User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It just doesn't feel fun to play anymore.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it was better
    Chaotic puppet-master from hell

Moderator & Synthetic Senator liltiptop's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No fun allowed, only unga.
    Nick 'Shards' Weller - Delta Marine
    Miles - Synth
    - SYNTH COUNCIL MAFIA GANG -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    man this really hit me a certain way, I used to be a marine main as Ray Dubi and those days were the shit. Now in retrospect im now a xeno main which is ironic considering I hated xenos with every fiber of my being. We had a bit better RP then and chaos. Xenos felt as if they we're threating even 1v1.

TImes changed and maybe im starting to see that now with how my threads get filled with negatives quotes of wanting marines not be overwhelming stun gods.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me the game stopped being fun once too many people at once started playing it. Lags and all those performance issues aside, being only a small amount of marines that have to rely on each other was more immersive and fun than it is now.

I remember the days of NSS Nostromo, where CM had only a mediocre amount of people at peak times. A squad of marines wouldn't be bigger than 5 or 6, usually. Perhaps it was also the novelty of the gamemode marines vs. aliens that made it fun, but there was something about leading a 5-man team alone through a dark as fuck and abandoned station against xenos you didn't know their hive's location that made it fun, especially if you had to hide or barricade yourself in some place untill reinforcments arrive. Medics were invaluable. Barricades were flipped tables. Doors were hidden walls. And FOBs were a combination of that and the marines defending it.

Having so many god damn marines on the ground that your screen is just cluttered with them has made fighting just a game of attrition and who gets the first advantage, shipside roles have become trivial.
    Last edited by ExGame; 09-21-2020 at 03:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think people have suggested splitting CM into multiple servers before, but I suppose that would cost too much to maintain. Otherwise, some believe that would be bad by fracturing the population leading to endless low pop rounds or some servers being empty all the time. If you ask me, unless we make CM more hardcore and niche again to reduce population we could really use a server split to reduce the clutter and lag from high pop rounds.

Though many others have already suggested what I said, it's unlikely to change in the foreseeable future either. Our best bet is someone either makes their own version of the server now that is CM open source (by asking permission or however that works), or staff team changes their stance on having multiple servers.
    Last edited by Trench007; 09-21-2020 at 06:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes nowday CM suck compared to pre-permanest era.
    yes moba xeno suck compare to classic xeno.
    yes Speed run suck compared to 3 hour rounds.
    yes dev wanting cm go tdm head in the wrong direction.
    yes RP is Crucial for CM.

its funny how i just keep repeating myself since the permanest update... oh well :P
    Last edited by BurningMetal; 09-21-2020 at 07:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we keep mentioning that the devs are killing CM RP and fostering the wrong type of community they might take the hint, or they'll just tell us to piss off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThesoldierLLJK View Post
    After the majority of the community at the last townhall said its a TDM game when we tried to explain RP and what not, that seems where we are.
    I'm still waiting to see how the techweb changes go from MOBA xenos.
    it's supposedly an RP-focused game that happens to involve shooting aliens but every single dev change that comes down only serves to further discourage actually RPing instead of just shooting aliens. I'll say it's a TDM not because I want it to be(I don't, there's a million TDM games out there and there was only ever 1 CM), but because that very much seems to be the development goal. You can't say "oh RP is the most important aspect" when the next thing on the dev list is literally putting in Team Fortress 2 capture points that make your guns shoot harder, and ship staff are getting reworked all the time because when they don't RP they really aren't actually doing very much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trench007 View Post
    If we keep mentioning that the devs are killing CM RP and fostering the wrong type of community they might take the hint, or they'll just tell us to piss off.
    Every time you bring this up to the dev team they hit you with the 'You can't force players to RP with game mechanics, it's a bad thing to do.' argument, so they don't pay much attention to it and would rather steer it further and further towards a goal oriented TDM game, which BYOND is a terrible, awful platform for.

I played for so long for the stories and moments had with other players, not because of the epic gameplay mechanics that blew COD out of the water with it's dynamic capture point League of Legends system. So many players are leaving now and the core of CM has drifted far away from what made it so good back in 2018 and further back. It's depressing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just need 2018 CM with darkmode, tank changes and runechat, also with old RP rules.