User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Problem with Mutators and Weapon "Rebalancing" and regarding updates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Problem with Mutators and Weapon "Rebalancing" and regarding updates.

Just a short rant about the new updates since i saw it in a new light.
    I always thought that the weapon "rebalancing" update was going to help marines.
    But if you look in another angle it does fuck them up badly and benefits xenos more.

FF is more harsher than the usual. When you shoot a marine they are guaranteed to have some fractures ,Internal Bleeding and shrapnel.
    Though as a xeno you can counter this with stat mutators.

Lots of people were complaining about the new update. Boilers have wider gas which makes FOB defenses obsolete unless you have robust engineers that are supplied. Sometimes you cant even defend since boilers fire subsequently.

Now the recent update which makes lurkers or xenos heal off weeds is quite absurd since it kills off the use of a drone.
    Sure it heals at a slow pace(as i heard).
    But the fact is IT STILL FUCKING HEALS.
    Most lurkers will try to infiltrate the almayer and kill off the support crew which most are unrobust.
    It becomes hell when the lurker is really good.

Im not even stopping now. Want the crusher charge up time? Just take flaw tackle. Then take the keystone. You wont lose anything at all.
    I mean who the hell uses tackle as a crusher? I mean who evens tackle as a xeno?
    Hell even queens take flaw tackle "EVERY FUCKING TIME" Because its useless or not used that much.

So as conclusion for this? Remove mutators. Remove marine buffs. Then no one will complain about the updates.
    Most people just ask for QoL updates really.
    The Gym. Medbay cryo cells moved near ORs. And a lot more.
    I wish devs focus on small that makes things efficient and things that make RP and not to focus on big ones that takes most months to be implemented.
    Last edited by Sakuyoi; 01-27-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't remove features.

So this is redundant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it funny you'd make a salt post regarding one round where the Lurker annihilated the entire almayer crew because of marine mistakes:

- the LZ had no defenses,
    - the LZ had no FOB guards,
    - the POs did not lock the dropship doors,
    - the MPs were new to the game and didn't even have a gun,
    - most people travelled in packs of one,
    - the only person who even hit the lurker once was the CO.

The lurker also healed on weeds since there was a shipside drone.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will always be a constant battle between buffs and nerfs for benos and marines. Instead we should have other gamemodes that don't have benos and don't require staff intervention. Why we can't have a vote for map and opposing force?
    In case of fair alternative it would be great and I wouldn't mind being a punching bag for beno "killerboner". Make zombie and HvH mode so they can run themselfs and give us vote, or force that kind of a round every 3-4 rounds. Everyone will be happy. I don't have even will and strenght to complain about benos in situation where my side is like ants against antlions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tank was removed from the base game after a few months, sure it's back in for DEFCON but with level 1 being so hard to reach we're unlikely to see it any time soon.

I think the best people who don't like mutators can hope for is re balance/nerfs to them, which I've seen many good cases for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not only salting because of that round. Its just one example. Even if the lurker didnt have a drone in the ship it would've still did damage to the crew because it had passive healing. Being not able to heal after an attack is one counter to lurkers. Combine that with almayer crew staff that is sometimes mostly alone in their departments and they would stand no chance.

Also im talking about the whole update here. Even robust marines were complaining about how one FF can ruin your round. HvH rounds even go fast because of the new updates which makes who shoots first able to win the fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    like a lot of things, they still gotta iron things out. Like that time when carriers had homing missile huggers for awhile due to a balance oversight, or back in the day when CRUSHERS were the most broken alien marines had to deal with due to a number of issues, or even the infamous marine speed-reduction that took days to find a sweet spot after marines whined endlessly about going too slow.

This a a fan-made game, without a big budget, so things take time to tweak just right. That, and I think the devs sometimes expect too much out of people and don't realize how incompetent we really are in general (seriously, a lot of updates were made with the idea that marines would behave in ways that are proven to be impossible with our current community).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The point still stands that the game is much less fun to play when you're more likely than not to die or be on your way to medbay from just a few slashes from non-ravager castes or a few stray bullets.

Mutators have so far been an absolute trainwreck that needs urgent fixing along with appropriate changes to weapons again.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mutators are just insane, and it's at a point where its almost equal to the time where Warriors and Defenders were first rolled out.

they need to do some more rebalancing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a lot of fun on the Almayer today as Lurker 420, but like Matt said the new mutator didn't really factor into how I performed up there.

That being said though it is an incredible buff for any xeno to take.