Date of Incident
    September 5, 2020

Your Character Name?
    Austin 'Docs' Roe

Accused Byond Key(if known):
    N/A

Accused Character Name
    Brett McMatherson

Approximate time and date of the incident (Central US Time for fastest results)
    3:00am PST (roughly)

What rule(s) were broken:
    3, 4. 15

Description of the incident:
    To preface: Sorokyne Strata is known for being a terrible map if you don't have enough metal or plasteel to build an effective FOB.

When I finished dumping Bravo Prep, I hailed the XO on comms to ask if I could disassemble chairs, XO didn't respond so I hailed the CE. Then I realized the CE wasn't awake, later during briefing I saw the XO and asked if I could. XO said I could. I then went about disassembling chairs, but then the MP, Brett, asked if I got permission. I said take it up with the XO, they gave me permission. Long story short, after a back and forth, the MP comes back and arrests me.

I tried to explain that a CE wasn't awake, and I defaulted to the XO, but he didn't end up listening. Keep in mind I was carrying around 100 Metal on me, which was important for the FOB, and like I said before, Sorokyne is a difficult map if you don't get a FOB up on time.

Long Story Short: CMP told the MP I didn't commit a crime, MP reaffirmed his point, XO told the MP to release me, MP refused. The MP later went SSD while watching my cell, and I went down planetside to salvage what I could of the operation.

Evidence (screenshots, logs, etc):
    The XO: Jane Montgomery

The CMP: Carter 'Sniper" Stewart

Other than that, I didn't take any screenshots.

How you would punish the accused:
    Honestly, I wouldn't want too much of a ban from them. I'm not one to often make reports, and I don't like punishing other players. I'd give them a note or a small ban.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was MP Brett McMatherson.

During round start, Bravo SL started asking for permission to deconstruct briefing chairs from XO and CE. I indeed arrested Bravo SL for Minor DtGP after I spent some time on asking XO if he gave permission to SL, and then if aCE was assigned to authorise modification (CE went to cryo, however, he was present on Crew Manifest. According to SOP, both, commander and CE have to authorise modifications, if CE is not awake, aCE should be assigned). Since CE or aCE did not give permission to deconstruct briefing chairs, I classified it as Minor DtGP and asked Bravo SL to rebuild chairs, he claimed that he gave metal, he got from deconstructing chairs, to his engineers (He, however, had around 67 metal in his backpack and some additional metal in his hands), so I proceeded to arrest Bravo SL for Minor DtGP and charge him with it in JAS.

As far as I know, appeal was not requested nor conducted, during Bravo SL's brig time I went SSD, because my screen froze and I had to reconnect. I awoke at the moment, when CMP said, that XO ordered us to release marines, to which I replied, that XO is not allowed to pardon anyone. Later I went SSD due to same reason again and I could not reconnect.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Rals! I totally understand where you're coming from and your viewpoint, but I honestly think if you're an MP you're suppose to help with the flow of the round. At the moment then and there, I went through 3 different people to ask if I could disassemble chairs. And in the end the XO said I could. To my knowledge, if no aCE or CE is present, you'd assume the CE's responsibilities would default to the XO, like how the XO has to load the OB if no MT or CE is present, or how the XO has to handle REQ if not CT or RO is awake. I did ask the XO to appeal my sentence when you were processing me by the way, I think I said something along the lines of "Hey, XO could you give me a pardon or clear things up? I'm being arrested".

I'm not upset about being arrested, I'm more upset over the fact that I went through so many lengths to not be arrested, only to be arrested in the end. There was so many other ways you could've handled my case, instead of arresting me. I could've given you the rest of the metal I had on me, so that a future CE or MT could reassemble the chairs. Instead of arresting me, you could've instead faxed HC about the XO not understanding marine law, and allowing things she's not suppose to. You could've given me an NJP, and asked me to write a letter on why I shouldn't disassemble chairs without proper permission. You could've just given me a stern warning and called up my Engis and tell them to return the metal.

There are so many ways you could've handled this situation, yet in the end, you decided to arrest me. You didn't do anyone a favor that round, you didn't uphold marine law or become an arbiter of justice that round. You instead took it upon yourself to take out the little fish.

In the end, I want to move past this, I was angry when I posted this, and that's why I'm requesting that this thread be closed and settled. I don't want to cause drama, or argue over marine law. I just want you to understand what I went through that round, and how you might've ruined it for me.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Report Withdrawn.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer