Byond ID?
    Zahra

CM Character?
    Brian 'chimney' Robertson

Are you 16 or older?
    Yes

Timezone
    GMT-3

On average, how many hours are you available per week to moderate?
    20 to 22 hours i woudl say

Qualifications

Do you have any previous experience in being staff (not just SS13)?
    in general no. The maximum i ever staffed was a whatsapp group

Do you play any servers aside from CM-SS13?
    used to play paradise before migrating to CM, once in a blue moon i play TGMC if i die too early in CM

Provide links to any previous Colonial Marines applications that you've made:
    Are you currently a staff member elsewhere (not just SS13)? If so, where?
    no

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on Colonial Marines?
    never banned, and i believe i have never been noted

Have you ever been banned for more than 24 hours on ANY server? If so, which server, when, and what for?
    i got banned from cultist on paradise for leaving without a-helping, besides that i dont think i have ever been banned

Are you familiar with the chat program Discord (its use is required)?
    Yes

Communication is a vital part of being a Moderator. Are you willing to actively do so with the team?
    sure, i know how to use discord enough to talk.

Common Staff Situations

A player randomly shoots someone at round start and MPs have detained him.
    i would investigate PM'ing the shooter and the folks involved, i would take into account notes and wether if the shooter is new or not, and issue a note and/or ban depending on the past notes.

A player ahelps that a predator has violated the honor code when killing him, what should you do?
    Tell him that since its a whitelist role the council handles honor code breaks, i would still investigate what happened tho so i could post as witness if need be. i would lastly tell him to report it in forums if he believes there was a honor code breach.

You see a player walking around the ship naked and clearly lost at roundstart.
    Direct a mentor/SEA to guide him, if im not busy i would link him the quickstart guide and guide him myself if there are no willing mentors on and im not busy

A player is being very rude to you in adminhelps, calling you names and arguing everything you say. He is requesting to speak to an Admin+ staff member.
    stay professional and continue to handle the Ahelp, i would also inform him he can make a staff report if he believes i handled this Ahelp wrong, would tell him to not be rude on Ahelps and note him for the rude behaviour.

A player ahelps that a marine is named 'John Doe', how do you deal with this?
    I would PM the player telling him that their name violates rule 12, i would change his name to something else he wants and note him regarding the name.

You see a Maintenance Tech running around in armor and carrying a rifle. The security level is green and there has been no threat to the ship in the round at this point.
    A small SOP breach, its IC and MPs can take care of it.

A Marine ahelps that they were killed by a survivor. It is early round, the Marines have just landed, and the survivor claims that they were outright hostile to all Marines from the get-go and openly stated their intentions. How do you deal with this?
    Investigate and inform the survivor that in normal rounds survivors CANT be hostile to marines anymore (except in maybe an event of course), i would then note and maybe survivor ban depending on past notes.
    IF the marine dies in the middle of nowhere due to this survivor killing him, i would aheal, otherwise i would let the medics revive him normally.

You receive an ahelp from a player stating that an MP has locked them up in permanent confinement for running into Requisitions and taking an attachment that was laying around.
    I would investigate by looking at logs and player history. If the MP is wrong I would inform him of such and direct him to the proper MP procedure, then warn and note him, considering ban depending on recent related notes.
    if the prisioner is lying and in the wrong based on logs i would inform him of such and ask him to report if he thinks the MP is still in the wrong.

The round is stagnating. There are 30 marines and 4 aliens. The marines won't leave the ship, and the aliens won't attack. What would you do, to "encourage" the sides to engage each other?
    I would use any tools that i can to tell the marines or xenos to stop delaying. if possible try to make some RP come out of that.

You are playing as a medic, and another medic overdoses all your patients and prevent marines from being revived. It seems like it may be on purpose. How do you deal with this situation?
    I would ahelp, i cant handle the issue myself since i am personally involved in it.

The round ends, a Marine starts shooting a hostile CLF member and the CLF member ahelps about being killed after the round ended.
    EORG does not apply to rival/hostile factions, i would inform the CLF of such.

A Marine is running around disarming, punching and stealing gear at round start. You receive an ahelp from one of the victims.
    investigate the issue, inform the player he is breaching rule 13, note him and take further action IF he has a past history of doing this.

You receive an ahelp from a Marine saying that he was killed by another Marine. When you ask the murderer why, he said it was because the other Marine had punched him.
    I would take a look at the logs to see if the fight escalated properly. If either had violated rule 14 then I would inform them to follow proper escalation, then note. Would also take action if they had a record of escalating figths badly. If the rules were not violated i would let it for the MPs to handle it.

You find out that there is an improper mutiny occuring. The mutineers are rallying together and preparing to storm the CIC. How would you attempt to resolve this situation?
    MOOC the mutineers that this mutiny is against the rules and improper, tell them to cease it immediately and return to normal, sleep the mutiny if needed and deal with the folks that broke rule 17.

There are minor racist comments going on IC. 9 of the 10 people are laughing and RPing but one player gets offended and Adminhelps about it.
    investigate and inform the player makign the comments that IC racism is no longer allowed under our rules, its a violation of rule 3 and ask him to stop. If he is cooperating and understanding and stops the comments i would mention his cooperation and understanding in the notes.

A marine opens fire at round start in briefing killing multiple marines and instantly logs off.
    Breach of rule 4, looks like a griefer/alt I would investigate possible multikeying/ban evasion. Would Aheal the dead marines and note/ban the griefer.

You see a player playing a Xeno larva/chestburster run towards the frontlines straight from the Xeno hive the second they burst and die.
    PM the larva player askign them why and taking a look into the situation and tell him not to do that again. would note and consider ban depending on past notes.

You see a Xeno memeing, saying AYYLMAO, REEEEEE etc in hivemind chat, as well as insulting the Queen.
    PM him about breaking rule 2 and ask him to stop doing that, also tell him to not insult the queen, you are part of the hivemind and serve her will.

A Xeno player calls the shuttle a "dropship". A different Xeno player ahelps that it's low role play to call it a "dropship".
    the hivemind text is like a translation of the xenomorphs speaking to english, so some words like that are acceptable. i would inform the Ahelper of that.

A Command staff player at briefing near round-start mentions there are aliens on the planet. You receive an ahelp from a marine regarding this.
    i would investigate and tell the command player that the marines DO NOT know of xenomorph presence on the distress signal location. would note him and inform that he breached rule 2.

You find a Marine killing another Marine on the EVAC Pod to take the last spot and claims it was RP as he was saving himself. There are two other marines in the pod along with him.
    i would investigate to see if it was a reasonable action RP wise, such as if there were xenomorphs near the character and if he knew of any pods with slots near.If it was reasonable (such as xenoes were rigth outside and this was the only reasonable pod to take) i would inform the ahelper of this. If it was not acceptable RP (more pods available near him, xenos far away and player in relative safety) i would inform the shooter that this ws griefing and note him for it, considering ban depending on past history)

A player insults you after you warn them for a minor issue and begins ranting in LOOC or dchat about staff and mentions you specifically, referring to you as an 'idiot' and a 'retard'.
    Tell them to stop breakign rule 3 and tell him to make a staff report if he believes i did something wrong.

A player ahelps saying he was hugged by a Xeno when he was ssd, and wants the larva be removed from him via admin powers. How do you handle the ahelp?
    tell him there is nothing i can do about it, the game cant stop because one person went SSD, totally IC.

You see a fellow staff member give wrong information in an Adminhelp or incorrectly enforce a rule.
    Discuss it with him and refer to a superior for a veredict.

Two staff are arguing in msay if an ahelp is breaking a rule. Because the staff who took the ahelp thinks the player broke a rule, they ban the player based on their interpretation of the rules, with others thinking the person was fine. What would you do?
    would not join the argument, instead would probably refer to a superior staff member

Why would you like to become a moderator?
    Seems cool, also noticed staff saying 3000000 times that they need more staff, so hey why not ? also want to help the community more and its soemthing new for me to do.

In your opinion, what is the most important quality for a moderator?
    un-biased and cool headed, he must be both of these things for him to determine whats best/rigth for every situation.

Anything else you
    sorry for the acid goop gym, i had to get buff.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your answers all feel like they're direct plagiarizations of mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Basedoperator View Post
    Your answers all feel like they're direct plagiarizations of mine.

Thanks for the feedback, i did take inspiration in some past applications here in this forum

I honestly do not see a problem in taking inspiration on past applications. If i am to learn, what evil is it taking inspiration in correct answers ? If you want to throw some other questions here for me to show my judgement i would be happy to answer them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also more on muh justification for not seeing anything wrong with that, since it will probably come up again.
    The correct answers will always be the same in essence, they may differ in the wording but the essence of the correct answers will always be equal. So i do believe that this is acceptable.
    There is only so much variation one can do when the questions are always he same. Besides, the answers reflect what i think is really best for the situation, the wording of them being similar to other apps does not affect this in the sligthest (in my view), what i think really matters is the essence of the answer being correct.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a fine line that can be drawn from researching other apps to just straight up rephrasing and copying. It doesn't even hurt to get them wrong because it would be presumably addressed in a trial, but it's clear to me and some others who've seen this that you've taken more than inspiration from my own app. I'd like to see you answer the questions yourself instead of using other people's words to get accepted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Basedoperator View Post
    There is a fine line that can be drawn from researching other apps to just straight up rephrasing and copying. It doesn't even hurt to get them wrong because it would be presumably addressed in a trial, but it's clear to me and some others who've seen this that you've taken more than inspiration from my own app. I'd like to see you answer the questions yourself instead of using other people's words to get accepted.
    I feel like if i do this gain in 30 days, the answers will be the same in essence but with different wording.
    I dont get the rephrasing
    So instead of :
    "i would investigate PM'ing the shooter and the folks involved, i would take into account notes and wether if the shooter is new or not, and issue a note and/or ban depending on the past notes."

It would be the same thing, but rephrased to :
    "That looks like griefing, i would investigate by PM'ing the involved marines and the shooter, i would look into notes and if the shooter in question is new or not, note him and consider a ban depending on his previous notes"

I honestly just see both as exactly the same thing, the same actions are being taken and in the same fashion.

I dont know if by your reply you meant that you want me to answer again in THIS exact thread or want me to apply again in 30 days.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not only did you copy another persons app, you also made a shitpost app at the same time which is kinda sad.

I would suggest you take some more time to go over the questions and come up with original answers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont knwo if it makes a difference at this point, but the person handling this can consider it withdrawn.

CM-SS13 Vice Host
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Withdrawn. You may reapply in 30 days.
    Charles & Arthur Edwinson
    Synth Percival | Artyom
    Yautja Kjhute Luar-ke

Record:
    Spoiler Spoiler:

Discord: forest2001#2001