Jimmy Talledega
    Their BYOND Key
    ugnip55
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    130-145 PM CST
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Investigate the Situation
    Description of the incident
    I was playing Marine and I needed a monkey cube from Research so I could use the monkey as a pet for a skit / gimmick I was planning to do. I went to
    Research and the researcher Pablo "Pablito" Garcia gave me a monkey cube without any further incident.

However, as I was going back down, I was chased and flashed by Compy who wanted to valid me for a joke made with the CMO, claiming he wanted to do a
    search on me. After I told him it was a joke, and I was let out, I set up the monkey. But during preparation for the round-start gimmick in the Hangar, I was arrested by
    Compy had absolutely no proof other than the Researcher lying to him about how "a marine could've taken it' and 'that no cubes were given out".

He also knew that Research was completely unscathed, no suspicious prints nor damage was anywhere in the Research Lab, and the monkey cubes weren't outright
    stolen but still arrested and brigged me for "theft". Given that, along with the failure for any other questioning or RP, I ahelped about this incident while ugnip
    told me that it was an IC issue.

But I disagree because of these series of events; the Researcher lied to the MPs about this incident and enabled them to grief me, ranging from Prevarication for 20 minutes when I didn't commit any crime at all, to getting suffocated into hardcrit by the Warden when I got dragged into the Brig, almost dying. I was told to write a staff report since a player report would be closed due to it being already handled ingame.
    Evidence
    Logs.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...b0f66e2d10.png
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...07e9410970.png

Since the burden of proof was on the MPs, when they had absolutely no proof other than a Researcher lying that "a marine COULD'VE done it"; the research lab was completely unscathed with no suspicious prints nor damage to prove me as a thief, the images here corroborate on how Compy and the other MPs enabled Prevarication, especially without questioning me in game because no damage was ever done, and it would've been impossible for me to break in through three doors via sneaking pre-launch as the Researchers were already there.
    How you would punish the accused
    I don't want any punishment for Ugnip, but I want this report to be reviewed with this information in mind, since this context was missed when an IC issue was ruled.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I talked over this with Nanu a couple days ago and I realize now that my ruling was incorrect. It crosses the line into griefing, and though the player was new, it's still not really excusable to lie about/hide information regarding the case IC just to fuck over some random marine without cause. Another staff member is free to investigate and make a ruling on their own accord.
    Joe Dafoe, PFC/hobby Huntard hunter.
    Xenomorph FOE, disgusting runner/warrior main.
    Yautja hunter Nall'kro, clanless heathen.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be depositing logs for this incident within the next 48 hours
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logs are as follows:

Jimmy obtaining the Monkey Cube from the researcher:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Optimisticdude initially getting stunned by compy and Ahelping:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Compy questioning the researcher about the monkey cube:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Optimisticdude getting choked and Ahelping, as well as Ugnip's investigation.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Last edited by Novacti; 09-17-2020 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Added logs of the researcher, Jimmy and Compy.
    Ex- Predator Council Senator, Mentor Manager, Discord Moderator and Moderator Trainer
    My wall of medals: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    Discord: Novacti#0505

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright.

Madeline 'Compy' Czech violated the search procedure at the start making it a Marine Law violation. They will be given a CMP jban as they have a prior heavy warning for violating Marine Law as CMP.
    Callisto Fiore was dealt with ingame as far as i can see.
    The researcher Pablo ''Pablito'' Garcia lied for no reason at all to the CMP later on denying they gave the monkey cube out which they had done, as stated, lying to an MP to get another person on trouble for no reason is considered griefing. They will be warned for Griefing.

Ugnip already spoke about this to me earlier but he will be spoken further to about issues such as this and how to handle it in the future correctly.
    Last edited by Nanu308; 09-19-2020 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Correct Edit of names.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer