check the reply again I edited it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by recounted View Post
    check the reply again I edited it.
    The only T2s and T1s that can't consistently 1v1 are the ones that aren't combat castes and Runner (unless you're pretty good)

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by recounted View Post
    snip
    Oh yeah, splintined broken bones have no drawbacks, right? They don't still cause pain, they don't slow you down, they don't randomly break when hit for 1 point of damage?
    If its chest/head/groin that is splinted and you get FFed/acided/slashed once/naded/anything, then you have to spend 10 seconds to splint yourself, or run and die out of the organ damage and its easy to not notice when your splints comes off, its just one line of red text, alongside shitton on red text.
    If its arm, or hand, you will drop shit and stop wielding anything.

Imagine being a benomain so much, that you forgot that marine who dies out of brute damage must have some lingering efect that won't go away for good unless he goes to the surgery.

Now imagine that nobody cares about nade FF damage, its all about the stun. Exactly as with slugs. If somebody throws a nade, it was most likely made with beno on screen, beno either avoids stun entirely, or wakes up way faster than marines. Then it slashes marines lying down and drags one offscreen. Thats what kills marines, nade stun and benos. Nades don't kill benos either, its the follow up that does that.

2. I'm not fucking talking about neuro, look at my past comments in this thread, I think that most of the benos stuns are fine, with exception to RNG on scatter spitter and thats even for benefit of benos, because now RNG might fuck them up.

So fucking what that marines say "xenos mad" when xenomains talk about buckshot? Like "xenos mad", or "marines mad" ever had any impact on devs decision. You imagine that devs look at the issue of a beno talking about buckshot, they think they should balance it, but then they notice some marines writing "xenos mad" and then they refuse to do anything?

Don't look for fucking excuses for your benomain behaviour of beating around the bush. Other side complaining has never stopped devs from nerfing/buffing anything. Look at Corpse Dragging, look at combat huggers, look at perma nest. Both marines and benos cried A LOT when the other side proposed this changes. I was here when corpse dragging was a thing, its the issue that pushed me into those stupid discussions on a game I no longer enjoy playing, even other servers. Their cries ever stopped those changes? Can benos drag revivable uninfected corpses now? Can benos immediately infect you? Can you break out of the nest on your own? If answer to those questions is "no", then you have proof that other side mocking you never had any real impact.

Stop trying to blame marines for buckshot, they are not to blame here, because they have 0 power over the server, just as benos doesn't have either. Every time marines find something very effective, its being nerfed anyway, just not buckshot. Find responsible for it, I won't point fingers, I hope that brain benomainism didn't consume all of the gray matter inside.

I don't remember seeing a gitlab, or forum thread about specifically buckshot for a long time. Its always "shotguns", or no armor marines, never buckshot. Maybe its time to stop being a benomain and make a thread only about buckshot? Maybe its time to make gitlab only about buckshot? Without classic benomain beating around the LV bush.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who is stuns and why are we looking into his past
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    T3s are essentially immune to buckshot, while the vulnerable castes have the agility and abilities to see the shotgun and stay out of PB range.

Explosions harm marines 66-75% more than Xenos. An HEDP does negligible damage to Xenos, yet nukes marines from 100 to crit. Outside of the Sadar, explosive chain-stunned Xenos are also impossible to follow up on to kill unless they're playing alone.
    Not to mention there is a very loud and cute audio visual warning on grenades priming and exploding.

At risk of sounding reductive, people talking about Marine stuns seem like they only ever play on the receiving side of getting stunned. It's the same sort of War Thunder or WoWs syndrome where people only see one faction and not the other, and deride the enemy side as unbalanced and overpowered.

The inherent tile-based nature of SS13 and Byond revolves around stun-based combat. On that end, Xenos have wider variety of consistent and constantly replenishing knockdowns, stuns, and slowdowns. Most Xeno power is also concentrated around the T3s, meaning T1s and T2s are left behind to suffer the brunt of Marine stun-based weaponry. Maybe nerf the T3s and buff the T1s-T2s, resulting in a less top-heavy oriented Xeno balancing?

I like CABAL's suggestion in implementing slowdowns instead of stuns. I can see it alleviating a ton of frustration with getting stunned once and watching a 30 second cutscene of your death. It'll also make the M39, M41, and a handful of other guns into actually viable primaries instead of something you plink with before you get out your shotgun / flamer / spec gun.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok but STUG be like: absolutely destroys everything in its tier

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunk View Post
    T3s are essentially immune to buckshot, while the vulnerable castes have the agility and abilities to see the shotgun and stay out of PB range.

Explosions harm marines 66-75% more than Xenos. An HEDP does negligible damage to Xenos, yet nukes marines from 100 to crit. Outside of the Sadar, explosive chain-stunned Xenos are also impossible to follow up on to kill unless they're playing alone.
    Not to mention there is a very loud and cute audio visual warning on grenades priming and exploding.

At risk of sounding reductive, people talking about Marine stuns seem like they only ever play on the receiving side of getting stunned. It's the same sort of War Thunder or WoWs syndrome where people only see one faction and not the other, and deride the enemy side as unbalanced and overpowered.

The inherent tile-based nature of SS13 and Byond revolves around stun-based combat. On that end, Xenos have wider variety of consistent and constantly replenishing knockdowns, stuns, and slowdowns. Most Xeno power is also concentrated around the T3s, meaning T1s and T2s are left behind to suffer the brunt of Marine stun-based weaponry. Maybe nerf the T3s and buff the T1s-T2s, resulting in a less top-heavy oriented Xeno balancing?

I like CABAL's suggestion in implementing slowdowns instead of stuns. I can see it alleviating a ton of frustration with getting stunned once and watching a 30 second cutscene of your death. It'll also make the M39, M41, and a handful of other guns into actually viable primaries instead of something you plink with before you get out your shotgun / flamer / spec gun.
    "T3s are immune to buckshot"

That deserves a prize for being naive as hell. The problem with buckshot isn't it's stun, no matter what the fuck anyone tells you. It's the absurd alpha damage. T3s might not be stunned by buckshot but unless you're a crusher and by definition a walking chunk of armor, PB buckshot will force you to retreat almost immediately unless you're only fighting that one marine, because it still chews up your health so unless a Warden is on hand to top you off or the queen is overwatching you (Or you happen to be a vanguard and have your fancy little overshield prior to initiating combat) you'll be dead in no time.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPhilipIII View Post
    "T3s are immune to buckshot"

That deserves a prize for being naive as hell. The problem with buckshot isn't it's stun, no matter what the fuck anyone tells you. It's the absurd alpha damage. T3s might not be stunned by buckshot but unless you're a crusher and by definition a walking chunk of armor, PB buckshot will force you to retreat almost immediately unless you're only fighting that one marine, because it still chews up your health so unless a Warden is on hand to top you off or the queen is overwatching you (Or you happen to be a vanguard and have your fancy little overshield prior to initiating combat) you'll be dead in no time.
    Lol it had its AP removed from PB. When was the last time you played lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think stuns are fine-ish as they are, but defender gets dabbed on hard by them, but again, they barely take damage using their defences