User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think Revolvers are viable currently?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 12.90%
  • No

27 87.10%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revolvers, who uses them?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revolvers, who uses them?

Hello, today I would like to create a discussion on the most oppressed gun in the game, revolvers. I swear every time I use that gun I either miss, or it doesn't even create a log of it hitting the alien. These guns are so disappointing I am still surprised they are still included. The pistol that marines are able to get at least hits some of the time, even though its damage is quite weak. I would like other players stories and experiences with the revolver in recent time and can give me and others insight on how the gun is either actually able to be used or the issues with it. (Disclaimer I was using dual wielding revolvers so I do not know if using a single one works better than two, even though the accuracy is probably still terrible).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to use revolvers, especially in there carbine form but the more xeno's introduces and the low ammo count for minimal damage wasn't sustainable. The revolver would be viable if the damaged was bumped up which would be balanced out by its 7 round capacity and lengthy reload process.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless revolver gets a significant damage and/or fire rate boost, it will never be viable. Its shitty ammo capacity, low DPS, and bad fire rate, which contributes to its low DPS, are going to make it 10x inferior to the pistol.

I think what devs could do would make one-handing it normal shooting while two-handing it will allow you to fan the revolver. One-handing is more for mid-range shooting while the other functions like a better M4A3 in close quarters. However, damage still needs to be increased overall and the shitty ammo capacity remains the same.

okay after some research fanning is not the most viable technique in a combat situation, but I think it would be cool to add to the game lol.
    Last edited by TheDonkified; 01-27-2019 at 06:54 PM. Reason: ummm hmmm errrr uhhhhhhh

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always take revolver when I'm going with Flamer PFC. Rail flashlight, recoil compensator and laser sight are enough for Revolver to be decent. Yet you have to ask Engineers to hack vendors for Marksman ammo, but it's worth it. Nothing that fits in belt slot will seriously injure Ravs, or Queens, but Revolver with good armor penetration is able to scare them off a bit.
    In normal runs with slug shotgun however, M4A3 is better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Literally only use for revolvers is meme loadouts and New York reload of having a satchel full of pre-loaded revolvers and just tossing them away when you're empty.

Also high noon.
    Tyson 'Bunny' Sphere

Whitelisted Predator
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're fine, however, they need a pocket holster that ungas can get from their vendors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like the sidearm pouch should just be able to hold either the revolver or the 'A3. They are both sidearms, after all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Revolvers are fine. But?

Longer barrel usually means "more accurate".
    And higher caliber, "more damage".

If revolvers are missing more than pistols, and their barrels are longer, then there's something strange.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just replace the M44 with the BFR 45-70 govt. revolver i want my ranger sequoia damnit.

but imo i say a 5-10% increase to damage or ROF and maybe a 5% increase to its accuracy and i say it'll make it a worthwhile sidearm at least.

but really Sidearms are really meant for HvH not for the standard Marines vs Giant eyless geckos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the blue moon when I play a staff officer, I always try to carry a revolver. While mechanically inferior to the normal pistol, it's got a better sense of command about it. More of an RP thing than a normal pistol. At the most extreme cases, you can shoot during a fight/argument and either: Miss the other person and cause them to save their hide in some way, either by running or equalizing the fight somehow, OR shooting them and ending the fight with a lesser chance of actually hurting them.