Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outcast Seer - Synthetic Application

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posting this as evidence for my credibility (at least in regards to req):
    https://i.gyazo.com/a6fdf6b6e25eccbd...d4994078dc.png

During an extended Kutjevo round this weekend I was personally awarded a medal by the CO for my ability to run Requisitions.
    Last edited by Outcast Seer; 09-26-2020 at 07:09 PM.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You referenced my galaxy brain space flank tactic in a positive light, that alone warrants a +1. Also, I loved your answer to my second question. Your answer to my first question was also great. You got a medal for req, so that's kinda based too. You know what you're doing, and I think the quirk could bring something different to the table. Instead of having a vague, basic quirk, you can try and be specific in the case of Master Anderson, and actually talk to people about it. I'll be sliding my...

+1
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortelian View Post
    You referenced my galaxy brain space flank tactic in a positive light, that alone warrants a +1. Also, I loved your answer to my second question. Your answer to my first question was also great. You got a medal for req, so that's kinda based too. You know what you're doing, and I think the quirk could bring something different to the table. Instead of having a vague, basic quirk, you can try and be specific in the case of Master Anderson, and actually talk to people about it. I'll be sliding my...

+1
    Thank you! I am uncertain how clear it is from reading the initial application, but Williams isn't just "generic butler unit USCM edition." He is Williams. He has a history that shapes his interactions in the present. Having served the Anderson family for so many years, he cannot help but compare present circumstances to his prior experiences with programmers at Oxford and the household of an aristocratic family. He will "bemoan" the loss of Young Master Anderson, for he watched and helped raise the boy to become a young man. There are stories to tell, expectations to be held, and refreshments to be prepared. War is a horrid affair, but Williams is prepared to help support in any way. A butler's work is never done!
    Last edited by Outcast Seer; 09-28-2020 at 04:34 AM.

Synthetic Council Member Yukonsnow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good afternoon,

I read over your quirk, and while initially it can be a fairly basic butler synth which is OK, if you really dig into the Anderson family portion it will be a perfectly workable quirk. The story had some minor grammar errors that took me out of it, but overall it was enough to show your quirk.

You've shown a large amount of effort throughout the application by answering the extensive number of questions. Having other forum members ask these many questions can be concerning, however, you've answered them in a satisfactory manner and you've not half-assed it.

The actual application questions themselves are fine as well. You've shown your medal indicating a high degree of competence in at least one department. And you're responses have shown off that you do know what you're doing and have the necessary proficiency to be a synthetic. While I cannot personally vouch for you, I'll take everything I've seen in this app as enough. Your combat question was correct and had an accurate example so you've shown you are familiar with the synthetic programming.

Overall this application will receive a +1 for me. If you try to implement your synthetic's history butlering for the Anderson family you'll be a unique addition to the Almayer!

Cheers,
    Last edited by Yukonsnow; 09-28-2020 at 06:18 PM. Reason: minor grammar :)))))
    gaming

Discord: Yukonsnow#7186

Synthetic Technician Dan, message me about any Synthetic WL questions, I'll help as best I can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukonsnow View Post
    Overall this application will receive a +1 for me. If you try to implement your synthetic's history butlering for the Anderson family you'll be a unique addition to the Almayer!
    Thank you! I fully intend to incorporate Williams' experiences with the Andersons into his character and interactions with other players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there, thank you for applying.

While your quirk alone is nothing special, after reading your story, which is quite well written, I think it would be a great fit for the whitelist. Especially if you focus on your Anderson backstory.

I have to disagree with 50Rem on everything they said; you've put quite alot of work into this and from your medal etc. I can see that you know how to play support roles.

Your answers to the questions the others asked you are fine, though regarding the interaction with the xeno: Synths shouldn't have an elaborate discussion, their conversation with xenos, if they even wish to talk to them, should be basic.

It'll be a

+1

from me. I hope to see you around as a synth and wish you good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xywenx View Post
    It'll be a

+1

from me. I hope to see you around as a synth and wish you good luck.
    Greatly appreciated! I’ve been in a crunch period doing work for an academic journal, and haven’t been able to get on nearly as much as I would like. Once life calms down for me I look forward to supporting you all.

Synthetic Council Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good player, good story

+1

Retired Manager
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Accepted
    Former staff, also former Synthetic senator.

Now just a shitposter and lurker.