Pogo 'Stinky' Marimo
    Their BYOND Key
    Griffith78
    Approximate time and date of the incident
    9:45pm EST, Sorokyne
    Which Staff Protocols (//showthrea...-and-Protocols) were broken
    Protocol 5
    Description of the incident
    Sorry for the long description, it spans three incidents and text exchanges.

There was a IC conflict between me and "Spingle Bumkus", where Spingle initially kept standing over my patient (I was a medic) and griefing me while I was trying to revive my SL. Me and my follow medic would move patient, he would stand on top of the patient, repeat repeat. I punched him once because he was griefing. He responded be pulling out a gun and slapping me multiple times. I panicked because we were near the front and I was already orange pain, so I took out my gun and started shooting him. He set me on fire, killing me, then ran away. After I was revived I talked to him about it, but he was still being a general dick by insulting me, so I put a couple of shots of oxy into him behind the front lines. I was prepared to leave it at that, then Griffin bwoinked me, which was fine. I explained what happened. We had both killed each other, I considered it done.

Later, while we were retreating I narrowly escaped a fight and got rescued outside of the fob, but we had no defenses and still needed to retreat. A Synth or a civilian, I believe, was trying to splint my head so we could move--Without it I would pass out before we got to fob. Spingle showed up again and started shoving me every time my ally tried to splint me or pill me, which frustrated him and panicked me since there were xenos flashing at the side of the screen. I shot Spingle again because I didn't want to die from being griefed in front of xenos, and he died as a result but was rescued. I got bwoinked again and I explained to Griffin what had happened. He said it was okay but not to do any more conflict with him. I agreed and told him to advise the same to Spingle, since he was the one that was antagonizing me. Griffin confirmed he was speaking with Spingle as well.

What I did not expect was for him to apparently tell Spingle it okay to keep starting conflicts with me. As I was trying to revive dead marines coming off the drop ship in medbay, Spingle kept shoving me AGAIN while I was operating on dead patients since the medbay was flooded. When I adminhelped, since I thought we were supposed to drop the conflict, Griffin told me it was perfectly in-character for Spingle despite Griffin telling ME to stop engaging in conflict with him. I explained everything to Griffin AGAIN and he finally agreed that it was NOT in-character for him to have griefed me, and told me he would finally tell Spingle to stop it. This was after considerable frustration and exacerbation, where I made it clear I just wanted him to leave me alone.

I don't think it was frankly fair or fun to admonish me for initially IC reacting to Spingle's griefing, then admonish me for IC protecting myself from someone preventing me from getting critical medical attention with Xenos right near by, then explicitly approving of someone to grief me after specifically telling me to drop the issue and leave it be. If you see it differently let me know.
    Evidence
    Some of this might be poorly formatted or slightly out of chronicle as I had to pull them quick from the chat. I don't think I got much of the initial incident unfortunately, but nothing was really said. Just the combat logs of me slapping him once, him walking away then walking back, hitting me multiple times, me shooting him once, then him running away briefly and coming back to set me on fire.

TrialModerator PM from Griffith78: Wy did you inject Spingle with 3 doses of oxy?

PM to Griffith78: He killed me

TrialModerator PM from Griffith78: Can you explain?

PM to Griffith78: He wouldn't stop standing on top of my patient, I slapped him open fist, he grabbed a bayonet gun and started stabbing me, I shot him once, then he flamed me to death

TrialModerator PM from Griffith78: Ok fine, but you cant just go after him and inject him with drugs as revenge. Proper escalation must be followed

PM to Griffith78: If you say so. Him murdering me seems like pretty legit escalation

TrialModerator PM from Griffith78: Wy did you inject Spingle with 3 doses of oxy?

PM to Griffith78: He killed me

TrialModerator PM from Griffith78: Can you explain?

PM to Griffith78: He wouldn't stop standing on top of my patient, I slapped him open fist, he grabbed a bayonet gun and started stabbing me, I shot him once, then he flamed me to death

TrialModerator PM from Griffith78: Ok fine, but you cant just go after him and inject him with drugs as revenge. Proper escalation must be followed

PM to Griffith78: If you say so. Him murdering me seems like pretty legit escalation

You put the advanced trauma kit into the M276 pattern lifesaver bag.

You feel broken bones moving in your head!
    Something inside your head hurts a lot.

Nathon Stafford starts splinting your head.

PFC Spingle Bumkus says, "Well well"

Sam Eagle cocks the M41A pulse rifle MK2, clearing a rifle bullet from its chamber.

Unknown (as Pogo 'Stinky' Marimo) has analyzed Unknown (as Pogo 'Stinky' Marimo)'s vitals.

You put the HF2 health analyzer into the M276 pattern lifesaver bag.

PFC Spingle Bumkus says, "Seriously lad"

Nathon Stafford says, "Fucking"

(This is nathan reacting to Spingle's griefing as he's pushing us around to stop him from splinting)

Your head hurts badly.

You cover the wounds on your chest with regenerative membrane.

PFC Spingle Bumkus says, "No"

You really need painkillers!

Nathon Stafford says, "His head"

PFC Spingle Bumkus says, "No help for him"

LCPL Pogo 'Stinky' Marimo(as Pogo 'Stinky' Marimo) says, "STOP FUCKING SHOVING."

Nathon Stafford says, "Is broken"

PFC Mack Samuel says, "Medic"
    Nathon Stafford says, "You idiot"

(Nathon again upset by Spingle)

PFC Spingle Bumkus says, "What was that"

23 / 48 ROUNDS REMAINING
    The wound on Spingle Bumkus's chest widens with a nasty ripping noise.
    Barry Buttsworth talks into the marine charlie radio headset
    PFC Spingle Bumkus says, "It always"
    You grab M39 submachinegun with both hands.
    19 / 48 ROUNDS REMAINING
    15 / 48 ROUNDS REMAINING
    Spingle Bumkus has been gored in the head with M39 submachinegun (Wielded) by Unknown (as Pogo 'Stinky' Marimo)!
    You feel the icy winds chill you!
    PFC Spingle Bumkus nods
    PVT Barry Buttsworth yells, "BRUH!"
    PVT Sam Eagle says, "WHAT THE FUCK."
    LT Ana Morgan [Alpha (SO)] says, "Get dead bodies back. We close to nuke."
    11 / 48 ROUNDS REMAINING
    You hear a loud cracking sound coming from Spingle Bumkus!
    PFC Spingle Bumkus screams!
    You hear a loud cracking sound coming from Spingle Bumkus!
    You hear a sickening cracking sound coming from Spingle Bumkus's face.
    You could use some painkillers.
    The blood has been hit by Unknown (as Pogo 'Stinky' Marimo) with the M39 submachinegun (Wielded).
    PFC Unknown (as Spingle Bumkus) screams!
    PFC Unknown (as Spingle Bumkus) screams!

(I was using an SMG, so the bursts came out pretty before I could see if he was crit'd or not so I could get away and try to heal)

Your chest hurts badly.

Barry Buttsworth points to the floor
    Nathon Stafford says, "The fuck"

You feel broken bones moving in your head!
    Something inside your head hurts a lot.
    You are now carrying M39 submachinegun with one hand.
    Nathon Stafford cleans and seals the wounds on their head with bioglue.
    Barry Buttsworth attempted to disarm Unknown (as Pogo 'Stinky' Marimo)!
    You clean and seal the wounds on Nathon Stafford's chest with bioglue.

(I hit Nathon a bit in the cross-fire, so I tried to heal up where I thought he was hit)

Kent Sanders says, "What the hell"
    Barry Buttsworth has pushed Unknown (as Pogo 'Stinky' Marimo)!
    Nathon Stafford cleans and seals the wounds on their groin with bioglue.
    You feel the icy winds chill you!
    Unknown (as Spingle Bumkus) seizes up and falls limp, their eyes dead and lifeless...
    Kent Sanders exclaims, "YOU MOIDED EM!"
    Mack Samuel shakes Unknown (as Pogo 'Stinky' Marimo) trying to wake him up!
    Barry Buttsworth punched Unknown (as Pogo 'Stinky' Marimo)!
    Barry Buttsworth has weakened Unknown (as Pogo 'Stinky' Marimo)!
    Barry Buttsworth punched Unknown (as Pogo 'Stinky' Marimo)!
    Mack Samuel shakes Unknown (as Pogo 'Stinky' Marimo) trying to wake him up!
    LCPL Pogo 'Stinky' Marimo(as Pogo 'Stinky' Marimo) says, "Asshole killed me once already."
    Nathon Stafford cleans and seals the wounds on Unknown (as Spingle Bumkus)'s chest with bioglue.
    Your chest hurts badly.
    Nathon Stafford cleans and seals the wounds on Unknown (as Spingle Bumkus)'s head with bioglue.
    LCPL Pogo 'Stinky' Marimo(as Pogo 'Stinky' Marimo) says, "Piss off dick head."

(I then walked back about ten tiles and splinted myself so I could get back to FOB.)

TrialModerator PM from Griffith78: Did you kill spingle again?

PM to Griffith78: He literally was griefing me on the front line preventing a doctor from splinting my head fracture so we could retreat

TrialModerator PM from Griffith78: Ok just cut out the conflict please

PM to Griffith78: Tell that to him, this is the second time he's griefed me

TrialModerator PM from Griffith78: I am talkimg to him as well

PM to Staff (AdminHelp):
     Spingle is griefing again

PM to Griffith78: Aye aye

PM to Staff (AdminHelp):
     Spingle is griefing again

LCPL Braydon McKendrick asks, "Cant you save him?"

Braydon McKendrick tries to remove Jack Torres's M3 pattern carrier marine snow armor.

Braydon McKendrick turns the emergency defibrillator on and takes the paddles out.

LOOC: Unknown (as Pogo 'Stinky' Marimo): Not with this dick head griefing me

Braydon McKendrick starts setting up the paddles on Jack Torres's chest

PM to Griffith78: He's shoving me while I'm trying to revive

TrialModerator PM from Griffith78: Deal with it, its IC conflict at this point

PM to Griffith78: Really? What happened "Stop the conflict?" Are you fucking kidding me?

PM to Griffith78: just shot at me twice

PM to Griffith78: Was he "RP-ing" when he would stand over my SL's dead sprite to stop my from clicking on it to do my medic duties?

TrialModerator PM from Griffith78: Ok I didnt realize he was doing that, sorry. Go ahead and enjoy the rest of the round ill ensure he lays off

PM to Griffith78: How about you let me enjoy the game instead of having to deal with someone who's been griefing me for the entire round? Then yelling at ME when I defend myself from his griefing?

PM to Griffith78: I told you he was doing that from the beginning. Yeah, this is going in a report. So fucking annoying.
    How you would punish the accused
    If you feel I am correct in my perception of these events, just have a chat about consistency in judgement and de-escalation. If the best course is for both parties to separate and stop interacting for the round (Which I generally agree with), then make sure that is being communicated clearly to both parties.

As far as Spingle goes, I'm guessing he's already been noted for the incident and that's the most I would want to see, as unless there is a history of griefing there's nothing else that would need to be done. Spingle wasn't really my issue in this context, aside from being the catalyst of the staff issue.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For most of this round I was the only active moderator and there as A LOT going on. As a result I wasn't able to investigate this issue as much as I would have liked. However I'll give my two cents on what I saw:

At the beginning you and Spingle had a properly escalated confrontation that resulted in your death, fine. However after this, as a medic you drugged him with oxy in order to kill him out of the blue. I spoke to you about this and frankly I should have given you a note. You abused your role as a medic in order to grief Spingle in a revenge killing for the prior incident and he had to be ahealed.

From here I understand there were a few more altercations, I believe you once again killed Spingle without escalation and were surprised when he came back and confronted you about it. I was dealing with some other issues and was hoping to end the conflict by telling you both to lay off. However, I eventually decided it may be best to let it play out IC. (probably not the right call)

You claimed that Spingle had been griefing you however I had no way to prove that aside from taking you at your word, I did investigate it and concluded that Spingle had been trying to confront you about your violence rather than trying to prevent you from doing your medic duties.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Logs were gathered, however duo the severity of the case (involving more people), the logs were forwarded to the Moderator Manager. It will only be posted on forums if he deems that it won't cause harm to third parties not involved.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had a look at this situation.

The only error Griffith made was he did not warn you both for IE and later said to one of you it was an OOC issue and the other an IC issue.

Me and Griffith already spoke about this where he got reminded he needs to inform both players of when such an action is taken.

I believe i had already resolved this thread which i had not so i will take the blame for the time it took, although, here is a heavy reminder, after something is escalated normally and a player dies or the fighting stops, you will have to re-escalate it next time, you can not jump to guns immediately.

Resolved, Griffith was reminded of correct procedure.
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer