User Tag List

View Poll Results: is the dev team doing a good job?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

23 44.23%
  • Yes

15 28.85%
  • Can they just fucking get their routers unplugged?

8 15.38%
  • They're the second coming of valve

6 11.54%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: is the dev team doing a good job?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fewher View Post
    Streamlining mechanics into an arcade format doesn't make for a better game, it makes for a different game.
    But thats of course a matter of opinion.
    Having direction in a game doesn't make for a worse game, it makes for a different game.
    And yes, you absolutely can develop a game to have RP.
    Yes, you can develop the game to be suited for RP. But that doesn't mean there will be RP. And given your other statements, old CM ensured RP and new CM discourages it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also assuming since CM is now arcade format, old CM was RP format? How come, since most of the stuff in the new "arcade" era has existed for years? (player behaviour)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Devs VS Staff thunderome lets do it america
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Streamlining mechanics into an arcade format doesn't make for a better game
    What was streamlined?

Assuming we pick the point at which baymed was adjusted, SM/atmos was removed as reference, what exactly was streamlined?

You keep saying this but I haven't seen a single example of a mechanic that benefited RP being removed. Hell, devs have been extremely against removing anything in general. I also find it funny how you blatantly choose to ignore features that were added and do benefit RP, like cakeys emotes. So unless you can provide some specific examples, I'll just assume you're talking out of your ass, which isn't surprising considering how little you've actually played since coming back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow guys... people like dismas hind for exemple (i love you in game mate, your a cool dude) who think that forced rp is bad, they say ''delete feature caus its a forced rp'' ''its not fun to rp the same thing evry round bouhouhou'' you guys are fondamentaly wrong.
    evry forced RP (exemple unexpected contact era) ''red dog!'' was ACTUALY DOING GREAT RP for evryone in general.

since they remooved unexpexted contact = rp go down and round get shorter.
    they remooved permanest = rp go down and round get shorter
    they make moba and structure, remove combat hugger, OVERALL MAKE ROUND 2 TO 3 TIME SHORTER = RP go down...

Open your eyes;
    EVRY STAFF/DEVS DECISION SINCE PERMANEST HAVE BEEN ''REDUCE RP'' and thats the truth.
    there is no ''you make your own fun'' you need rp ooportunity to rp. you cant just rp out of your ass with nonrper when there is no reason too.
    we need a ''reason'' and that reason is what some people call ''forced rp''

the truth is that FEWEAH IS RIGHT
    Feweh is right. read what he say, and stop trying to make this game a god damn team deathmatch!

RP is the most important in CM.
    forced rp aint really forced, its just actual opportunity to rp, wich when deleted dont exist anymore...
    the absance of reason / opportunity to RP is really to blame here.

ill admit, since speed run meta, even i dont bother as much with RP.. but this is CURRENT GAME FORMAT fault, not mine. give me back good RP opportunity and rounds that dont end in 20 miinute and i will rp!

anyway, forced RP is still better than no RP.

Feweh is right. stfu people who want to reduce rp by deleting more ''forced rp'' ''forced rp'' is necessary for healthy cm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    What was streamlined?

Assuming we pick the point at which baymed was adjusted, SM/atmos was removed as reference, what exactly was streamlined?

You keep saying this but I haven't seen a single example of a mechanic that benefited RP being removed. Hell, devs have been extremely against removing anything in general. I also find it funny how you blatantly choose to ignore features that were added and do benefit RP, like cakeys emotes. So unless you can provide some specific examples, I'll just assume you're talking out of your ass, which isn't surprising considering how little you've actually played since coming back.
    don.... permanest is streamlining, remooving combat hugger is streamlining, all the new moba structure is streamlining, hell even the new map kujero is a top mid bot lane map like league of legend... AND YOU DONT SEE THE STREAMLINING?!?! what a fucking joke...

Streamlining is dumbing down the game to accomodate whiners... and CM have been dumbed down a lot since 2019.
    Last edited by BurningMetal; 10-03-2020 at 05:52 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this thread makes my brain hurt.

all sides are to blame for this mess and neither side is willing to climb out and sort it.
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell