Decker100#2253

Marine Name
    Decker Alsimia

Character InformationName of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Yik Vir'lan

Name and history of your Yautja’s clan:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Clan Vir'lan.
    A clan comprised mainly of Worker castes who are tasked with constructing the mighty Yautja ships. Clan Vir'lan's warriors take a preference to Technologically Advanced Prey on Unnatural, built structures made by the very few races that have achieved spaceflight in the universe.

Yautja Character Story
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

A story outlining Yik Vir'lan and his first Hunt during his Rite of Passage.

Excerpt:

Yik caught the Smart Disc and sidestepped through the Hatch, into a dark, open compartment filled with some tall, thin metal containers.

The beast burst through the hatch soon after rearing up to bring its full weight onto Yik. With a roll to the left, Yik brought himself upright and produced his Combi-Stick, jabbing it into the side of the beast, which kicked back, hard with its middle leg, square in Yik’s chest.

There was a loud bang as Yik’s body impacted the thin metal of the locker behind him. His chestplate had absorbed most of the shock however he could already feel the flesh beneath bruising. He let out a slight wheeze as the beast turned and reared up. Yik gripped his Combi-Stick and as the beast fell upon him, he thrust it into its chest, causing an audible crack as it impacted the beast's ribcage.

The weight however was too much and Yik was pinned against the locker. The beast flailed, it’s weight almost crushing Yik’s shoulders as it’s middle legs went to work at clawing at the thin body-mesh that covered Yik’s torso.

There was a fresh, burning pain as his torso was slashed and torn, Yik’s bright green blood staining the fur of the beast. Yik squirmed and slammed his palm into the chest of the beast to attempt to shove it off him. However his palm met only a broken bone. It would not be long before lasting damage would be done to his flesh and he could feel the burning turn into a deep inferno.

ConfirmationsHave you read the honor code and do you understand that if you breach the honor code you may be subject to disciplinary action and have your whitelist revoked for a set amount of time?
    Yes

Do you understand that any behavior that is unbecoming of a member of the community may result in you having your whitelist revoked? Such things include, but are not limited to: Racism, toxicity, excessive or malicious trolling, abuse of staff or etc.
    Yes

Do you understand that you may face having your whitelist revoked, or other disciplinary action undertaken, should you be banned or warned on the CM discord?
    Yes

Do you understand that you cannot advertise your application on any platform for votes. Do you also understand you may not edit this application 1 hour after it has been posted?
    Yes

Do you understand that community members may report your in-game actions on the forums, and that you may be asked to defend your actions.
    Yes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello sorry for such a late reply, its been interesting viewing your clan history and story, I enjoy the shipbuilder aspect. I haven't seen that one too often however before I +1 I have some question I would like you to answer, best of luck.

When would you honour duel a marine? When wouldn't you?

When would you honour duel a xeno? When wouldn't you?

A predator dies, his body is brought up to the Almayer. What would you do?

You make a lodge. While you are gone, several marines occupy it, and when you come back, they are still there. What would you do?

When would you use an HPC?

What does roleplaying on CM mean to you?

May seem overwhelming but I have faith in your answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the read. I’ll go through your questions one at a time.

First, when would/wouldn’t you honour duel a Marine?

The Honour Code dictates only Humans deemed worthy of a duel. This would mean exceptional Marines who have proven themselves beyond that of being regular Prey. The honour code is not very specific however it is clear what is not acceptable. Such as if a Marine ran around asking for an honour duel, was meta-ing the Honour Code, are currently engaged, are un-huntables or dishonourable. I personally believe Honour Duels involving Humans would require not only a display of skill from the Human but also some Roleplay in advance.

Second, when would you / wouldn’t you honour duel a Xeno?

Never. The Honour Code dictates that Xenomorphs can never be the opponent in an Honour Duel.

Third, a fellow Yautja’s body being brought up to the Almayer.

This is all outlined in ‘gear recovery’ of the Honour Code. Assuming the Xenos have not already hijacked the dropship in which case it is not allowed to board the Almayer, I would contact any other Yautja in the field and notify them I intend to commence gear recovery. If I was the only remaining Yautja, there is no obligation for me to do so, though depending on the situation I would likely try. Upon boarding the Almayer I would opt for total stealth. Whilst manipulating Yautja technology makes someone dishonourable it is of benefit to all that gear recovery is swift and clean. Body recovery should be the first choice as opposed to blowing a hole in the Almayer via self destruct. Though self-destruct is still permitted as long as it’s not intentionally used to wipe a gaggle of Marines. As for confrontation on the Almayer, utilising cloak, Low-Plasma-Caster and shoving is the second option. The first option in confrontation is a measure of Roleplay. Assuming there is nobody running around with Yautja equipment, intimidation and roleplay can serve a higher purpose than directly engaging. Regardless, recovery of the body is paramount and self-destruct remains an option. It should be noted that non-combatants/non-military Almayer crew are Un-huntable. And the Almayer is not a hunting ground for a prolonged stay.

Fourth, a group of Marines are occupying a Lodge.

Lodges are secluded areas and act as a jumping-off point for Yautja in the field. As outlined per the Code, traps can be placed in Lodges but entering or even disrupting a Lodge does not make someone Dishonourable unless they are already Dishonourable. It is akin to attacking a Yautja directly and those that do so are to be treated as worthy Prey. Though they may be fought by multiple Yautja in the Lodge. I personally would combat the Marines until they have been ejected from the Lodge, consolidate the state of the Lodge and then continue the hunt. Though a priority taken to stolen Trophies, as long as those that steal them remain Worthy as outlined by the Code or become Dishonourable.

Fifth, use of the Heavy Plasma Caster.

The HPC is powerful and can indeed be used against all opponents, except in an Honour Duel. However being hit by the HPC means a target cannot be attacked until they are back up. The exception to this is Dishonourable prey who can be attacked whilst down.

Sixth and finally, What does CM Roleplay mean to me.

When I first started playing CM and even when I got my CO’s whitelist Roleplay was much more prominent. It was the driving force of a round and helped prevent repetitive staleness. This still holds true though CM’s focus has shifted to gameplay. I believe the Yautja whitelist and Predator role is one of the strongest contenders for a Roleplay experience. Not only between Predator and Marines but amongst other Predators especially. It allows interactions, both positive and negative, within a setting and with characters.

I understand many of my answers have been reading from the Code though it is the Honour Code that dictates the role and what makes Yautja unique, in that it’s rules defines the role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Decker100 View Post
    I understand many of my answers have been reading from the Code though it is the Honour Code that dictates the role and what makes Yautja unique, in that it’s rules defines the role.
    That is perfectly fine, your answers were exactly what I was looking for, a display of how well you are familiar with the honor code, I highly enjoyed your response to shipside gear recovery the use of roleplay is hardly ever used there because of the risk it has but it is always an option the other hunters overlook, as for HPC we cannot attack while they are stunned however hpc can deal some burn damage that can turn worthy targets into unworthy until they have recovered from the blast (unless of course they still pursue you). I hope you don't mind the tricky part of the questions but I just want to strive for more with the new hunters we recieve
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the +1 and for the bit on the HPC. I still remember the days it was used to blast holes through the Almayer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You asked for a ton of help while you made your app, and from what I can tell you can be trusted not to be a dipshit +1

don't go HPC'ing admirals though
    Nathon Stafford-Sunglasses wearing Delta L42 kiter man. Sometimes a Captain.
    Benedict-Praiser of Jesus, healer of marines, killer of Queens.
    Kahn'Ikesh-Blooded Hunter and great grandson of Gor'don Ram-sey
    (pfp by Manezinho)
    medals:https://pastebin.com/xiCJLuhz
    Mapper since 12/29/2020
    Had dev role assasinated on 8/2/21

Synth Councilor as of 2/5/21 along with Jakk, Frogzeke, Yukonsnow, and Flpls
    DM what#3954 for help with Synth Applications

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    u r big dum > -1

Nah, you went around asking for help, and ya know what you're doing. Just don't cloak kill people, and you'll do fine. You'll probably take the chainwhip for a few rounds, but I'm sure you'll adapt to the glaive like the rest of us. Good answers and all that, I liked the story, nothing wrong 'ere.

+1
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers for the +1’s. You’ve all been helpful in this application and providing a better understanding of the mechanics of the role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta say, one of the more impressive apps I’ve seen so far, love the stories provided, and the HC question answers were equally as amazing. Huge +1 from me, good luck in joining the hunt.

Whitelisted Predator ChainsawMullet's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately I have to -1 this, and I'll explain why.

From what I have seen so far of you, since you got your CO whitelist reinstated, you are the same player in every aspect that got his CO whitelist revoked last year. With two incidents being brought to my attention (one where the council had to speak to you), and another involving you purposefully OBing your own empty FOB after marines were calling for a real OB (and admitting you ignored them to OB the FOB on purpose), I just can't trust you with tools given to Predators at this time.

1MyrA91.png

Your answers to Mind's questions, your clan story, and your character story are all more than acceptable, and I personally do kind of like you, but I just can't justify giving you the whitelist right now.

Go for a while without any incidents with your CO whitelist and otherwise and I'd be happy to change my vote.