User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sentry Tier List

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you are a windowlicker if you genuinely think the uscm sentry is worth anything it does jack shit against anything with armor aka all the t3s and queen except boiler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Driker View Post

CADE-HUGGER: A weak sentry with poor accuracy, that is disguised as a marine that randomly screams “suppressing fire”. You will be supplied with a lot of them, but even in numbers their damage is so dismal that it's often not worth deploying them.
    Now that is a lie. These are pretty good at launching unga-propelled grenades backwards and putting unlimited quantities of HMG bullets into the engineers. You can't tell me that's not QUALITY.
    Viktor Kovalevsky
    Martin Dark

02.10.20 - mentor

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigil View Post
    Now that is a lie. These are pretty good at launching unga-propelled grenades backwards and putting unlimited quantities of HMG bullets into the engineers. You can't tell me that's not QUALITY.
    Current ratings are based on usefulness to the Marine side.

The Cade-Hugger is actually an S-TIER on the Xeno list when combined with HEFA.
    STOP TRYING TO A HAND WHOLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by BurningMetal; 10-06-2020 at 09:43 PM.

Senior Admin & Whitelist Overseer Fortelian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked when tesla did damage :^(

(Unless it never did, and I'm just remembering wrong)
    Salvador Kepplinger - President of Andorra
    LOV3 - The friendly Bean.
    Senior mentor

Medals:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    George foreman satan griller and maybe bell tower, no discussion needed.
    Captain Elzbieta Brygida

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flamer sentey > dropship sentry, trijent sentry, admeme sentry, crashed ship sentry >tesla and uscm sentry > whatever else

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cadehugger meta soon™
    Rain 'Hail' Atkinson (Human Roles): Slayer of Xenos and babysitter of PFCs
    Medals
    Spoiler Spoiler:

NV-XXX-C6 (Xeno Roles): CRUSHER GANG CRUSHER GANG
    Whitelisted Monkey Damn You Boomermin, the Monkeys will rise again
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Mentor - 6/5/2020

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    honestly i've seen some good tesla coil spots. like at the end of hydro road on LV there was a tesla in the corner. literally fucked all the benos over for a long time
    Medals

Spoiler Spoiler:

episode 4 chicken man strike bacc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest play xeno also not just marine, your opinion will change very fast.

From the normal USMC load out regular sentry is still the best. You can deploy anywhere to give solo defense against runners on the flanks or to the front cades to assist with pushy xenos. I don't care about armor, that sentry will deter xenos to hang out at the front slashing cades and marines.

The flamer is good in theory and in a vacuum. But in real game it's nearly useless. Yes it can one-shot a runner...if it could hit it. It never can. Runners easily outrun them no problem. Never seen a runner die to a flamer, while running in front of a regular sentry will deal 5-20% damage, meaning he has to retreat and heal back to full HP, or he will be one-shot by the PB and can't escape with a crit.

If you place the flamer on flanks, you can position your spitter to keep spitting on in. By the time they realize, you can delete it. Placing it on the front cades will 100% guarantee disaster. As soon as it fires, xenos will push/tailwhip you into the fire. They can put it out, but you will sure as hell die or crit. They WILL dodge the initial fire bullet what makes the damage, the fire on the floor is too weak for a xeno to take seriously.

But lets say you are just hanging out around the flamer, I will make sure to pounce with my runner in a way that it will shoot at me and burn the marine instead. If you would have just use a regular sentry, that could provide supportifire. But the flamer just f*cks over marines big time. Also you want to run out with a shotty to finish the critted xeno? Well bad luck the flamer sentry just made a burning mess and now you can't run out.

The Tesla is absolute king. What people forget is the sentry has maybe a 120 degree fire angle. Really easy to get behind it. As a borrower I regularry tunnel under undefended part of LZ behind the sentry to destroy it. It it would be a tesla, it would block my ability to tunnel out and I won't suicide for a tesla. Also tesla can hit multiple targets at a 360 degree angle. Place it anywhere and if you have marines there, xenos WILL f*ck off. If slows, blinds, blocks abilities, xenos will just freak out and escape. Not to mention if a xeno is injured, you can bet your *ss there will be an unga with double shotty waiting to run after that slowed, blinded xeno that can't use his ability to hurt you and they WILL PB you. That's why it's scary.

And yes it does deal no damage. But at that point when this happens, I guarantee you the flamer would be already FF-ing marines and xenos would just run behind it or destroy it. But with a tesla, they just want to escape.

As for flag and bell, I haven't find any good use. They do buff, but the others are just better.
    Last edited by Fix it again Tony; 02-15-2021 at 02:47 PM.