Byond ID?
    SSGT_BR

CM Character?
    Thomas De Troia

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    UTC – 3

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    more then 3 or 9 for sure

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    Yes! I am trial admin in a Brazilian server from SS13

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Yes sir!

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    //showthrea...8445#post48445

//showthrea...5857#post55857

(Please dont see my pred WL request , it was my first time and i this request make me feel sad)

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    Yep! Brazilian server , Nova Era from SS13. Trial Admin

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    From playing? No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    Nope i dont think so.

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yep i shall give my best. And i will be communicative

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I ahelp the person to know WHY they have shot the person, if they are new I will give a warning if they did just to griefing I would contact my superior to talk about which type of punishment he deserves

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Investigate the situation.
    The Code of Honor is very extense.
    If the predator killed a marine for no reason at all, but the marine IS huntable, then i would give IC issue.
    But the variable is VERY extense.
    But in this situation, I would analyze the situation the conclude
    But i would not ban him at all, i would report in the forum to the council talk if they WL may be revoked

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would see if we have any SEA on the round.
    IF I am playing at the moment I see the person, I would help him giving him guides.

But if I was the SEA I would help him with all of my forces!

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I would say to him calm down and dont be rude. If he Continue i would give him a warning for the rule 3:
    Rule 3. Don't be a dick
    I probably would call a admin to talk with rum

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would ahelp him telling him the name is improper, and change his name.
    If you continue to have the same name i would tell to my superior to see his situation.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    I mean.. they are breaking the SOP and the marine law not the server law.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    "After discussion with the community, and our developers, we've decided to no longer permit hostile survivors until the developers can come up with a mechanic.
    Hostile survivors will only be an admin event at the moment and even then it will be obvious hostiles such as CLF/Pirates/UPP.

I have instructed the mod team not to ban people but educate for now, but please tell your friends.

Have a nice day"

In this situation I would educate the person saying the survivors ARE NOT hostile anymore due to new roles.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would ahelp the MP and oversee the situation.
    If the player was correct i probably was going to give him a heavy warning and tell him to check the marine law.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would do nothing... like come on?
    I dont have power to do so , and probably IF i was have a plan to do ANYTHING i would contact my superior

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    That would sound funny but i would ahelp to the admins about the situation.
    Because theres only MY side of the situation.
    Ahelping the person or making anything else would be unfair.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    "Exceptions are between normal enemies, such as Marines and Aliens, Marines and UPP, etc."

IC issue
    EORG rules dont works if theres hostile nearby

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would ahelp the person and ask why are you doing this.
    depending on the answer or i would give a warning or i would contact my superior to give him a griefing ban

(I dont have any knowledge for what types of ban we have)

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    Warn him for improper escalation.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    MOOC: Please cease , you cant munity without ahelping first.
    If you dont stop i will take some precautions.

But of course i need tell to my superiors first

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    I would LOOC telling to not be a dick because you are breaking the rule 3.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    In this situation i would give permanent ban for greifing.
    But OF COURSE i need contact my superior first.
    If he aproves i would give the person permament ban and aheal all the persons.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    Talk with the person asking if they are new.
    If they are , i would give him a guide to how to play being a alien.
    If they know how to play i would give him a warning

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I would ahelp him saying why you are breaking the roleplay.
    If of course he is new i would give a small warning and give him a guide.
    But if not a heavy warning.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    "Xeno hivemind is an English translation of their thoughts, so words such as “hydro” or “shuttle” are acceptable."

IC issue of course.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    Rule 2. Roleplay.
    Man we have ALOT of different kind of situation.
    If the person is roleplaying like
    "Oh... i hope we dont find aliens on the planet... its better we fight againts UPP or CLF"
    its like... a IC issue they are not breaking any rules.
    But if the person says:
    "Bro theres alien on planet you idiots"
    I would ahelp him saying to follow the roleplay

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I heard something from a moderador one day about this situation.
    You CAN do this but only for CERTAIN situation.
    Like one pod left and the only hope to survive is killing one marine to survive.
    Then i would give IC issue.
    But.... if theres like 3 or 5 pods remaining i would give him a warning.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Rule 3. Don't be a dick.
    I would give him a warning

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    The xenos really cant know if the person is SSD or not.
    The only thing they know is.
    "The person is unresponsible"
    Then i would ask to my superior to handle.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would talk with my superior telling the situation.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    Contact my superior...
    I know CONTACT is easy but COME ON.
    I cant really do anything in this situation at all.
    If i argue in the MSAY , i would lost my right to say anything at all.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Because... i will not lie.
    I ALWAYS wanted to be at least a mentor in the CM.
    But i never made a WL because i didint have enough time or i was VERY scared.
    This is my FIRST application... and i hope i get my WL...
    If not TOO bad i didint get the lifes continue and i will try another time

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Be calm and respectful.
    Dont be a dick or idiot.
    Always see the situation and be neutral.

Anything else you
    Oh yes.
    This is my first application to moderator position.
    My last warning was 48 days ago.
    I hope i got but if not ok!
    I really want to learn how to moderate.
    And help the staff pals

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello guidesu,

i looked over your application it looks good over all, i like your attitude throughout it and professionalism in some of the questions. but i would like to point out some minor errors that will be corrected in your trial mod phase when and if you are accepted. For starters on some of the questions you stated you would report to your superior for instance the John Doe question if he refuses the warning and you see a note on him prior it is your decision to give him another warning or upgrade to bans that go from a 3 hour, 1 day, and ect depending on how he responds and ect. additionally you stated in a few times your report to your superiors first the majority of the time you do not report to anyone unless it is a Event round otherwise there should be little to no reason to talk to Admin + in a round. additionally, another concern is as moderator you are required to at least put 7 hours a week and 1 Ahelp per hour your on. overall you have potential and i have faith of you passing a training as a Trial moderator which will be a teaching phase of what you should expect. with all that being stated here is your +1 hope to see you soon!
    Retired CSM Jonathon 'Ghost' Granger

Discord Jonathongun#0219

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah about the hours , sorry about that , I saw hours per DAY not week.
    I surely can but more then 20 hours per week!
    much more
    And look THANKS!
    I understand , some minor problems like EORG and minor bans like one day a few hours I can surely do!
    And I cant forgot about the notes note.
    But if i got accepted , probably i will be to scared to ban or give a note to a person... because IF i was wrong? And if my superior says "You forgot this rule!"
    Then in my mind i ALWAYS need talk with someone before i applying a ban or a note.
    And like anything focused on the event I NEED talk with admin + moderators.Because maybe some rules dont apply on that round...

Thanks for the viewing mate!
    I hope i got accepted because i WANT SO hard be a trial-moderator and help ya!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And my most problematic fear is my english...
    In overall my English is good in the application?
    I REALLY need to know this because I need to improve my english.

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no point repeating what James has already said, trial mod is there for you to learn. I've never seen you in trouble and the few interactions I've had with you in game have been good. Your English looks fine to me and I would be happy to see you on the mod team +1!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apologies for letting this sit for so long but its been debated a bit.

You recently got a forum infraction for toxic behaviour in a player report which is why i am denying it.

If you wish to speak about it in further detail you may DM me on Discord.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer