Byond ID?
    6DIRTY

CM Character?
    Gael McGuinness

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT -6

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    No

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    TGCM - briefly

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No - Actually, I was / am a medbay mentor for TGCM

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    Not that I'm aware of

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    Do an investigation into the incident – if it was an accident or misclick, leave it as IC and let the MPs continue to handle the situation. If it shows to be more than an accident – warn the player of his / her actions and remind them of Rule No. 4 and add a note

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Since this would involve the whitelist counsel, suggest that they fill out a player report on the forums so that those on the counsel can make the proper judgement

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    If I’m not in the round as a SEA, let an in game SEA know that there’s a marine that needs help and where to find them. If there’s no SEA available, I would reach out to the confused marine via PM and ask them if they need assistance with getting started

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    Do not engage, simply tell them as is. I’ll let an admin know that there’s a player who wants to speak with them. If there’s no admins online, I’ll let the player know that they can reach out to an admin via Discord if they so choose

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    PM the player letting them know that their name is not allowed and ask that they change to a more suitable name for the next round. Then change their name to a random name for the remainder of the current round

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    From my viewpoint, this is purely IC – it should be handled by the CMP and their MPs. Doesn’t call for any moderator / admin intervention unless it turns into obvious griefing

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Hostile survivors are currently not allowed – check to see if the offending player has a history of this type of rule break. If yes, then issue a warning, note and file for possible role ban. If no, issue a warning and note. As for the marine – if they cannot be revived by planetside medics / shipside doctors, aheal them so that their round isn’t ended prematurely

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    Investigate whether the MP is new to the role or not. If yes, then have them refer to the guidelines and have them correct the issue. If no, remind them about the guidelines and issue a warning for improper escalation – theft warrants a 10 minute sentence

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    If in round as a SEA, suggest to the CO that the enemy numbers have dwindled and a full rout of the enemy would be wise. If not in round – give a head message encouraging a full on final push from the marines. Similarly, use QM directive to have the xenos “go out in a frenzy or forever shame QM” or something along the lines of

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    Ahelp and file a player report – since it involves me directly it’s best not to get involved with the judgement process

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    Inform the player that EORG only applies to friendly fire – hostile parties are still allowed to fire at each other – as per Rule No. 4

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    Check the logs and PM the offending player to stop – remind them of Rule No. 13 and add a note. If the player has a history of Rule No. 13 breaks, apply a temporary ban (if within moderator rights)

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Warn the player and remind them about Server Rules No. 4 and 14, as well as Marine Law. If first time offense, add a note – if player has a history of offenses, file for a more severe punishment

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Immediately sleep the area, warn players that the mutiny was not ahelped and remind them that a proper mutiny requires a prior ahelp, 5 mutineers and MPs present for a legitimate mutiny to occur. Issue notes to players involved and according to severity of each players actions, issue an appropriate punishment

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Inform the player who submitted the ahelp that minor racism IC is allowed, per Rule No. 3 guidelines but staff will keep an eye on the offending player to ensure that racial comments remain minor and remain IC

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    This situation counts as blatant heavy grief and will be met with a 30 day ban pending permaban

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Remind the player that frontline larvas are not allowed and ask for their side of the story. If it turns out that it was merely a case of wrong place at the wrong time, let them off with a warning and add a note for any potential future incidences. If their story doesn’t add up, add a note and warn them that any more incidences will lead to a xeno role ban

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    PM the player that “even if you’re playing as a hive-minded beast that only knows how to kill – there’s still roleplay standards for your role”. Apply a warning and a note for LRP behavior

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Explain to the player that both “metal bird” and “dropship” are both valid names for the sake of simplicity – no action taken

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Remind the accused player that neither marine command nor the marines have any knowledge of xeno presence on the planet before deployment – add a warning and a note to the accused player

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    It depends on the situation at hand – if all the other pods are full, then it would be a valid action, given proper roleplay occurred before. If the other pods had empty spaces, then I would warn and note the accused player for breaking ML and / or griefing

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Abuse of staff is not tolerated and will be disciplined accordingly – add a warning and note to the player for toxicity

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    IC issue – suggest they seek medical attention to get the larva removed. Just because you go SSD, it does not mean the other players do too. No further action is needed

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Politely disagree with the other staff member and seek clarification on the ruling from a senior staff member

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I would give my input into the situation – and reach out to a senior staff member who can make the final judgement

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I’ve played CM for some time now and I feel that it wouldn’t be such a bad idea to give a helping hand to the staff. It would be a new and fun experience giving back to the community I’ve been a part of for roughly two or so years now

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Being able to maintain rational thinking while being approachable by both players and staff members. No one wants to work with someone who acts irrationally despite being approachable, nor does anyone want to work with someone who is rational but has the personality of a brick wall

Anything else you
    I haven’t been as active as I would have liked recently due to an inconsistently high workload IRL, but that workload seems to have plateaued and I can dedicate more time to CM and it’s player base. Additionally, some people may recognize my long lost CKey ( CSolaris – no permabans or anything like that). I had forgotten the password and burner email I used after accidentally logging out of BYOND one day – so I made a new CKey ( 6DIRTY ) and have only used this once since
    Last edited by 6DIRTY; 09-13-2020 at 04:05 AM. Reason: Added recalled relevant information in blue

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hiya!

I'd just like to provide some initial feedback on the application.

I haven't personally seen too much of you, but the application's pretty good, I just have a few comments.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    Immediately sleep the area, warn players that the mutiny was not ahelped and remind them that a proper mutiny requires a prior ahelp, 5 mutineers and MPs present for a legitimate mutiny to occur. Issue notes to players involved and according to severity of each players actions, issue an appropriate punishment
    I think this is a misinterpretation, but I believe what you're referring to here is "Mutinies must be Adminhelped by a chosen leader stating the reasoning and the players directly involved. There must be at least 5 members with MPs not eligible to mutiny."

To my understanding, MP's are not required to be present in the round for a mutiny to occur. The rule is stating that MP's are not eligible to join a mutiny.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    Inform the player who submitted the ahelp that minor racism IC is allowed, per Rule No. 3 guidelines but staff will keep an eye on the offending player to ensure that racial comments remain minor and remain IC
    This was changed fairly recently, but there's no longer IC exemptions to racism.
    Quoting rule 3,
    Racism, the use of slurs and other targeting terms or phrases is strictly forbidden and will not be tolerated.

Otherwise, pretty good! Best of luck to you!
    Anna "High-Toss" Stall

I'm a manager now
    I manage moods
    B)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Somenerd View Post
    Hiya!

I'd just like to provide some initial feedback on the application.

I haven't personally seen too much of you, but the application's pretty good, I just have a few comments.

I think this is a misinterpretation, but I believe what you're referring to here is "Mutinies must be Adminhelped by a chosen leader stating the reasoning and the players directly involved. There must be at least 5 members with MPs not eligible to mutiny."

To my understanding, MP's are not required to be present in the round for a mutiny to occur. The rule is stating that MP's are not eligible to join a mutiny.

This was changed fairly recently, but there's no longer IC exemptions to racism.
    Quoting rule 3,
    Racism, the use of slurs and other targeting terms or phrases is strictly forbidden and will not be tolerated.

Otherwise, pretty good! Best of luck to you!
    Mutinies must be Adminhelped by a chosen leader stating the reasoning and the players directly involved. There must be at least 5 members with MPs not eligible to mutiny.
    Ah sorry! Yeah, it was a misunderstanding, I read that as you have to have them as a part of the mutiny itself - sorta like the law is also finding the aCO unable to perform their duties. Also, thanks! I hope to be useful to this community.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello 6dirty,

you have a out standing application with some minor problems *no need to echo what some nerd said* but that is what trial moderator is for in the terms of making sure you fully understand how to be a moderator.i like the effort you put into your application and did some research because the medic question is usually wrong in majority of applications. but over all here is your +1
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good app with some small issues that can be fixed during trial mod phase.

Its a +1 from me, good luck!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted, check your PM's shortly for more information.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer