Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sentry Tier List

A TIER
    giga hellburner george foreman grillmaster flamer sentry
    REASONS: highest single hit damage out of any sentry, flames ignore armor, flames stick around, do giga direct hit damage and increased range compared to normal sentry.

B TIER
    normal sentry
    its okay at doing its job, sad damage against anything with armor though.
    bell
    RING DING DING DING RING DONG RING DING DONG RING A DING DONG - it feels like it has a range of 2 tiles, slows xenos, as soon as a xeno enters the range its gonna get ring dong ring ding'd. also i dont think xenos get a message saying they're slowed. very good to combo with flamer/normal sentry

C TIER
    tesla
    i mean its okay 3x3 range, gives welder vision, slows and prevents xenos from using abilities. But slow firerate and turns off every other sentry in a 3x3 radius, meaning that tesla tard engis will place it down in the middle of a cadeline, turning all other sentries off. meaning its very difficult to position if you want all the other sentries to be on or you just turn them off and be a tesla tard or not take it in the first place

F TIER
    flag
    like holy shit do I need to say why this sucks? you're taking some useless piece of shit that gives you a focus and hold order, not bad BUT ONLY IN A 3x3 RADIUS. YOU COULD BE TAKING SOMETHING INFINITELY MORE USEFUL LIKE THE FLAMER SENTRY OR THE NORMAL ONE

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they are all actually F tier apart from S tier flamer sentry

oh and also the time a crusher got trapped in crashed ship by the cargo door podlock and was humiliatingly killed by the two sentries while the survs just watched as it was queen healed twice but still died, fun times.

Teslatards will rant forever about how muh tesla is the best because of the slowdown but it can't kill like a flamer can

noob xenos will also be really afraid of sentries or literally suicide into them to try damage them then watch their damage get fixed in 5 seconds by blowtorch
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Praise original comrade sentry now and forever! Flamer sentry may be the most lethal, but whenever I play defender I love to tailsweep/headbutt ungas into those lovely tiles of blue death. It never fails to amuse me.
    Luca Jagemann, the cynical colonial with the prescription glasses.

Ancient Synth Williams, on another rescue mission in Brazil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regular Sentry best Sentry. Seen it single handedly stop Xeno rushes. All hail the Sentry.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    never forget comrade sentry, who held the line, protecting telecoms on ice that one round years ago

COMRADE SENTRY WILL LIVE ON IN OUR HEARTS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want the flag to be good, so I can run around with it and make dramatic speeches
    Goosen Dagen-casual marine

Whitelisted Synthetic Unknownity's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice crusher story but we are talking about boring uscm sentries,not giga based pirate sentries that use special ammunition
    Samuel 'Prophet' Logue
    BRAVO n CHARLIE Forever
    "Getting too old for this shit."
    ----
    Synthetic Kyra
    ---
    Yautja Shi'rei Mei'ka
    ----
    POW
    Burrower main

Dev Team Manager Stan_albatross's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun fact UPP engis get normal sentry, flamer sentry, and the flag in their engivendors.
    Karl Karlsson, the man (and sometimes Captain)
    Maxwell, the synth
    Enhath'vot Guan-Dha, the predator
    Also a feature Coder & CM's Maintainer Team Manager

Timeline :
    Spoiler Spoiler:

[CENTER]Retired Synth councilman, forever a member of IO gang

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    S TIER
    COMRADE SENTRY: The defacto king of murder. Will destroy everything it sees with infinite communism. Found only in the prison station, submit to its rule or die like the rest.

A TIER
    FLAME SENTRY: Extremely high damage per shot and decent cool-down between shots. The only thing holding it back, is that the Xenos that will be attacking your front-lines the most are immune to fire.

B TIER
    USCM SENTRY: The weaker cousin of COMRADE SENTRY. Requires ammunition and fires puny mortal munitions. If you stand with sentry and do not betray it's trust, it will hold the line against Tier 1s and some Tier 2s. Betray it and the Tier 3s will kill your family.

C TIER
    TESLA COIL: A 3x3 jealous girlfriend that will pepper-spray your enemies and refuses to let you hang out with other machines. Get a clever engineer to build it a cage in front of your cadeline and try to convince the Xenos to kiss it.

FREEDOM BELL: Applies the democratic system to Xenos and gives marines the freedom to apply harsh language. Becomes A tier if paired with a flame sentry.

F TIER
    USCM FLAG: O say can you see by the dawn's early light. How this flag fucking sucks and will lose you the fight? No seriously, why would you pick something that does what your squad leader should already be doing and doing better? Only mildly useful to cadehuggers.

CADE-HUGGER: A weak sentry with poor accuracy, that is disguised as a marine that randomly screams “suppressing fire”. You will be supplied with a lot of them, but even in numbers their damage is so dismal that it's often not worth deploying them.

Here's my current view on the support tools.
    Last edited by Driker; 10-05-2020 at 07:08 PM.
    STOP TRYING TO A HAND WHOLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fire is simply the best, there is no way anyone can disagree
    if i remember correctly one shot kills runners if they dont have water or xenos to extinguish them
    also only a few xenos can ignore it.