User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we look into stuns?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we look into stuns?

Xenos mad? fuck it i'm mad. Im ANNOYED how constantly I gotta deal with nothing but explosions, and shotguns. Worst thing about this, is that I loved shotguns. They have been my go to since I started playing CM. Now im no longer a marine main anymore and the receiving end of the shotguns have really been nothing but a cheap death. Stuns, personally I do not want them in the game at all since it's pretty clear that it's something marines take advantage of in order to claim a kill. But I understand why it's something of a must in the game. I would ask the devs what is their stand on stuns. It's clear it is more biased towards xenos than it is marines. Worst Marines get from stuns is deaf (that is pretty useless effect on them lets be honest) and maybe a short vulnerability to taking damage in this state.

Xenos? you get hit by any of the primary sources of stuns; Shotguns, explosions, see the problem with stuns from my perspective. You keep getting hit with all these effects constantly. You could get up but only for a split second before you're back in the stunned state again and again. This is my problem with marine equipment. They can abuse the stuns in ss13 because marines know there is no state of having a chance to get away. If I could offer any advice to improve the xenos to be seen as a threat (gameplaywise) I would say to give one of the pheremones maybe ward to reduce the duration of the stuns or give all castes a base resilience to stun effects that goes up over time to a cap so marines wouldn't rely on such cheese.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol salt harder

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyLee View Post
    lol salt harder
    I sense bait

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a very easy solution that requires 0 input from staff... Play unstunnable caste. Hivelord, Carrier, Strained Warrior, All T3s and Queen.

And again, obviously self-proclaimed benomain says "shotguns!" when it means "buckshot". Learn the difference, slugs and flechette doesn't need more nerfs, not atleast before their bugs get fixed and that will never be the case.

My idea of solutions? Get rid of stuns, introduce slowdown. The more beno gets hit, the slower it becomes. Perfection, buckshot meta ended. People start using Pulse Rifle to slow down benos, then they might buckshot it once, or twice to end the beno, but it still has MOBA abilities to save itself.
    Last edited by CABAL; 09-07-2020 at 09:16 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get out of shotgun stuns just use ur ability mane

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only like runners, lurkers, defenders, burrowers and unstrained warriors get merked by shotguns. Everyone else can't be stunned or can just stay out of range.
    To decrease salt play as castes that are not these.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or just be a marine and PB other marines with buckshot to teach them the pain they are dealing to xenos.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    There is a very easy solution that requires 0 input from staff... Play unstunnable caste. Hivelord, Carrier, Strained Warrior, All T3s and Queen.

And again, obviously self-proclaimed benomain says "shotguns!" when it means "buckshot". Learn the difference, slugs and flechette doesn't need more nerfs, not atleast before their bugs get fixed and that will never be the case.

My idea of solutions? Get rid of stuns, introduce slowdown. The more beno gets hit, the slower it becomes. Perfection, buckshot meta ended. People start using Pulse Rifle to slow down benos, then they might buckshot it once, or twice to end the beno, but it still has MOBA abilities to save itself.
    Once again marines who doesn't play enough as xenos fail to see even if it was Buckshot as the main culprit. Shotguns would still be used for the main fact that it can cause stuns. Dual shotguns are used for that exact purpose to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    Only like runners, lurkers, defenders, burrowers and unstrained warriors get merked by shotguns. Everyone else can't be stunned or can just stay out of range.
    To decrease salt play as castes that are not these.
    They are still not safe from an asston of explosives that can be SPAMMED in order to keep xenos in stun mode. So we're back to square one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by derpymcderpderp View Post
    You can get out of shotgun stuns just use ur ability mane
    You're on the ground still so you cannot use your ability. Even then you're still not safe from stuns from your abilities unless you're a T3 even then unless your queen or crusher you're gonna get stuck in explosive limbo