Vitoras - Predator Application

Predator Whitelist Application
    Byond ID:
    Vitoras

Marine Name
    Bryce 'Tyrant' Logue

Name of the Yautja Character you wish to play
    Vha'Lik

Have you banned in the past month or are currently banned from other servers?
    No.

Are you familiar with the Predator Code Of Honor?
    Yes, I am more than sure that I know Code of Honor well enough.

Yautja Character Story
    The time of another Anniversary Hunt had finally come. Every ten years all hunters from the Yautja Clan known as Midnight Hunters would meet in their main hunting ground. The planet was LZ-836 where an experienced hunter or elder could show skills to their pupils. It also was a chance for non-blooded Yautja to become a hunter and actually claim his first trophy from a serpent.
    LZ-836 was the one of the biggest planets in the LZ system. Because of its unusual orbit LZ-836 had very different living conditions on each Hemisphere. The southern part was always affected by the Sun and it became barren desert. The northern hemisphere was never affected by the heat and sunlight, so it became the big dark glacier. That's why LZ-836 was also known as Two-Sided coin.
    Midnight Hunters landed somewhere in the Northern Hemisphere. The hunt had finally begun.

Tha'Lik was just like any other normal youngblood in his clan: not famous, strong, or experienced. He was cocky and ambitious for a youngblood, and the only thing he wanted was to claiming a trophy from a worthy serpent. He didn't care about the training or his comrades, but just the thrill of killing a serpent to extinguish the fire of his pride and bloodlust. He just wanted to be better than every other Youngblood. Tha'Lik was sure that this day would change his entire life, and he was right. Hunters began to search for prey straight after the landing. Tha'Lik toggled his thermal visor on and started to move on South. He eventually found a target good enough for the hunt and his skill level. It was a black medium-sized serpent with sharp claws that other Yaujta called a Lurker. Tha'Lik began to slowly approach his chosen prey. He tried to sneak between snow piles, but the Lurker suddenly made a loud screech and began to move in the opposite direction. Tha'Lik knew that this was his only chance to get a trophy and finally make his deepest wish real.

After some time of searching, Tha'Lik lost a trace of the lurker. It was clear to him that returning from the annivesary hunt without trophy would be a huge failure. There was no way out, so he began to search for any footsteps in the area. A few moments later he found two pairs of footsteps: one obviously belonged to a small serpent, but another footstep was way too big for any serpent on this planet. Elders told every Yaujta from the clan to warn them if anyone found something strange. Tha'Lik knew this, but preferred to chase his prey more than anything else. He had finally found the serpent on the small field surrounded by snow pillars. Tha'Lik readied his wrist blades, looked at the Lurker, and charged towards it. Just one lucky attack would decide the result of the entire battle: Tha'lik ripped the serpent's head off in one smooth slash. He just stared at this corpse for a couple of minutes, but Tha'Lik came to the realization that he had scored a worthy prey. He thought that luck had finally sided with him, and he was ready to take the skull of a Serpent as a trophy. However, suddenly everything disappeared in the white radiance and Tha'Lik was knocked out.

Tha'Lik woke up on the Mother Ship. It was extremely painful to move even a bit. Tha'Lik tried to get up, but sharp pain in leg stopped him from doing so. What happened down there? Who brought him onboard? He had a lot of questions, but was unable to answer on them. Suddenly the door opened and Hunter Dan'Lik, mentor of Tha'Lik, came in. He told him to rest, as he would explain everything. Activity on planet somehow woke up the oldest and strongest serpents from down below. They attacked and actually massacred unprepared Yautjas. Tha'Lik was hit by the self-destruct explosion triggered by another Yautja. Only a few of Hunters survived, but the other serpents were wiped out by the annihilating blasts. Tha'Lik understood that because he had failed to warn the others of the serpents, he felt responsible for their fate. Something changed in his mind. Tha'Lik put on his mask like he wasn't even wounded and took one of the scout ships. In that day Tha'Lik died and Vha'Lik was born. He knew that his pride had caused his fellow Yaujta to fallen. He set out that day to make things right, and he would continue his hunt with a new found philosophy due to the mistakes he made.

Describe how your Yautja acts, and how you intend to play them
    The situation on LZ-836 changed Vha'Lik entirely. He had learned some lessons from it:

1)Honor:
    Vha'Lik hunts not because of his own desire, but because of his strong bonds with Midnight Hunters. There are only a few clan members left, so Vha'Lik follows the Code of Honor even more strict than any other Yautja. This is needed to support the reputation of his clan.

