0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outcast Seer - Synthetic Application

Synthetic Whitelist Application
    Personal InformationByond ID?
    Outcast_Seer

Marine Name
    Luca Jagemann (Formerly: Horst Jagemann and Howard Easton)

Other Whitelist Applications
    N/A

Character InformationName of the Synth Character you wish to play
    Williams

What is your Synth�s quirk and personality?
    Williams was originally used for testing advanced personality simulation software before being bought and repurposed as a servant for the Anderson family. Consequently, he fulfills the classic image of a butler by being dutiful, conscious of appearance and propriety, and flavoring his speak with a hint of snark.

Although he behaves in a more emotional manner, these “emotions” do not affect his decisions and actions, but instead frame them. If circumstances demand it, Williams' simulation software selectively suspends to better address the situation.

Why do you want to be a synthetic/why should we whitelist you?
    There is almost never a survivor synth on when I normally play. I enjoy the thrill of survivor gameplay, and would like to be able to fill this niche.

Synthetic Character Story
    Writing this story has been taxing for me. Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

ExperienceHow familiar are you with Engineering?
    Extremely familiar. My preferred shipside role is CE, and I am a former combat engineer main. I can do all of the essentials (OB, tcoms, APCs, cadelines, generators) and am well-versed in the construction system.

How familiar are you with Command?
    These days I tend to steer away from CIC roles as I find them to be unfulfilling. However, I still know how to work the consoles (setting aSLs and orders, sending supplies, firing OBs). These days when Command is understaffed, I usually help pick up the slack when I'm CE. I also have had a lot of communication experience with Command from my days as a PO main.

How familiar are you with Medical?
    I've played a lot of doctor, and am fairly knowledgeable in providing treatment. I can perform most surgeries from memory, know the use, effects, and interactions of most chemicals, and have worked the chem line many a time.

How familiar are you with Requisitions?
    Very familiar. I've worked quite a bit in req as a CT, and have even had to run it on my own. I know where to get everything from the vendors, how set up and send supply drops, and how to order supplies. I'm also used to managing communications with SOs, squad leads, and specs to ensure that the operation's logistic needs are met.

What are some scenarios that you can perform combat in? Give us a brief example.
    Synth combat is primarily limited to defensive actions. If nearby marines are capable of handling a threat, I leave the fighting to them. If I am alone or nearby marines are incapable of effectively defending us, I can fight a threat until it retreats.

Example: I see a lone marine being slashed and dragged away by a lurker. I attack the lurker, causing it to run away. Instead of pursuing, I take marine back to safety for treatment.

ConfirmationsAre you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines?
    Yes

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason? Do you have any active jobbans?
    No

Are you currently banned from our Discord, and if so, why?
    No

Other InformationDo you have anything else you would like to include about your application?
    During some of my recent rounds as MT and CT, I have been an agent and consequently did not behave in my typical manner.
    Last edited by Outcast Seer; 09-21-2020 at 05:09 PM.

Whitelisted Captain 50RemAndCounting's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never personally seen you play any of the support roles, your quirk is generic and lame, and your "Why should we whitelist you" answer belies the archetypical low-effort mindset. You literally just want to (borderline) combat synth for a few rounds until you get bored of the role and never touch it again. This had all happened before.

Sheeesh this boy LRP as hell!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50RemAndCounting View Post
    Never personally seen you play any of the support roles, your quirk is generic and lame, and your "Why should we whitelist you" answer belies the archetypical low-effort mindset. You literally just want to (borderline) combat synth for a few rounds until you get bored of the role and never touch it again. This had all happened before.

With all due respect, I must strongly disagree with this assessment. I am not sure what hours you play on, but I have an extensive amount of support hours under my belt. To hand-wave this application as "low-effort" would be to disregard not only the effort I put into my story, but also the times I discussed my application with others on the application channel. Please do not confuse my desire to fill an role that is largely unfilled to equate to a desire to be a "borderline combat synth." Around a year ago there were many more players who played survivor synth, and they would range from individuals who ran alongside survivors to people who roleplayed with xenos or acted as the last eerie maintainers of a now-dead colony. Those players are effectively gone now, and the colonies always seem more bland because of it. I want this WL because I want to be like those later two types of synths and give life to the colony, not to become an axe-wielding valid hunter. The thrill of survivor gameplay for me is to wander the empty halls of a dead colony and live, not to be unga+ and seek fights with xenos.

I must also ask why you consider my quirk lame, since in the two years I have been on CM, I have never seen a synth that actually acts like an old-English butler who is vocally concerned about matters such as dressing and behaving "properly." If quirks such as being "upbeat," "literal minded," or having an "affinity for performing and discussing Requisitions and engineering-related tasks" are acceptable, why is being an Alfred to marines considered unacceptable?
    Last edited by Outcast Seer; 09-21-2020 at 07:35 PM.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read you story, and I can definitely tell you put some work in it, it was pretty well written. Minor grammatical errors, but I don't care about that.

I think I've seen you around in support roles before, so I've just got two questions for you.

1. You are walking down the hallway (On the Almayer) when you see two marines in a fist fight. They are both at around half health. What do you do? You can ask in here, or PM me for more context.

2. How do you plan on displaying your quirk in game? Let's say you're a survivor synth, and a sentinel is trying to talk to you to learn the location of the other survivors. You DO know where they are.

When answering these, make sure to do two things. 1, review the synth guidelines, and make sure that your answer will be permitted. And 2, answer honestly. If you try to answer "tactically" or "perfectly" it will not work out. Think about what you'd do in those situations. A synth's job is to make the round fun, and help the marines. Remember that.

Also, survivor synth is only a role on some rounds, sometimes it won't spawn. A, remember that synths CAN NOT fire OBs, you'll have to ask someone to do that, if you are ordered to.

You can contact me @Fortelian#3308 on discord.
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've also never once seen you as any support role in recent months, or indeed seen you at all. This is probably an issue of timezones however. The medical familiarity section of your app also leaves a lot to be desired - having to open the wiki for surgeries when you will complete the steps as synth extremely quickly is not good practice.

You do know that the main role of a synth is ship synth, right? Synthvivor is a bit tacked on the end, and at the end of the day this application is for primarily USS Almayer Synthetic and not solely for Synthetic survivor. Having only survivor gameplay/experiences in your story and why you want to be WL-ed section doesn't help your app here.

In this regard, I've also got some questions. Primarily about USS Almayer synth related things.

1. Why would you want to play as the shipside synthetic, if at all?

2. You are gearing up for deployment as a squad medic, and arrive at chemistry to see the line manned by a synth, and no other medics waiting. What do you ask for? If you were the synth, how would you fulfil your request? What would you say to the medic?

3. You are a doctor, and a marine comes in and you put him in the body scanner. He has 5 heart damage, 32 oxygen damage, 15 brute damage, 10 toxin damage, internal bleeding and fractures in his chest, 74% blood level, and is currently overdosing on kelotane. He has no other drugs in his system. How do you restore this marine to full health and combat functionality as fast as possible without use of the autodoc?

4. You are a synthetic, and you are assigned to bravo squad to build the FOB. There is one bravo engineer, and he comes up to you and asks what to do. (Assume in this scenario the map has ample sand for bag-filling and you have enough materials to make the fob). What do you tell him to do? What do you do yourself?

5. You are a synth, and you are the sole operator of requisitions. A charlie marine tosses a request for a crate with 2 HPR magazines through the window, and asks for them. What do you do? What do you say to him? Assume the operation has just started and you haven't bought anything yet.

Currently from this app there is almost zero way of telling how you will behave/RP as ship synth so try to include details on that in the answers.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan_albatross View Post
    *snip
    Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. Criticism always stings, but making it constructive motivates me to continue on and improve!

On the note of medical, when I said "most surgeries," I was trying to say that the only surgeries that have not become muscle memory for me are the more niche procedures such eye surgery, facial reconstruction, and necrosis treatment. I am perfectly capable of handling organ damage (including lung complications), IB, fractures, parasites, and lost limbs without hesitation or pulling up the wiki. To better clarify how Williams (ironically, you took the synth name that I had settled on earlier this year) would behave as a ship synth, I would still be the mildly patronizing butler. Proper officers and heads of department would without exception would be addressed with the title "Master." I would chide marines for unbecoming behavior, but if it was an officer I would wait until we were alone to avoid embarrassing them (what kind of dignified person would be seen scolded by a mere servant?!), but I would be even tougher on them as they are "a person of importance" and "an example your men." While working on the ground if I particularly bond with a marine Williams will elevate their status to "Master." (Ex.- Medic Henderson works long and hard with me to save marines, and by the end of the operation Williams will be referring to him as "Master Henderson.")

1. I certainly want to play as the Alamayer’s synthetic unit. Being the ships synth ensures that I can always contribute to the operation in a meaningful manner. When I play support roles, I dread the rounds where work dries up and I can do nothing to contribute to the marines. By being the ship’s synth, I am guaranteed to constantly have opportunities to support marines. If one department is understaffed, I can pick up the slack. If there is an overabundance of support crew, (the proverbial “too many cooks”) I can go groundside to provide field surgery, strengthen the FOB, act as a medic, or perform other critical tasks. A synth’s work is always in demand, and I will never find myself idle.
    More so, there are excellent opportunities for roleplay on the ship. Certain COs would be delighted to have a synth that (baring urgent tasks needing to be performed) would be eager to act as their butler. Seeing synths roleplaying with xenos in containment has also been a source of envy for me.

To summarize: I would definitely play as the ship’s synthetic because I will constantly be an active support to the marines and will have opportunities to roleplay with my quirk and backstory

2. I would ask for IA, Keloderm, and Iron. IA is the most important for me, since eye and/or brain damage can force an otherwise fit marine to seek surgery. Keloderm is the next most important for me as massive amounts of burn damage can severely interfere with reviving. Iron would be my luxury pick, since marines that are low on blood tend to also have other complications that merit surgery and iron is taxing on the dispenser. I would not ask for TriBica since it takes more time to make a full pill bottle and I will already have the equipment to replicate its effects.

As Williams, I would say “I trust that you did not sacrifice your breakfast to get here so soon?” If the medic was not properly dressed, I would chide them “Young man, it is unbecoming to run about barely covered. What if an officer, or worse, a lady witnessed your impropriety?” However, I would still serve their order.

Starting with the IA, I would use two dylo bottles to speed up the process and save dispenser power. For the KeloDerm, I would also use three bottles of kelo from the vendor in combination with the dispenser (although KD annoys the OCD in me since I have to dispose of the extra 20u of kelo to get that perfect 7.5/7.5). To save time, I name the pills and label the bottles as “IA” and “KD” respectively. Some CMOs have had me (as doctor) wait on producing Iron, so I would briefly ask the CMO “Master Karlsson, do we begin production of iron pills now, or wait until other medication has been issued?” If there is not an immediate response, I will produce a batch of 15u iron pills.

Once served, I would tell the medic “Sir Jagemann, best of luck to you.” If the medic admitted to skipping food (or using an MRE) or was underdressed, I would instead say “Sir Jagemann, take better care of yourself in the future.” I would then immediately resume production of more IA pill bottles since the other medics will be requesting them.

3. This poor marine is in rough shape, but fortunately this case is fairly manageable. I first use a dex+ injector on the marine and bring him to my OR. If I have iron pills on me, Ill give him a dose before I put him on my table and hook up a blood pack (I always ensure there is an O- pack in the IV of my OR at roundstart). Since damage from the OD is still low, I can administer a bica and dylo pill before focusing on the surgery. Fortunately for the marine, I can combine all three procedures.
    My procedure will be IMS => Fix’o => Saw => Retractor =>Trauma Kit => Retractor => Bone Gel => Bone Gel => Bone Setter => Cautery. This fixes the internal bleeding first, then treats organ damage before finishing with the fractures. The IB is my priority since I want to avoid unnecessary oxy damage buildup.

By the time I am finished with the surgery, the marine’s blood level will be restored to the point where I can focus on the OD. If brute and toxin damage has become dangerously high, I may have to put the marine in a cryo tube. Then I will perform a dialysis with the sleeper since smoke purges do not work anymore. Once the marine has been purged of chemicals, I will administer any additional pills that are needed and ensure the marine’s blood levels have reached an acceptable level. Before giving a final scan. I will then instruct the patient to eat some food and send him on his way (after removing his tag if there is one).

Synth Sidenote: If I were in this situation as Williams, I would also question the marine regarding the circumstances of the OD to chide the responsible party. If the OD was self inflicted, I would chide the marine. "Sir Jagemann, leave the chemical treatment to those that are trained. You gave me quite the scare there." If it was caused by a medic, I would inform the CMO. "Master Karlsson, it would seem that medic X was careless enough to overdose a marine with kelotane." Once the marine is discharged, I would also immediately clean my gloves and the OR of any and all unsightly blood. Filth should never be tolerated in the medbay, as it would reflect poorly on Master Karlsson's image.

4. “My good Sir, our task is simple. We must ensure that the dropship is secure and that medics are safe to treat the fallen. Begin by creating an initial line of barricades at all choke points. To prevent our great work from being run over, we must maintain a clear path of three-wide plasteel barricades between the rear of the dropship and the main entrance of the landing zone. Ensure all lines have barb wire and that all vents are welded, otherwise the fiends will have easy access. In the meantime, I will secure the FOB’s flanks.”

While I am off building cades at the flanks of the FOB, I will continue to provide the Bravo engineer with the following advice:

“If you see an idle comrade, give him your sandbags and spade and instruct him to begin digging. We scarcely have enough metal as is.”

“Although I find plumbing to be disdainful work, we can cut the pipes leading into the FOB as an alternative to welding the vents. However, thoroughness will be key; lest we suffer unnecessary tragedy.”

“Unfortunately, the larger specimens are capable of tearing down even reinforced walls. We must endeavor to extend our inner line across all vulnerable walls. Presuming your comrades have not been idle, we can use the sandbags for this task.”

“The benefit of a chokepoint is that it funnels. Please ensure that you are funneling the foe, not your comrades, into the choke.”

“While we certainly could salvage metal from window frames, it to be a terrible waste of metal since they already delay the larger fiends.”

“Ensure any additional lines of barricades are spaced apart by at least three lengths, elsewise the enlisted will inevitably get trapped and gassed.”

When I finish securing the FOB’s flanks, I will check in on the engineer’s work and apply any needed corrections along with relevant advice. If the marine is embarrassed or angered, I would say “Chin up Sir, if the work was easy it would not be worth doing.” Once the initial line is complete, I would begin expanding the FOB alongside the marine so I could provide additional guidance until injured marines began arriving in search of treatment.

5. OOC, HPR magazine crates are over-costed and shouldn't be ordered if possible.

IC, I would respond with the following: “Very well Sir Jagemann. I will see if we can afford this luxury, although prospects are bleak. Would you consider filling and carrying about a crate of loose 10x24 ammunition instead? You can replace your bag with it and refill your current magazines whenever you desire. I have the needed carboard right here.” If the PFC declines, I will dutifully check the console and inform him “Terribly sorry, but it is simply not possible given the need for other priority items." If the marine complains or demand that I purchase the crate, I would reply "Very well Sir. Please obtain authorization from your Lieutenant or another ranking officer, and I will gladly place the order."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    *snip
    1. Thank you for the giving context via PM. Only the two deltas (both punching each other) and myself are present. I will assume that I have not been ordered or requested to assist MPs in maintaining order on the ship.

Williams is aware that both marines are guilty of assault under Marine Law, and arguably disorderly conduct as well. However, Williams' immediate concern is that these hooligans are making an absolute mess of themselves and the ship! What would the admiralty think of the dear Captain if they witnessed Alamayer's halls in such a state!? This must stop. Now.

"Right, you will stop fighting now or I will take action and call an MP." If the marines don't stop, I will call for an MP before flashing both marines and treating their injuries. If they stop, I will instead say "Right, good lads. Explain yourselves and we can attempt to resolve this matter." I would then listen to the marines while treating their injuries (and stop that accursed bleeding). If I can resolve their disagreement, I will finish treating them and offer to clean their bloodied clothes before sending them off. If the marines cannot settle their differences, Williams also understands that these enlisted need an outlet for their energy. I would then suggest that they resolve the matter with a sporting match of boxing instead of tearing themselves apart.

Once the marines depart peacefully, Williams would ensure the blood is cleaned up before continuing with his current task. For Williams, the conflict has passed and the damage has been undone. There is no need to embarrass Command with knowledge of the incident.

2. Williams is no fool. He was present when these beasts initially took over this facility. This creature cannot have any good intentions for the remaining humans. However, if he can engage the sentinel in a peaceful discussion it might buy time for the survivors. He will first ask the creature if it has seen Master Anderson, and provide a description. Williams will attempt to maintain this conversation, and even offer to provide minor services to the creature (clean its carapace, prepare snacks, mix drinks, etc.). Hopefully, this will draw more creatures to him and away from the survivors. If the sentinel or another individual begins to threaten harm towards Williams, he explain that he did "recently see them" and provide the xenomorphs with a plausible location that is far from where the survivors actually are.

Williams will attempt to continue engaging the xenomorphs with conversation and services for as long as it is safe. He will ensure that he has an escape plan should the fiends become hostile. If circumstances dictate that he run, he will go in a direction that does not lead towards the survivors. Only upon losing pursuit will Williams consider rejoining the survivors.

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcast Seer View Post
    snip
    Necro is gone by the way. When was the last time you played doc/cmo?

1. Good answer, bear in mind as Almayer synth you will usually deploy (unless a department such as req or medbay is critically understaffed). Having elaborated on this reasoning for wanting to be shipsynth on your original app post would have helped a lot.

2.1. IA is always a neccessity, good to see you would take it. Iron is good also, but I don't understand what you mean by "Keloderm is the next most important for me as massive amounts of burn damage can severely interfere with reviving"? You do know pills don't metabolise in a dead person? I assume you mean getting them back on their feet faster after revival.

2.2. You didn't explain at all what chemicals you would add to the dylo and kelo, which fails to answer the question. Good demonstration of RP with the marine, but it's rather a rare scenario for a medic to forsake equipping to get to the pill line first.

3. As the cryotube quickly fixes IB, the fastest way to get this over with and stabilise the marine would be cryotube until IB healed then straight into dialysis. As the oxygen damage from the heart won't go past 20 (excepting the IB damage) the heart is last priority to heal, which you got right. Blood level can be fixed during surgery. Also, the sleeper can administer dylo, so you wouldn't need to give a pill. Good RP demonstration in this scenario as well.

4. Very good RP here, and I like a man who cades his walls. No problems.

5. Again a good answer with good RP, no problems.

I've never seen you in game as a support role, as previously stated, but these questions show your RPing would probably be good enough as ship synth. Quirk I agree with rem isn't too exciting but you did expand on it with the chastising bit. I also have some more confidence in your support proficency as engineer and doctor.

My advice is to grind squad medic, cmo, squad engineer, and RO while this app is up.

I'll give a tentative +1 to this for now, from the question answers and app post, but someone needs to properly vouch for your skills in support roles from seeing you play them in game, not just from answering questions on the forum (although your answers to said questions were pretty good).
    Last edited by Stan_albatross; 09-22-2020 at 05:30 PM.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Necro is gone by the way. When was the last time you played doc/cmo?
    It was removed either at the same time infections were, or just a bit later as I recall. My last round as doc was yesterday during the "space flank" on Corsat. Command had everyone go down on Normandy before the Alamo impacted, and then we came back up as a unified force. When medbay was retaken, myself, a researcher and another doctor were quite busy reviving marines and performing surgeries since power was still out. The more memorable surgery I performed was on a marine with IB, kidney damage, a groin fracture, and a leg fracture.

I assume you mean getting them back on their feet faster after revival.
    Yeah, apologies for not being sufficiently clear.

You didn't explain at all what chemicals you would add to the dylo and kelo, which fails to answer the question.
    Apologies, I was unsure if the purpose of your question was to determine if I knew to use the vendor and dispenser in tandem. Here is my mix process (in units of 40 unless otherwise specified):
    IA: Dylo bottle + Dylo bottle + Carbon + Carbon + Chlorine + Nitrogen + Hydrogen + Hydrogen
    KD: Kelo bottle + Kelo bottle + Kelo bottle + Phosphorus + Oxygen - 20u Kelo
    Each mix is then split into 16 pills.

someone needs to properly vouch for your skills in support roles from seeing you play them in game, not just from answering questions on the forum (although your answers to said questions were pretty good).
    I completely agree. Answering questions doesn't quite reflect one's ability to operate in "live" conditions. I am uncertain if any of the players I commonly interact with ever go on the forums though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree with rem on this one, you clearly put effort into this application, and I believe I've heard of you being good at doctor/CE etc +1
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications