Personal InformationByond ID?
    Thespy24574

Marine Name
    Andy Marcotte

Other Whitelist Applications
    No other whitelists

Character InformationName of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Sliver

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Sympathetic to humans and their mortality. And he is quite curious about mortality and the mechanics of how life began.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    Being a Synth would be awesome and I think me being a synth would be a fresh bit of air for me, and with my personality being sympathetic to humans and questioning "What is mortality" is a pretty odd and unique in a way to do a synth.

Synthetic Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

This is roughly 700 Words and yeah, took about 10 minutes to make and it was pretty fun to create.

ExperienceHow familiar are you with Engineering?
    Not quite familiar as I should be. I have played a quite a bit of Squad Engineer so I know how set up FOBs and what not.

How familiar are you with Command?
    Not TOO familiar, I'd like to advise not command. Have not chosen to be a SL or in any sort of commanding position as of writing this solely due to my map knowledge being unreliable. But I have two monitors so it can be mitigated somewhat.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    Quite familiar with medical stuff. I can do surgery with a marine with broken bones, and infections. Being I have been a Squad Medic and Doctor quite a bit I think I know what to do in certain situations, Such as a 400+ burn or brute person or if someone ingested or injected poison.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Didn't like it that much. Havent played too much Req, but still wont be opposed to doing Req. Even though req get boring at times I think I can still do it even with as much experience I currently have. It isnt too much of a stressful job when not too many people are requesting items or things.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    When my self preservation is enacted and I am fighting against several aliens, attempting to ward them from a fallen marine which I am dragging to a Near by FOB.

ConfirmationsAre you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other InformationDo you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    I would like to include that I have made this app several times, and have submitted it several times just so it wouldn't appear.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biggest issue: not knowing half of the Support Departments sufficiently (Command and Cargo) or atleast showing an immense lack of interest in them, not good at all.

Story doesn't show your character's personality at all, there is a significant lack of dialogue that should be added, a common thing that allows us, the Council, to see your Synth's personality and see if you actually understand it.

Your quirk leans to the side of "too human", Synths only superficially show emotions, but they don't actually have much in the way of curiosity nor life. Try to make your Synth's personality less human, and try to put other traits beyond "sympathy".

Overall, it's not a bad effort, but there's a lot of things holding this application back that could be improved in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by optimisticdude View Post
    Biggest issue: not knowing half of the Support Departments sufficiently (Command and Cargo) or atleast showing an immense lack of interest in them, not good at all.

Story doesn't show your character's personality at all, there is a significant lack of dialogue that should be added, a common thing that allows us, the Council, to see your Synth's personality and see if you actually understand it.

Your quirk leans to the side of "too human", Synths only superficially show emotions, but they don't actually have much in the way of curiosity nor life. Try to make your Synth's personality less human, and try to put other traits beyond "sympathy".

Overall, it's not a bad effort, but there's a lot of things holding this application back that could be improved in the future.

I assume, When I get more experience in the Command and Cargo portion and I Improve the Synth's personality and quirk part I can redo the App?
    Last edited by thespy24574; 09-13-2020 at 02:01 AM.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course; there is a 30 day period between each Synth application starting from when you withdraw or get declined.

Synthetic Council Member Yukonsnow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are ways to expand your quirk. As it stands, however, it isn't enough. Like optimistic said, explore quirks that can be summarized as not just a sympathetic-intelligence and you'll have something workable and fun for yourself to play.

The lack of experience is what i am most concerned of. If you're redoing this app that gives you plenty of time to familiarize yourself with the systems. Establishing a name for yourself as someone who is competent in every required department and having vouches will help your application immensely.

-1, You already know, but with more experience, a story that demonstrates your quirk, and an expansion of said quirk will vastly improve your chances in another app. Feel free to message myself or another member of the council for any assistance you might need.
    gaming

Discord: Yukonsnow#7186

Synthetic Technician Dan, message me about any Synthetic WL questions, I'll help as best I can.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Le councillors said what must be said

Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there. Thank you for applying! You seem to have some knowledge in support roles, but there is still a way to go. Synths are supposed to be the ultimate support role, so it's pretty detrimental that you know every support role.

I have to give a comment to what Optimisticdude wrote: "Your quirk leans to the side of "too human", Synths only superficially show emotions, but they don't actually have much in the way of curiosity nor life. Try to make your Synth's personality less human, and try to put other traits beyond "sympathy"."
    You can very well have a quirk that is about curiosity. I based my application on such a quirk and got accepted. I wouldn't consider "curiosity" a human trait. It gives an incentive for a machine to learn new things within their parametre. Just keep in mind that your synth shouldn't ever actually feel emotions.

I might've missed something, but I didn't quite see your story showing your quirk.

Also, regarding: "This is roughly 700 Words and yeah, took about 10 minutes to make and it was pretty fun to create. "
    Would you apply to a job saying it only took you 10 minutes of effort? There are people taking hours to write a good app story.

It'll be -1 from me. Good luck and if you have any questions, as always, feel free to ask me or anybody else from council.

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You gotta know these departments we ask about by heart before applying.

Denied, you can reapply on 10/20/2020
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.