Date of Incident
    September 4, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Madeline 'Compy' Czech

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    Arbs

Accused Character Name
    Alan Jones

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    19:00 CST

What rule(s) were broken:
    Roleplay standards as SL

Description of the incident:
    Basically they refused to follow appropriate orders given by Command and ran off to hunt Lurkers.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    Logs will be provided by whoever does it

How you would punish the accused:
    Honestly Jban from SL, not that hard to follow the simple rule of listening to Command's orders

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you provide more information on the instance you are reporting, because I am not sure what I am being reported for.

What roleplay standard did I break as a CO, and how did this affect you or the round progression?

I understand you may be upset and it is your right to reort me, but at least present why or what this is about. So please present some more details so that I can explain to you what happened and why. Because I do not recall breaking any roleplay standards or ruining the round experience for anyone.

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correction, i typed CO by accident/reflex, I mean to say SL.

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for lack of detail. You didn't really ruin my round but it was more or less the waste of the role.

You were given orders which were reasonable to follow. Which was to secure the FOB and build cades.

You just ran off with the Spec and SG into areas such as engineering, east gap, ect when we had no cades up because you refused to follow direct orders from the XO, briefing orders from the CO, and you were even told multiple times over comms to get your ass back to the LZ1 and setup cades.

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the contrary, I think i did the most anyone could make out of the SL role.

The FOB already had at least two engineers from bravo and one from charlie. Another one from delta joined up later on. When we landed I made it clear that our engineers, were to construct at the FOB. Sadly we didnt have any. Since there were engineers from other squads, it was not necessary for me to personally build cades.

Just shortly after landing we moved into the Nexus. We already got weeds in south nexus, got multiple pings south and came into contact with xenos directly. This was not just some casual runner or what not. On the contrary it was what turned out to be an entire gang of 5+ runner/xeno/spitters.

This exact group had I not responded with the squad would be tearing up the undefended force at the LZ and even flank our main force through the hydro road and pick off lone marines one by one.

As an SL I am deployed to lead marines into combat and bring them back in one piece, not pretend to be a pseudo engineer when it is absolutely unnecessary. And I did that excellently. Alpha had the lowest number of causalities in the round. I managed to save my spec, most of the squad and the SG for the later part of the round up to the SD hold out.

My strategy for FOB duty is much different than that of the average joe that takes up to the FOB. In my way of handling the FOB, engineers are the ones who are to build the cades, while me an the squad engage whatever lurking xenos are in the perimeter, the same xenos that would otherwise harass the engineers while they're building and try to pick off marines in the vicinity if we do not engage them first in an organized manner as a squad.

So my attack to clear out the nests at engineering and t-comms buildings were done purposely to buy time for the engineers at LZ, nexus and hydro to not be harassed by this entire gang of T2s pouring in through tunnels. As when you clear out their weeds and structures they cannot use that area to stage attacks from it.

And it did work out. Nexus was not harassed, therefore giving the engineers at the FOB the chance to pursue their building without problem. This resulted in our ability to hold out nexus and the LZ even after hydro fell, allowing for a decent evac procedure.

And of course once the cades were built up in nexus, I positioned my squad at the nexus FOB defenses and we held off multiple attacks from incoming xenos and even called an OB on south nexus. Remaining in the FOB area as instructed by command.

So again, all my efforts as the Alpha SL were put towards ensuring safety and buying time for the FOB constructions from a force of more than 5 T2 including lurkers, spitters and even a carrier. As soon as the defenses were set up I and the rest of the squad moved into defensive positions as per our standing orders.

Therefore I did not commit any insubordination, no insubordination charge was brought up, and I coordinated and cooperated with command all along.

So to summarize, in a way that you can understand, beacuse I suppose you're having a hard time:

-As an SL, it is not my duty to be a pseudo engineer. This is not mentioned anywhere in the Wiki or any guides or what not.
    -I made a call for all available engineers and volunteers from my squad to remain at the LZ/Nexus and assist in building. The engineers that woke up late, assisted in construction at the nexus.
    -My personal assistance was not needed as there was two engineers from bravo, one from charlie and another one from delta that joined up later.
    -Had I taken up to building cades, the Alpha marines, spec, SG would have scattered and died by being picked off by the said gang of spitters due to lack of leadership.
    -The clean up effort I led into south nexus and engineering area was to simply hold off a gang of 5+ lurkers/runner/spitters and a carrier to attack our undefended FOB and the engineers building it or even cut off our main force at the hydro road. This was done as an effort to clear out their staging area so that the FOB would remain safe and their attacks eliminated.
    -As soon as defenses were set up in nexus we pulled back to our defenses after having bought enough time as per standing orders.
    -I led the defense excellently, called in fire missions on the attacking aliens and minimized the causalities of my squad all the way to the end of the operation at the SD.
    -I coordinated and cooperated with command. No insubordination charge was brought up. I worked with the captain directly over comms on defending the FOB.
    -All actions taken fall under the operational freedom of a Squad Leader and the FOB duty was not neglected at all.

Here is a sketch of what we did, so that you can better understand it if you havn't by now:

Therefore I did not waste the SL role -at all-. In fact I made the most of it as far as competent leadership can go, more than any command could ask for. Nothing of which I did is Job ban worthy in any way. I did my job as SL quite well and with dedication.

Therefore I refute this report as unbased on any concrete wrong actions on my part and it is just based on your limited perception and expectations of what a squad leader should be doing according to yourself, ignoring the possibility of others' approach to the role. If you believe this is something that deserves a job ban, I am unsure as to what kind of logic or line of thought you are using, but I would have zero confidence on it, especially coming from a supposed staff member.

The actions I took only brought net positives for the marine side and influenced the round progression positively for marines. It did not harm gameplay, roleplay nor round progression or any player's experience during the round.

So again, I do not see why this report is standing here against me. Can you please elaborate further on that?

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs will be up in 24 hours

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs:

Arbs issuing orders to squad on Alamo
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Arbs landing at LZ and moving into Nexus
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Arbs attacking xenos in Engineering,then fighting xenos at comms
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Arbs ordering Alpha to guard Nexus after xeno attack
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Arbs moving squad out of Nexus to OB Engineering
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Rest of the round was spent defending Nexus until evac

Banned
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ben11567

Can you also post the Briefing orders as well as the orders the CO and XO and I believe SO all gave?

The Helllbanian CO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever logs you make poor ben log dive for are still going to take you back to what I posted because I know what I did. Unless you're desperate enough to think there will be something to go nit-picking on. But it's alright as long as it makes you feel better and for the sake of correctness.

One thing's for sure though whatever you may say, I didn't let command down, didn't waste the role and my squad had a blast of a round.

But since we're at it, and talking about roleplay standards, please also pull the logs for what compy's character provided to the round or the roleplay environment during this round. I'm sure its some high-quality stuff.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for late response been busy:

Captain asking Arbs to pull back to FOB from Engineering

Spoiler Spoiler:

Captain later on ordering Alpha to push into Engineering
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Arbs being given orders to stay at FOB before captain ordered Engineering attack

Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by ben11567; 09-10-2020 at 06:02 PM.