User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Problem with Mutators and Weapon "Rebalancing" and regarding updates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it really is a shame that devs just flat out refuse to roll back changes no matter how good of an idea it would be

i don't think they need numerous months worth of data to discover problems with these updates, so i fail to see the reason why mutators and weapon rebalance are still even merged at this point when it hasn't addressed any problem with the game or added anything fun or entertaining. flat stat buffs don't make anything more fun to play with

even though the balance kind of sucks now, I will say though that the game balance is still definitely way better than it was a LONG time ago though. QF EB AP meta, pre-tackle nerf, pre-PB buckshot nerf, pre-xeno stat shakeup- that shit was BAD. i've still got hopes for the dev team since they really are out here making an effort to connect with the community and are actively listening to feedback whereas in the past developers just refused to listen because they just didn't give a shit.

keep it up lads, i may not like some of the shit being done but i appreciate the quick responses and fast development
    Last edited by Kineem; 01-27-2019 at 06:31 PM.
    Chance Warden

Duke the Synthetic, Karr'Thesh the Yautja
    ex-synth councilman and retired moderator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobatnight View Post
    I had a lot of fun on the Almayer today as Lurker 420, but like Matt said the new mutator didn't really factor into how I performed up there.

That being said though it is an incredible buff for any xeno to take.
    Yeah you were good. But i think you would've done the same damage even if you didn't have a drone. Hell the people you killed weren't even robust the MPs were bad. Even me the RO. This is the problem with shipside players. They are not robust.
    You got lucky that you had a drone in your side that round.

One of the major factors of why lurkers dont go to almayer is that they dont have healing. If they put a keystone that makes them heal off weeds then you kill that weakness.

Just this last round 2-3 Lurkers tried getting in the DS, one got in almayer. If thats happening frequently in consecutive rounds you do know theres a problem.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "I wish devs focus on small that makes things efficient and things that make RP and not to focus on big ones that takes most months to be implemented. " This is how you get a stale codebase nobody likes.

That being said, the balance was somewhat fine winrate wise before this new update. The problem is the powercreep both sides are getting. It's just an all around snowball effect that leads to stomps on either side. Once the ball gets going, there's no stopping it.

I would like to see nerfs given to both sides, straight up nerfs.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that Neth has said that the off-weeds mutators working on Almayer was an oversight, so expect it to get removed or reworked very soon.

Whitelisted Captain FGRSentinel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part of the issue with that round is that most shipside roles don't get to have weapons on green. You kill all the CIC staff and RO, you've got most of the people that should normally have a gun outside of Marines that haven't deployed yet.
    Retired CO Councilor (Winter 2019-Spring 2020, Winter 2020-Spring 2021)

Goddard Pearsall, the Pilot that (almost) always has Souto

Unofficial source of help for new/inexperienced POs. Message me here or on Discord if you'd like advise on anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expanded boiler gas is still cancer. I'm saying this as a xeno main. It's absolutely ruined sieges and made rounds way too short.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ship side crew deserves it for all the times command has let me burst while waiting 10 minutes for the fucking Alamo. Get your POs in order command or get rekt. Fuck you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kineem View Post
    -snip
    Come on QF EB was great times. At least marines had real firepower and that was just 4 guys at most. Right now it takes 8+ regular bullet to crit a t2 or defender. Hurr durr.

Whitelisted Captain/Retired WL Maintainer Snooper44's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really not hard to stun-lock as an elder lurker on the Almayer after stalking sole targets with vents. The only difference with the recent update now is that lurkers can heal on the Almayer. I've gotten up to the Almayer a number of times as a lurker but I always had to be wary as literally even a few pistol shots meant a major hit to my health, I only had one life. The more health I lost, the quicker I would die and there was no chance for me to retreat and heal since at the time that was impossible to heal on the Almayer so I had to be smart about who I targeted and when I struck.

Now is different like it was for lurker 420, you can literally go on a rampage with no worries about losing health. Literally can camp around a corner, destroy a marine/shipside personal then run away and get into a vent because speed mutators give lurkers insane movement to the point where even a marine without armor can't catch up. From there, the lurker sits down and heals until he's full health again and then he can just continue. Personally, I think it's utterly insane and should be balanced, queen healing on the almayer was removed for the purpose of stopping solo elder lurkers from having such an insane advantage if they get up on the vessel, with this update they essentially added it back.

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also so much of "You don't enjoy fighting benos and LRP? Go shipside role!", because you would be just decimated by any elder beno that can hide in vents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kineem View Post
    it really is a shame that devs just flat out refuse to roll back changes no matter how good of an idea it would be

i don't think they need numerous months worth of data to discover problems with these updates, so i fail to see the reason why mutators and weapon rebalance are still even merged at this point when it hasn't addressed any problem with the game or added anything fun or entertaining. flat stat buffs don't make anything more fun to play with

even though the balance kind of sucks now, I will say though that the game balance is still definitely way better than it was a LONG time ago though. QF EB AP meta, pre-tackle nerf, pre-PB buckshot nerf, pre-xeno stat shakeup- that shit was BAD. i've still got hopes for the dev team since they really are out here making an effort to connect with the community and are actively listening to feedback whereas in the past developers just refused to listen because they just didn't give a shit.

keep it up lads, i may not like some of the shit being done but i appreciate the quick responses and fast development
    this ^