User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you like the idea of objective control points?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 27.91%
  • No

28 65.12%
  • Don't Care

3 6.98%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinion on 'Objective Based Control Points' and it features

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opinion on 'Objective Based Control Points' and it features

Objective based Control Points, think like Dawn of War control points(look it up on youtube or it wiki), is being kicked around by devs.

Currently, it is not totally known if it will replace intel/defcon system though it is very likely going to. It will have various 'power-ups' via new equipment and such being open for holding these points.
    If someone can post the google-doc of the rewards for holding the points it be much obliged.

My opinion: Horribly HORRIBLE PLAN. This is an asymmetrical TDM including a race, the aliens, which does poorly at holding areas when death balls come knocking and a race, the muhreen, that can not defend multiple points, especially if they are far apart. I see it being either unbalanced to hell were to get say 4/6 or 5/6 points require marching right into the hive anyway while marines that get pushed to the FOB will be having likely 0/6 points left, or it being lopsidded and aliens only can really hold 1 point early on near the hive and the other 5 spots are hard practically impossible to hold. Doesn't even include maps like LV and prison are horribly designed, with LV being too open to hold the beach forcing aliens always into the caves to hold anything likely forcing 2 points to be in the cave and thus making it stalemate hell, and prison will be hell for aliens to control anything beyond medical because of the time locks.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maps aren't suited to control points. Compare the large width of LV, which would likely have multiple spread out control points on beach, colony, and maybe one in lake? Devs said there would be six per map, So I'd guess they'd be scattered about so 2 are firmly held (LZ and hive), 2 are usually held (hydro and crashed ship), and 2 are frequently constested (random places on beach).

And then compare that to linear ass prison which would just become a league of legends match but there is only 1 lane or somethin.

This would also need constant marine guards at hydro to prevent back-capping.

The entire idea of objective points sounds INCREDIBLY forced for an RP heavy game like CM. At least defcon made sense - analysis of colony assets would prompt WY to prompt the USCM to give you more defcon dollars.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell yes

Fuck Defcon!!!!
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the concept, but I hope they make it voteable similarly to maps.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    based on what

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay looking at the document...

Know what, just delete aliens and make it HvH. Like holy shit does it leave xeno's dumpstered. Free revives, more stuns, why not just make all the aliens into Ian so the marines have an easier time getting that sweet sweet marine major?

Primordial Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigeon View Post
    snip
    You do know that they don't get it till Tier 3? And that none of if is final?

For once I'm more concerned about tech being just wacky. Wrist-mounted rockets, berserker - zombie marines that run for a while and then permanently die, etc.

Despite, I like that we will potentialy get more cool guns, especially railguns and lasers. Atleast nobody can say its too wacky for combat loaders to exist.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember the 2017 version for april fools.
    Why dont they just go back to that style with stuff they've added since then, back to xeno ez mode v marines and tonk.*

*My PeRsONaL OpInIoN
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    March 2019 branch with September 2020 QoL, remove the tank + APC and add moba.

Perfected CM.