Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we look into stuns?

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPhilipIII View Post
    Yea, and you can also buy several grenades from your prep vendors, squad prep will have plenty, req will have multiple grenade boxes at round start and ASRS will spit that shit out like candy if you give it enough time.
    Never gonna be more than the infinite amount of times that sents can spit. Also who passes up a minimed for nades lmao, and what ro buys hedp over mats or spec ammo.

Idk if req gets more nadebox on highpop but when I play they get one nadebox only.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    Never gonna be more than the infinite amount of times that sents can spit. Also who passes up a minimed for nades lmao, and what ro buys hedp over mats or spec ammo.

Idk if req gets more nadebox on highpop but when I play they get one nadebox only.
    Yea sentinels can spit an infinite amount of times, but they need to hit you multiple times to actually stun you and in a relatively short period of time to achieve anything tangible, assuming you aren't surrounded by allies who can shake you up/ keep you safe.

Meanwhile if you successfully stun an alien with a grenade, if you have more grenades it's basically dead because aside from the crusher, aliens can't move in to rescue them or they'll be stunned and killed as well. Even if you don't have more grenades if your allies aren't brainlets everyone starts pouring gunfire on the downed alien because aside from stun resistant castes the stun timer is absurd.

And I'll admit it's been a while since I played Req, I'm not sure what their current roundstart equipment looks like. I have seen them purchase grenades plenty of times however, even HEFA, hallowed be thy name.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snipped C.R.I.N.G.E.
    Nades harm marines more than they do benos. For each successfull explosion that stuns a beno and then leads to its death, there is atleast 2 nades that exploded near multiple marines, leading to their death.

The more nades there is, the worse marines fight. Only robustos have enough skill to throw them without causing much FF, only they can somehow cook them and such. Remove nades from everyone but nade spec and it will create unbalance, where they will win way more.

I have seen countless times where one nade was enough to fuck up pretty good cade hold. Was there a time that neuro ever killed a friendly beno? This comparsion is obviously super crrrringe and silly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    Nades harm marines more than they do benos. For each successfull explosion that stuns a beno and then leads to its death, there is atleast 2 nades that exploded near multiple marines, leading to their death.

The more nades there is, the worse marines fight. Only robustos have enough skill to throw them without causing much FF, only they can somehow cook them and such. Remove nades from everyone but nade spec and it will create unbalance, where they will win way more.

I have seen countless times where one nade was enough to fuck up pretty good cade hold. Was there a time that neuro ever killed a friendly beno? This comparsion is obviously super crrrringe and silly.
    Yea, sure it'll blow them up, and sometimes that'll decimate a marine hold, but more often than not the marines who are downed by the grenades are recovered, healed and back in the fight within a few minutes because marines are pm immortal now as long as a medic gets ahold of them.

Ask anyone on the server and most will say 'Oh five dead marines to kill a T1? We only got half the bodies back too? Yea that was a good trade.' but that's an entirely different issue in itself.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what if they could make explosions directional so they dont go through stuff. Sentinel gets hit by grenade and is getting chain stunned so big bad crusher stands between him and the next grenade and blocks the blast. Would completely change the way the game plays and add some actual skill.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, and you can also buy several grenades from your prep vendors, squad prep will have plenty, req will have multiple grenade boxes at round start and ASRS will spit that shit out like candy if you give it enough time.
    squad req has at most 4 M15s and like 2 HIDPs, most ROs have a policy of not giving out more than 3 nades and the M40 frontline grenadier kit comes with 3 HEDPs and 3 HIDPs, HEDP boxes cost 10k and are given out pretty much exclusively to the GL spec. I shouldn't have to tell you that all marines who take nades use them nor use them effectively. Sent literally has unlimited neuro.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyLee View Post
    squad req has at most 4 M15s and like 2 HIDPs, most ROs have a policy of not giving out more than 3 nades and the M40 frontline grenadier kit comes with 3 HEDPs and 3 HIDPs, HEDP boxes cost 10k and are given out pretty much exclusively to the GL spec. I shouldn't have to tell you that all marines who take nades use them nor use them effectively. Sent literally has unlimited neuro.
    Zimbabwe has infinite dollars too, doesn’t mean it worth shit ethier. Neuro sucks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post

Sorry to break it to you but the robusts marines are the ones that relys on cheesing mechanis its been that way since the beginning of time. Marines do however know they won't be stuck in a chain stun lock with a risk of dying permanently against xenos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by derpymcderpderp View Post
    Didn't mention explosives on purpose and if you can't get out of shotgun stuns it's your own fault
    Your own fault
    >Shotguns in close range with other meta buddies ready to keep you on the ground

There ain't much you can do currently to run away from buckshot without risk of being critted already or one shot away from it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by recounted View Post
    Your own fault
    >Shotguns in close range with other meta buddies ready to keep you on the ground

There ain't much you can do currently to run away from buckshot without risk of being critted already or one shot away from it.
    If you're unable to 1vx people it's perhaps your own fault