User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Grape Renaissance Project

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charlie is still a sad joke and the only time I see it being decent is when Baldie is leading with his new motorized gimmick. Maybe Charlie should actually become the motorized squad.

The last time I personally led it, I had 0 cohesion, which is even worse than what I usually have; and immediately after the drop I was the like the only Charlie fighting on the frontline, with the rest moving out to Narnia it seems.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once Squad Req Prep is removed, I'll return to my legacy role of charlie SL

And there WILL BE BREAKFAST
    <::The Provost is always watching.::>

Spoiler Spoiler:

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We will make charlie great again yes?

Whitelisted Captain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had another round leading the Grapes. I've spent literally ten minutes before the deployment begging the squad to try and be good. In the end I've had a good SPC, SG and Medics. 2 engineers were terrible and only like 1 private was somewhat good. We lost the groundside after an hour but all NCOs lived.

I think one of the problems Charlie faces is the population and the current role balancing. Even the high pop is midpop from a year ago and Charlie is the smallest squad. Then LCPL slots are currently prioritized, so it's not uncommon for Charlie to be like 9 people and there would be only like 2-3 privates, and 4 LCPLs since LCPL slots are prioritized now.

Then to be combat effective in the current meta the squad needs at least a couple somewhat decent vanguard\assault privates, since you need them to hold the line. And only Alpha and Delta can fulfill the standard as of now.

For a squad of 10 people I'd rather have 1 medic and 1 engineer and 6 privates, than 4 LCPLs and 3 privates, since even though the LCPLs are usually some of the better players, they have to compromise their combat effectiveness, not to mention actually attending their specialized duties. So I'd rather have those good LCPLs playing PFC and holding the line with me.
    Roman 'Fire' Kacew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing like the taste of Grape Souto in the morning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always liked old charlie, the strong backbone to counterbalance Alphas and Deltas reckless rush attacks. Sad to see how it's become the purple delta these days, and I blame the lack of briefing room briefings, nothing to cement the squads differences by putting them in boxes.

Ancient Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really need to get off of my ass and play more charlie

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)