a Xeno main, all staff are) and taking many, many trophies.

Survivor: Good lad, probably the most robust player the server has. I hope he sticks around to provide a challenge to those facing him. It is my belief that players only get better when we fail. And if you go up against Pierce, you’re going to fail a lot.

The Bo’ytills: On your own volition, you guys went above and beyond what I thought was not possible, creating your own cohesive and organized clan. You guys are the ones who gave me the idea to start working on the clan system. Having talked with many of you, and been a part of your discord for some time now, I am amazed at the level of organization and communication you guys have. Please continue with this trend, your guys tenacity in seeing your goals come true have been one of the best things to come to this WL in a long time.

Sora: A solid human being who gives a crap about the community and is so very good at communicating and mentoring new players.

Feweh: I was wrong about you. Back when we were discussing on whether or not to lift your ban, I was vehemently against seeing it lifted. Now that you’ve been back for a while, and I’ve been able to sit down and chat with you about the community and the server, I see that I was wrong. You’re a pretty good guy, misunderstood I think, and criticized far too heavily. If you ever opt to make your own classic RP CM server, give me a shout, I’ll gladly jump aboard that boat.

Awan: You guys shit all over this guy and all he does is work his ass off for you lot. He has an accent and talks in clog, so what!? Get used to it, open your ears and take some time to interpret rather than to shit all over something to which is natural to that person. Guy’s good shit and I haven’t a bad word to say about him. He’s always been there for me and more times than I can count has asked “Hey, how’s your day?”. Something so simple yet so meaningful in this community, which is saying a lot.

Walter/Watermelon: I’m sorry I keep fucking your name up. Dude, you are a bonafide hero. You put the Yautja WL onto your back and ran like Usain Bolt with it. I can’t thank you enough for the work that you have done and will continue to do. P.S - If you guys force this guy out with your toxic bs, you should be ashamed of yourselves. You will have never have deserved him.

Starmute: Fellow weeb that introduced me to a ton of amazing anime. The late-night chats about various amines in general staff chat that threw Soldier into a craze were fun times.

Forest: Another person to which you guys shit all over and have no idea what you have. This fucking man works his ass off more than anyone else on this server, except maybe Walter/Watermelon. This guy has done so much behind the scenes work that I honestly believe he is the sole reason why 90% of our staffing systems work. On top of that, he’s always there for you, always asking how you are and giving his thoughts and asking for advice on things. He’s a good man and you lot don’t that shit on him don’t deserve what he has done for this server.

Dommy: Basically, a mini Forest who hasn’t fully developed yet. Keep this guy around, because if you don’t, you’ll lose a ton of future work.

Hunk: My friend, with my leave I grant you the honor of becoming an honorary citizen of Canada. You will always be welcome here, once you make the decision to actually come up here of course. Also, another guy to which you all hate who busts his ass for you lot and you don’t even know it.

Jamie: Good conversationalist, charismatic, and great coder. Good boss who never did me any wrong. Even a bigger weeb than Starmute and I combined. Maybe is Japanese? I don’t know, never asked.

Soldier: Drama and memery have never been my thing. Soldier however enjoys both in spades. You guys are lucky to have someone who cares so much about this community and puts up with your BS.

Superjoe: Fellow Canuck that I wish the best for. Listen to and communicate with the WL community and you’ll be fine. Utilize Sora and Dommy, both have amazing work ethics.

Lordington: A guy who never backs down from a fight in something that he believes in. Don’t leave staff again, mate.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok bye

more worsd, u were a good admin even tho i didnt always agreed with you, you did a lot of good for cm

cya soldier
    Last edited by AcuteCircle; 09-01-2020 at 01:06 AM.
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad to see you go, you were one of few staff members fighting for RP. Good luck wherever you go next

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    R.I.P another legend.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post
    The Bo’ytills: On your own volition, you guys went above and beyond what I thought was not possible, creating your own cohesive and organized clan. You guys are the ones who gave me the idea to start working on the clan system. Having talked with many of you, and been a part of your discord for some time now, I am amazed at the level of organization and communication you guys have. Please continue with this trend, your guys tenacity in seeing your goals come true have been one of the best things to come to this WL in a long time.
    Muh man Rob. Even though you're Canadian I still respect you. Your southern brothers are always willing to accept you (into the superior nation).

Also, ya was based. I never had to recover your body (forest :eyes and you were a cool admin and a cool yeetja senator.

GG.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See ya! You were a great admin and always remained professional.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    all of these are 100% warranted, blasted shame development has started a trend of annoying the old guard. Though i've only seen you a few times in some open channels, i'm sorry to see you go.
    "Come on chaps! Why just dust off the OB flames it'll create. Nothing the USCM can't handle!"
    Currently playing as a sublimely gentlemanly British chap: Warris 'Haig' Fernsby

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HBlokkum View Post
    See ya! You were a great admin and always remained professional.
    Your pred app will go down as one of the funniest (and best) reading moments I've ever had in this community.

Cheers mate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn Rob, it'll be a shame to see you go. I hope you know I truly appreciate your work with the Yautja WL and for helping to shape the community within it, and helping new people who wanted to become part of it such as me, thank you for all of it Rob, and whatever community you find yourself in after this, I hope you enjoy it there, and if you ever decide to rejoin this community, we'll accept you back in with open arms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never knew alot about you but its always sad to see people go good luck in life man