Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A stupid Idea that's fun enough that it *just* might work

One word ...

Megafauna

Basically there would be 1-2 areas that would be un-CAS'able or OB'able with a randomly determined megafauna.

Now, here's the thing. Once you start recognizing patterns in AI movements and such, it becomes predictable ... and therefore easy to beat after a while.
    Humans are un-predictable, which is what keeps multiplayer and lots of games going.

So the mega-fauna would be a random lucky person, and they get to pick the type of mega-fauna they want to be. Much like choosing a specialty as a spec.

Here's the thing, mega-fauna are NOT supposed to be taken lightly, or simply be 1, 2, 3, or even 5-6 v 1'ed. You should take an ENTIRE squad or swarm-group with you.

There are some Universal rules for mega-fauna engagements:
    1: If you enter it's designated 'area' (probably surrounded by a 'menacing fog', which is really just a fluff/proc boundary.)
    2: If there are more than 8-10 mobs engaging the mega-fauna, the mega-fauna gets buffs. This is to prevent marines and/or xenos from going full on BRRRRRRRT mode on it.
    3: If a mob Leaves the designated area. The mega-fauna heals the total damage done to it by that mob/player. This is to prevent ... ya know ... hit-and-runs.
    4: Mega-fauna cannot be engaged until 12:30 or 12:40. This is to prevent either side from getting a head-start on the mega-fauna.

I already have several Ideas for mega-fauna that could be interesting.

In order based on Size

Mithrix: King of Nothing ... (Based on Risk of Rain 2's Final Boss)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Kraken: Omen of Doom (Do I even need to say what this is based on?)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Tarrasque: Colossal Terror (Based on the Tarrasque from Dungeons and Dragons.)
    Spoiler Spoiler:

... now obviously this would require a bunch of coding, but still.

I know it's a far-fetched idea, but I would like to hear from the community if this sort of addition would be cool / fun.

Killing these megafauna would have benefits for both sides.

Marines would get around a whole point of DEFCON, and xenos would get either a crap-load of larva or a new T4 evolution or something similar, based on the type of megafauna they killed.
    Is an Ambidexterous marine and xeno main.

GREAT ... AETHEEEEEER!!!

Whitelisted Predator: Kainde Vayuh'ta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This reminds me of league of legends

Add in map specific ones (yeti of soro, crocodile of LV) and it might be cool
    Karl Karlsson, the man who is (probably) good at everything

Maxwell the synth, the robot who wants your metal and always recycles
    11/9/20 : Synth WL, 13/9/20, Mentor

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you tie it to the already LRP CM lore? That would make it 0RP, basically a VRchat experience with randoms would have more role play.
    REDEMPTION

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    How do you tie it to the already LRP CM lore? That would make it 0RP, basically a VRchat experience with randoms would have more role play.
    If xenonids replace xenos we have zero lore

So add it then
    Karl Karlsson, the man who is (probably) good at everything

Maxwell the synth, the robot who wants your metal and always recycles
    11/9/20 : Synth WL, 13/9/20, Mentor

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CABAL View Post
    ... ok:

1: besides whitelists, predators, and SUPER 0-RP things (Like reee and crap, which even then to this DAY is typically un-punished / un-noted), when the FUCK have staff, or even the community in general ever given a single damn about RP consistently?

2: If you really want to make it RP friendly, just don't add Mithrix or change it to same local humanoid tribe that evolved to be a bigger size. Change the name of the Kraken to some sort of water-creature monster name, and re-name the abilities.

3: To be honest, there's no need to tie it to the CM Lore because ... planets have fauna ... it would make sense that out-lying colonies full of vegetation and life, left un-checked, end up looking a little like the world of Zerus from Starcraft II, which believe it or not, looks almost the exact same as LV.

So firstly, no-one hardly gives a damn about RP anymore, except when they want to on shipside, or on white-listed roles. I myself am not even an exception to this.

Secondly, there's no need to tie to lore ... there's no need. Simply say "There's wild, large fauna on the planet." ... literally no-one would bat an eye because it's just ... common sense to have that sort of thing on a planet. Take OUR planet before the rock hit the dinosaurs ... do those not count as mega-fauna? See my point?

Edit:
    All I wanted was to suggest an idea.
    I'm sorry I offended you by somehow making it appear I was out to crash the entire CM13 lore and game.
    Last edited by mizolo; 09-12-2020 at 12:17 AM.
    Is an Ambidexterous marine and xeno main.

GREAT ... AETHEEEEEER!!!

Whitelisted Predator: Kainde Vayuh'ta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems fun, especially with map-themed critters. This kinda reminds me of those giant map roaming fuckers from Spore.
    Viktor Kovalevsky - the grape marine and chef.

Igor Heisenberg - the OT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah yes ah entire marine squad pulled from the front after 12:40 (guess I still gotta afk for 20 minutes on LV) because why? Dont really see why we need another thing to worry about, besides it's CM. The focus of the Alien franchise is the xenomorph
    Bob Vancleave

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyLee View Post
    ah yes ah entire marine squad pulled from the front after 12:40 (guess I still gotta afk for 20 minutes on LV) because why? Dont really see why we need another thing to worry about, besides it's CM. The focus of the Alien franchise is the xenomorph
    True, but seeing something like that in an event would still be cool.
    Viktor Kovalevsky - the grape marine and chef.

Igor Heisenberg - the OT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mizolo View Post
    ... ok:

1: besides whitelists, predators, and SUPER 0-RP things (Like reee and crap, which even then to this DAY is typically un-punished / un-noted), when the FUCK have staff, or even the community in general ever given a single damn about RP consistently?

2: If you really want to make it RP friendly, just don't add Mithrix or change it to same local humanoid tribe that evolved to be a bigger size. Change the name of the Kraken to some sort of water-creature monster name, and re-name the abilities.

3: To be honest, there's no need to tie it to the CM Lore because ... planets have fauna ... it would make sense that out-lying colonies full of vegetation and life, left un-checked, end up looking a little like the world of Zerus from Starcraft II, which believe it or not, looks almost the exact same as LV.

So firstly, no-one hardly gives a damn about RP anymore, except when they want to on shipside, or on white-listed roles. I myself am not even an exception to this.

Secondly, there's no need to tie to lore ... there's no need. Simply say "There's wild, large fauna on the planet." ... literally no-one would bat an eye because it's just ... common sense to have that sort of thing on a planet. Take OUR planet before the rock hit the dinosaurs ... do those not count as mega-fauna? See my point?

Edit:
    All I wanted was to suggest an idea.
    I'm sorry I offended you by somehow making it appear I was out to crash the entire CM13 lore and game.
    don't feed the troll, cabal just likes to stir shit all the time, it's usually best to ignore him

I want off this sad ride, mister grim.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kooarbiter View Post
    don't feed the troll, cabal just likes to stir shit all the time, it's usually best to ignore him
    On what fucking evidence you are basing that straight up lie?

I guess in a world and eye of the Council of Beetroot where Laser guns and Transhumanism are considered unreasonable (LRP) some MMO / Lavaland bosses are just fine concept that will surerly be added. I'm just a bad troll that tries to troll people and fails each time, in reality it all works on reverse-pshychology and the whole world circles around me, whatever I say, the opposite comes to be true.
    REDEMPTION