Byond ID?
    Basedoperator

CM Character?
    Daniel Morgan

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    UTC-06

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    up to 40

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    I've admined on GMOD servers previously.

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    Not for a while

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    CO WL (accepted): //showthrea...er-Application

Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    No

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    No (besides false sticky)

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    No

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    Yes

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    I would pm the person in question as well as anyone involved in the arrest to try and understand what happened, taking into account the previous notes of the player as well as if they happen to be new or not. If his actions are found unjustifiable then a note or ban will be given depending on severity and note history.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    I'd ask them if they would like to make a player report, and give them the ckey of the accused if they do, since honor code violation is a whitelist issue.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    I would check to see if they were a completely fresh player, and if so try to get the SEA (if one is uncryoed) or a mentor to assist him, if neither are available then I would PM him basic guides on the wiki.

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    I'd remain professional and continue to handle the issue the player is involved in, as well as informing him he can file a staff report if he likes. If necessary I would make note of his rude and argumentative behavior.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would PM the individual informing them their name violates rule 12, and would tell them to change it, and issue the proper punishment if they have history of breaking that rule or ones similar.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    This is an IC issue for the MPs to handle.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Survivors, unless events or other extenuating circumstances over-ride this, are not allowed to be openly hostile to marines anymore (which has been the case for a while now). I would inform him of this and issue a note or punishment based on any previous offenses, potentially a survivor job-ban.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would investigate the situation by gathering analysis of the MP and player's story, comparing it to the logs I am able to find. If the MP is in the wrong I would handle the prevarication and breach of ML which MPs are supposed to always follow, issuing a warning or job-ban if necessary. If the player is in the wrong I would tell him to make an appeal and that there's nothing I could do if no rules are broken.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would use any tools at my disposal to tell the marines or xenos to stop stalling the game, such as QM, HC, or subtle message.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would ahelp as I cannot take action in cases I am personally invested in.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    EORG does not apply to openly hostile factions such a Marines vs Xenos or Marines vs CLF. Fighting would continue between the two sides in RP despite the game itself being over.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    I would warn the accused player for rule 13, and take action if they have a history of shenanigans and grief.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would investigate logs to see if the fight followed the rules of escalation. If either had violated rule 14 then I would inform them to follow the rules of escalation, and take action if they had a history of improper escalation. If those rules were not violated then the MPs will handle it.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    MOOC informing the mutineers to ahelp before mutinying and storming the CIC, sleep the mutiny if needed and deal with those people who violate rule 17 accordingly.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    IC racism is no longer protected by the rules, and they would be informed to stop violating rule 3.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Rule 4 violation, most likely a griefer or an alt who had no intention of legitimate playing, if they knew how to gear up and kill a large group of marines easily. If they did not re-connect I would seek the highest punishment. I would deal with them accordingly and investigate if multikeying or ban evading was occurring. I would aheal the dead players.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    PM the larva asking them why, and then telling them to not do that, as it may be considered suicide or griefing. I would take proper action if they had history.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    I would PM them and inform them they are violating rule 2, and should avoid using netspeak while talking IC, as well as to not insult the Queen as xenomorphs are a hivemind that are supposed to obey the Queen.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    Hivemind chat is translated into English, and using dropship is perfectly acceptable as stated in rule 2. I would inform the ahelper of that.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    I would tell the command player that Rule 2 states marines do not know xenomorphs are planetside, and inform him that even though marines know OF xenomorphs they don't know they are planetside. I would note or ban depending on history as command is an important role with higher RP standards.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    I would check the logs and investigate to see if it could qualify as RP and in character. If a marine feared for his life and was unable to escape to any other pods then it might make sense for them to try and desperately kill another marine to survive. However if circumstances showed that killing was completely un-necessary and griefing I would solve that accordingly.

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    I would request them to make a staff report if they don't agree with my verdict and would tell them to stop violating rule 3, as being a dick isn't tolerated.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    This is an IC issue and I would tell him there is nothing I can do about it.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    I would inform them of how to handle the situation correctly, and divert it to management if the offense was major and erroneous enough.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    I wouldn't join the argument and rather inform higher-ups and let them make the verdict.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    I'm interested in giving back to the server and feel I could contribute by applying for moderator.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    Integrity. A good moderator is un-biased and interested in resolving conflicts in a professional manner.

Anything else you
    English IS my native language.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen you playing as Captain a fair bit lately doing a fine job and this app is also well done.

+

Senior Admin
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A good app and player, would be glad to have you on the team +1!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with their responses, and they've shown to be a valuable player more often than not. +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy to see this taken to a trial +1

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ye okkk +1
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good player, long term player as well. Pretty chill dude.

+1

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the Team, Check your PM's shortly
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer