User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What happens to your marine after he/she leaves the corps?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mostly depends on what role my character is playing. His backstory is very steeped in W-Y (haven't sent out my dossier yet, though), and while he starts more supportive of W-Y he garners a disliking to them more and more as he climbs the ranks.

As an XO though (because I guess I main XO), there'd be one of two scenarios:

1. He'd die/go down with the ship, holding the CIC and calling distress and the works.
    2. He'd survive and retire shortly afterwards, probably using pension/family money to buy some quiet piece of land and living there.

If he were a PO/ENS (or MAYBE SO):

1. He'd evac/escape the Almayer.
    2. If marines were to win, he'd leave and take a fancy corporate job with W-Y.
    Trial Moderator: 4/18/19 - 5/2/19 / Moderator: 5/3/19 - 10/1/19 / Senior Moderator: 10/2/19 - 12/26/19 / Trial Admin: 12/27/19 - 1/11/20 / Mod Manager: 1/12/20 - 4/18/20

Cerwick/Balakura/etc
    Discord: noah#7322

Former staff member and long-time CO Council member, now I just wave my boomer cane at people when I want something to complain about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dead in a dark hole with buckshot in his ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, I can't actually see Wanda dying normally.

If marines win, Wanda gets at least two dozen more purple hearts over the years, finishes her service, and is honorably discharged. She goes home to her weirdo family and after a few more marriages probably gets bored of it and actually settles downs with a nice fella. She reopens her family's pizza shop and passes it on to her children. Pineapple pizza is not on the menu. Good ending!

If marines lose to UPP/CLF, Wanda ends up captured by enemy forces. Through a series of zany events and comical mishaps, she somehow wins over their hearts or they get sick of her and eventually release her from captivity. She is honorably discharged before going home to live out a wacky, yet pleasant life. Mostly good ending!

If marines lose to Xenos, some rude selfless jerk probably tranqs her and tosses her onto an escape pod. Too traumatized to continue serving, she is honorably discharged and never recovers. She never settles down and maybe only achieves some small shred of happiness before dying in some hilarious incident before she even hits 50. Bad ending!
    Last edited by ColonelCorazon; 02-13-2019 at 06:27 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalanchee View Post
    Murray would probably commit suicide
    I would help with a bullet hehhehehe

Real talk, You don't leave the Marines unless you are discharged, Killed or end up as a desk jockey. o7
    Head Developer & Marine Law Maintainer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone who says anything about their character having any kind of happy ending doesnt know the aliens universe. There is no happy ending. Only nightmares and an inevitable randevu with destiny and pain.

It's kinda edgy and grimdark but a sad fact that after encountering the Aliens you're never the same. They haunt you forever, they scar your mind and change you, and that's not to mention the trauma you'd normally get from whatever actually happens in the story you choice to apply to your characters. Most rounds that the marines win half the platoon dies, which actually isn't to unreasonable to how usual engagements go with the benos all things considered its actually quite good. But after the battles over, and the limbs are replaced with robot ones and your best friends are burred what do you guys thinks gonna happen? The corps is just gonna let you retire? Let you serve quietly for the rest of your contract? Not with whats coming on the horizon in just a few years.

Most of you guys prolly dont know about it but theres this tiny itty bitty little thing called the Earth War thats finna aboutta happen in "x" number of year/months/days. Shit maybe its already happening and we just don't know it cuz we're so far from earth. But either way what with that shit popping off there's absolutely no chance of anyone going home to earth to live out the rest of their days. After whatever engagement we take part in ends all the survivors both know to much to be let go of, and are now the absolute foremost experts in HvX warfare which is FAR to great an asset to just let go of. We're all getting recruited for some black ops bullshit no matter if we want to or not. Be it teaching others how to fight them, leading them in the fight against them, or something else along those lines, we're never going to get away from these bugs now. Like how a few other characters in the universe get pushed by the government or W-Y (same thing most of the time tbh) we're all getting forced to keep fighting this treat till we all either die, or we kill them all. And seeing as
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Fat chance.

You can't even run away from them, funny thing about the aliens is how they seem to change fate and your destiny. Just when you think you get away, they've got this strange way about them that cause them to pop back up in your life somewhere, not counting the nightmares. You run away to another nation? Boom now they've got lizard problems. You flee on a ship into the depths of the unknown? Boom lizards on your ship, or you end up at their fucking homeworld. You hide? Lizards find you. You run? You die tired. You fight? You might just survive, but after that what do you do? Roll the dice and fight some more? Run and never escape? It never really ends.
    Chen "Disco" West, Proud recipient of the "Realest Nigga on the Bloc" Award.
    My Dossier, it's good. Trust me. Read it.
    Secondary Objective: Stay Safe, Stick Together, Kick the ass of anything that might need an ass kicking. If you find any booze bring it up to CIC for me please.
    Not everyone who lost their life on Space Nam' died there. Not everyone who came home from Space Nam' ever left there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterClould View Post
    Most of you guys prolly dont know about it but theres this tiny itty bitty little thing called the Earth War thats finna aboutta happen in "x" number of year/months/days.
    This is interesting, what is this? Is this from some EU comic?

I don't doubt everyone on the Almayer is fucked. Not necessarily immediately fucked, but indeed fucked. I imagine a select few will be contacted by Wey-Yu, given offers of better pay, higher clearance than the USCM could even offer, and retirement plans. The rest will sign a lot of papers and have most of their rights waived, a lot of details will be covered up, hidden under the floorboards while damage control takes place. People will eventually find out, but it will be on Wey-Yu's terms, no one else's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That�s why I wouldn�t miss the chance to join the Dutch Dozen, just embracing the suck to have to fight aliens until I die but at least I do it without serving The Company

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He spends the afternoon at information centers telling women's babies to hurry up because we need meat for the meat grinder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leaves, marries, has kids, lives a normalish life while being skeptical of governments and their glow in the dark agents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    johnny sins