User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I swear the god the VP is a GREAT gun.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManoftheMountain View Post
    But the revolver makes you look like Clint Eastwood so it's objectively the better gun
    Plus it has a lot better range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VP-78 is easily replaced by the mod-88 or the revolver. But the mod-88 and revolver have AP ammo, and the revolver has stun ammo for T1 & T2. Plus, replacement ammo for both is easily available.

VP-78 is both hard to get (need to be Spec, IO, or to get a self defense kit) and the ammo is essentially impossible to replace. It is good as a backup, but not for much else. Honestly, if you can fit a shotgun, or even an m39, you’re better off with those.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosetasm View Post
    VP-78 is easily replaced by the mod-88 or the revolver. But the mod-88 and revolver have AP ammo, and the revolver has stun ammo for T1 & T2. Plus, replacement ammo for both is easily available.

VP-78 is both hard to get (need to be Spec, IO, or to get a self defense kit) and the ammo is essentially impossible to replace. It is good as a backup, but not for much else. Honestly, if you can fit a shotgun, or even an m39, you’re better off with those.
    With the addition of PO IO and VC weapon vendors, vp mags aboard the ship have become much more common. When I'm making an effort to play any of above roles I'll bag all the VP ammo in my vendor and give it to req. Also the VP is easier to store ammo for - 11 mags in holster and brown webbing compared to 3 mags in webbing for m39 (assuming we only have belt and webbing free).

Main downside now of the VP is it's statistical meh-ness
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VP bad. gimmi all the VP mags.
    #VPAstraSpecial
    Last edited by BurningMetal; 09-14-2020 at 08:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    With the addition of PO IO and VC weapon vendors, vp mags aboard the ship have become much more common. When I'm making an effort to play any of above roles I'll bag all the VP ammo in my vendor and give it to req. Also the VP is easier to store ammo for - 11 mags in holster and brown webbing compared to 3 mags in webbing for m39 (assuming we only have belt and webbing free).

Main downside now of the VP is it's statistical meh-ness
    If specs could vend the ammo as well, it’d be more of a default to just use the VP. But having to beg an IO, PO, or VC (who are, or should be busy at round start) for a bag of replacement ammo adds a level of hassle to acquiring the VC ammo that just isn’t worth it for the weapon’s mediocre performance.

I know that just making it an ultra powerful gun overall isn’t the answer, but it should have performance that places it above the other pistols at the very least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit gun, easily outclassed by m4a3, especially the custom one.

By the time VP starts firing it's second burst, m4a3 will already dump its entire mag into your enemy and switch to another one, dealing enough damage to make VP's damage per bullet obsolete.

Burst damage is king and m4a3 got it all

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosetasm View Post
    If specs could vend the ammo as well, it’d be more of a default to just use the VP. But having to beg an IO, PO, or VC (who are, or should be busy at round start) for a bag of replacement ammo adds a level of hassle to acquiring the VC ammo that just isn’t worth it for the weapon’s mediocre performance.

I know that just making it an ultra powerful gun overall isn’t the answer, but it should have performance that places it above the other pistols at the very least.
    Vend it from squad req the ammo vendor has them, and at least six of them.

And so does standard req
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang