User Tag List

Thread: Four Queen strains for your consideration

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Four Queen strains for your consideration

The queen of alpha have has been systematically abosrbing the memories and knowledge of captured humans, and intel shows she may have adapted her fighting style, as well as hive functions, to fit one of four historical leader archetypes: the khan, the tsar, the ceasar, and the pharoh. Each of these variants has an altered form of screech, an ability added to their core moveset, some statistical variation, and some unknown changes to hive weed physiology that acts in an unexpected way. (I think some utility or combat ability to be added to base queen that gets replaced with the "new" ability of each strain to make these sidegrades, if these get considered.)

Ceasar (Ranged)
    (Screech) Subjugate: Give a Simple Command to every marine adjacient, Leadership skill reduces duration .
    (Ability) Acid Ballista: 3x1 acid glob attack, neuro or acid, can charge for accuracy.
    (Stats)Trade armor and health for Plasma cap/regen.
    Hive weeds give all xenos weak corrosive acid and weak resin wall building for a few minutes after resting on them.

The Ceasar is the title given to a ruler of the holy roman empire, often bastardized to kaisar by non romans, and typically thought of as an expert in siege weaponry, and the enslavement of defeated enemies.

Khan (Ambush)
    (Screech) Inspire: Give all nearby xenos buffed pheromones, revives crit xenos plus health.
    (Ability) Meatshield: Aggressive grab humanoid, blocks bullets and melee, slowed attack speed
    (Stats) Trade Plasma capacity/regen for speed and resin shaping speed.
    Hive weeds heavily speed xenos.
    The khan is the title of a military leader passed down through generations to promising leaders of mongolian nomadic steppe tribes, among other euroasian territories, the most famous of which being genghis khan.

Pharoh (Support)
    (Screech) Direct: Pointing to a xeno and then to a target will give them large bonuses against that target, xeno visible only, 3 directs per screech.
    (Ability) Resin Architect: Rapidly creates thick resin formations, full Xray during duration.
    (Stats) Trade Speed for Plasma capacity and toggleable long vision.
    Hive weeds give a weak shield to resting xenos.
    The pharoh is a title appointed by the previous pharoh, which is an egyption leader, who are often well known for their logistic and engineering endeavors, most famous of which being the great pyramids of gyza, which was built almost entirely from slave labor.

Tsar (Front Line)
    (Screech)Terrify: Channels screech, the longer marines stay in range or vision they gain terror that causes confusion, screen shaking, and gradually increasing pain.
    (Ability) Parade March: Begins a single file charge, for each xeno behind the queen, she gains more damage resistance and more structure damage in a 3x1 area in front of the queen.
    (Stats) Trade speed and spit for armor and health.
    Hive weeds increase xeno slash damage and tackle “damage”.
    The Tsar is the name for russian royalty, the kings and queens ruling over this large swath of slavic territory; often known for having a worse bark than bite, with sometimes outdated equipment and flashy parades, but with the numbers and ferocity to beat back almost any foe that challenges them.

Let me know what you think, or if I got anything wrong, I think to make this work you'd need to add a unique ability and maybe some utiility function to hive weeds that would be a tradeoff for taking one of these strains.
    Last edited by kooarbiter; 09-11-2020 at 06:20 AM.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually forum suggestions are unbalanced shit

However this sounds quite good actually

The only ones I don't like are Pharaoh screech and ability, and maybe tsar screech
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about this.

I think the stat tradeoffs are interesting, but I'm not sure of them. Trade speed for something doesn't really work, as queen is already super slow. And for Ceaser, why would you trade plasma for faster wall building? Have faster building but can't use it? I guess it is still a net benefit. Also what do you mean by simple command? That sounds like a code nightmare, then again I don't know how to code, maybe it would be easy. The bonuses are interesting but I think they are invalidated by techwebs.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun fact, tzar is derived from ceasar. Russians started claiming Moscow to be the third rome after fall of the Eastern Roman Empire (Byzantium). Silly ruskies.
    Bert 'SOAB' Beach CARGONIA
    Henrik & Leeroy SYNTHETIC
    Rau'ta H'chak YAUTJA

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

"Honestly, how can you hire this cunt? You must be really fucked up to hire someone like him."

sexy avatar by Manezinho

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about, "President"

President (Based)
    (Screech) Executive Order: Issues an executive order to all military personnel (the queen gets to write it), as well as creates a cryo ERT, except for MPs. Failure to follow this order results in a charge of sedition, and MPs are permitted to do anything they must to secure the arrest. MPs are made aware of the order, and who received it.
    (Ability) Veto: Veto an order from command. Following the order that has been vetoed is grounds for major insubordination. MPs may do anything they need to secure the arrest.
    (Stats) Trade Queen sprite for a sprite that looks similar to George Washington (the style of clothing they wore). Increase speed to that of a human. Remove plasma, as well as the need for plasma. Cooldowns are the only thing that affect using abilities now.
    MPs can also send a request to the president, for executions. The president has a button they can hit to see all the requests, and approve or deny them.
    Weeds look like dollar bills covering the ground, with weed nodes being a tiny stock market indicator.
    The president is based. America is based.

I would honestly want to see this, it would be so funny.
    Captain: "All soldiers! Kill the queen!"
    Marines: "Sir! The president has issued us an executive order to NOT attack xenos!"
    Captain: "Wait what? The president?"
    MPs arresting marines in droves for sedition.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still hoping for a red hive queen strain.

Xenos can only evolve to drone/queen/runner/lurker/ravager, all xenos are red coloured, massively increased chance to inflict bleeding/de limb with slashes so blood and limbs are everywhere.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Saytkl77 View Post
    I'm still hoping for a red hive queen strain.

Xenos can only evolve to drone/queen/runner/lurker/ravager, all xenos are red coloured, massively increased chance to inflict bleeding/de limb with slashes so blood and limbs are everywhere.
    eh you know what, how about that.
    so all the xeno instantly become alpha hive and thus become red colored.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how bout one that isn't named after a leader?
    HiveMaster.(stun)
    Screech."loses screech ability for a ability that allows the queen to teleport over weeds for a short distance.Where ever the queen pops up out of the weeds the marine surrounding her in a 4x4 radius are thrown to the ground. (reduced to the tile after the cade by a cade)
    Ability"Weed spike "like the opresser prae a instant 2x3 AOE zone appears infront of the queen damaging any marines inside and throwing them back. does more damage then tail lash from prae
    Stats "trades health,armor and damage for ALOT of speed. meaning this queen can run in use their weed spike and retreat. OR teleport and retreat
    Medals

Spoiler Spoiler:

episode 4 chicken man strike bacc.