User Tag List

Thread: Jason 'Goliath' Willaims is Retiring from the in-game rounds.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Jason 'Goliath' Willaims is Retiring from the in-game rounds.

Hey there, I took a while to think about making this post.

Well, it's plain simple, The current state of the game is rejecting me, and i'll state why:

First, I am a support player, every knows that very well that i used to be a Excelent CAS Pilot, and with the rounds ending on 1 hour, 1 hour in a half, CAS is, most of the time, un-used and it's mostly used for Medevac, which, for me is boring as hell, but necessary for gameplay, and most of the times i tried to play CAS, me alone was taking 30-40 minutes to set up to a point i could reliably do all by myself, the problem is, the round ends a few minutes after finishing up the setup or the fight gets stagnated on caves to the point where if you retreat to the caves, you immediatly get FOB assaulted and another op ends without one missile fired.

Second, I absolutely SUCK at frontline combat, The "GIT GUD" dosen't get work for me, I am not a skilled player, maybe for FPS games i am, but not byond, the only place on frontline i actually shine is Sniper spec, Nade spec or Mortar work, sometimes IO work and even so, i feel more and more rejected as the time goes by.

Third, Despite my position within staff, I seriously belive that CM development made a WRONG, harmful turn, which made CM more skill based, which for the point i said above, it's rejecting me and my playstyle.

Fourth, Staff Needs. As the time goes by, mods retiring and admins retiring, i see a urgent need for someone to stay observing and deal with you, chucklefucks requesting help, so i'll dedicate myself to resolving your Improper escalation/Griefing ahelps. (Oh boy, can't wait to be staff reported again.)

Five, Events. My creativity gone to shitter and must thank 50% of the daily feedback i recieve from the playerbase, you cannot be pleased, dosen't matter how hard we try, I tried to do Whiskey Outpost twice, people started complaining, i stopped doing whiskey outpost, people complained, i did small events (G-man RPing with some Marines and Command staff, Signal Interception from Ursae Majoris and bombs on almayer with a DND style of finding a bomb and defusing), People STILL complained about it, i reached the point at a middle of a event that i had to go AFK for at least 5 minutes, otherwise, i would tell the said player to fuckoff and die in a fire.

All of the above points, contributed in some point to stress and me retiring Jason from in-game gameplay and me not touching the game for the past month and a half. I'll take some time off and focus mainly on Ahelps and forum work as Ban Manager, but won't be touching/doing events any time soon except for whiskey outpost once a week.

I hope those measures help me regenerate myself from the CM gameplay and help me prevent from burning out.

This is Ensign Jason 'Goliath' Williams, signing off.
    and i returned, and left. and returned again 19/06/2022, this is my life now.

Former Moderator Trainer. If you have any questions regarding Moderation Duties, feel free to DM me: Hunk1#9842

A bigger truth has never been spoken.

Props to nanu for the picture.

My Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, rather just quit staff and cm entirely at this point. By you not playing you'll just ptogressively get more and more out of touch with the game and make the experience even worse for yourself.

And most of the server's playerbase is bad at combat, myself included, yet most (again, including me) ultimately enjoy it much more thanks primarily to the hard work Fourk put into overhauling xenos. Unironically a turning point that made the game overall more fun to play.
    Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    L

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    meh.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Admin
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna miss your events, man.
    Robert 'DangerZone' Hale and the incognito legion

FA-XXX-L5 (The D-Day Drone that never wants to be a Hivelord yet always winds up as one)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    c'mon man dont do this!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Local Brazilian sent to brazil. The endgame has truly come.
    Unhinged retiree boomer man
    Get off my lawn you kids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah forget what ever I typed. You just gave 7 people week long bans over a copy pasta, ignoring any sense of fair punishment or proper escalation violating staff rulings in both. Your effect here is toxic and the contempt you have for the community is at best thinly veiled. Its thrown up in your post history for people to see what you actually think of the playerbase youre expected to moderate in an unbiased fashion.

For the sake of the community that you are not even part of, for the love of god please just leave. We have plenty of mods and admins here who are liked and valued members of the community. we dont need whatever it is you think youre accomplishing.
    Last edited by antrixx; 09-20-2020 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Hunks actions premised by other replys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goliath taught me how to fly back during my days as Horst. I’ll miss him.

I myself was burn’t out badly earlier this year and took the entire summer off before coming back. I hope you can recover as well.

As to the complainers (like a certain nob-head in this thread), fuck ‘em. They talk with entitled superiority like petulant brats, but they aren’t you. They don’t understand the challenges of events, and they are self-convinced that they could do it better. They don’t know shit, and I hope you can learn to not worry about those players because nothing you do will ever please ‘em. They aren’t worth anyone’s attention.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welp.

Couldn't you ask the MT's to help you out with your load outs? Whenever I roll MT I usually ask CAS if they need ammo unloaded or DS mods installed in. (THEN AGAIN, most MTs I see just go do whatever the fuck they want.)

Gonna miss your-danger-close-hot-shit game winning CAS PO rounds. o7