2)Patience:
    Impatience of Vha'Lik to become a Hunter led most of his clan to horrifying death. Realization of this changed Tha'lik and made him more patient and careful. This means that Tha'Lik will observe and examine his prey to uncover their weaknesses first. He would wait for the right moment to attack instead of just rushing in.

3)Respect to Death:
    Vha'Lik had no strong relations with others, but the way other Youngbloods died in battle gave him the reason to respect them. This means Tha'Lik will pay the last respects to his prey if it died with honor. Some of his victims can actually achieve an unique burial procedure according to their fighting spirit, honor and strength.

In your own words, describe the difference between an honor duel and a hunt
    1)Weapons. On usual Hunt prey can use any weapon it can find, but on Honor Duel both sides are restricted to use only melee weapons/fists(Ranged weapons are forbidden). This also means that a challenger(Predator) should provide the challenged with melee weapon if needed.

2)Participants of the Duel. Predators can hunt on any Worthy Xenomorph or Human, but only the person that showed something exceptional/ another Predator can be challenged with a Duel(Example: marine that managed to kill multiple Xenomorphs alone).

How do you intend on interacting with other predators during a round?
    Events on LZ-836 left some kind of mental trauma on my character. He locked himself in after that. This means that Vha'Lik won't actively try to interact with other Yautjas, but won't ignore them too. In moments of chatting he would act as calm, respectful and self-critical person. Vha'Lik considers himself as a "champion" of Midnight Hunters that needs to uphold the reputation of his clan, so he would act like one: Vha'Lik will actively try to show success in the Hunt to make sure that other Yautjas are aware of Midnight Hunters.
    Vha'Lik hates unnecessary violence in any form and would criticize other Predators for it. For example, he would judge a Yautja for killing Unworthy prey when it was possible to just ignore them.

Why do you want a predator whitelist?
    I consider myself as a good roleplayer, which is the main requirement for any Yautja on this server. I also managed to apply for Moderator and get my Captain whitelist back, which at least proves that people know me from the good side. I really want to show that I became better and that I can handle a Predator role. Another reason for this is that it would be nice to actually play something entirely new for me in the terms of roleplay and interacting with others.

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or disobey the Predator Code of Honor?
    Yes
    Last edited by Vitoras; 01-28-2019 at 10:55 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I'm surprised you just reused what you did last time. I would have helped you made a new story. Granted everyone liked the story/character the first time, but you had your community reputation which let to your first application getting shat on.

However, I think Vitoras has made strides to improve his community reputation.
    He got his CO whitelist back, has been active in the community, and even became a moderator.

I think he's proven his redemption enough, that he should have a shot at predator.
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your opinion, man. I decided to use the same story only because I had no problems with it previously, yeah.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1. You've redeemed yourself as of late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have any questions - ask. I am more than ready to answer to you.
    Last edited by Vitoras; 01-31-2019 at 06:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Survivor View Post
    +1. You've redeemed yourself as of late.
    Thanks.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure what everyone liked about the old app, or, well, this one. It's pretty bland, the grammar is just awful, the pacing is garbage and it reads pooooooorly.

Your player reputation is 'technically' good, but your constant complaining and salting in msay makes me hesitant to give you a shot at predator. I really don't think you can keep your cool and not fuck up as a predator. Gaining the easiest whitelist back after complaining constantly for weeks and weeks on end doesn't even seem like a valid thing to say in your favour, but I guess I'm just the only one who noticed that.

For the story, you seem to be just the usual hunter, then you get hit by an SD. This, for whatever reason, makes you rethink everything, rename yourself, and set on a new path. This would be fine, but a self destruct is the most honorable death one can achieve...so I'm not even sure why you'd be terribly concerned, but alas, not my story. Two. The story doesn't actually tell me who your predator is, or how he acts. It tells me how he used to be - that's just, really poor story telling. This application literally can have the entire story removed, and nothing of value is lost. I understand you wanted to tell a backstory, but all you've done is tell us how he used to be. I want to see how your predator acts, I want to see how he does things. This doesn't tell me, sure, it's a backstory as I said, but all it tells us is how he used to act.

For how you act, yeah, that works. You told us how your predator would be, but it would really be nice if your story covered that on top of it, rather than having your story be...just backstory. Again, it's a Yautja Character Story. I want to see your character, back story is whatever. It doesn't have to be how your character is now this new hunter - I just want to know how he's going to act. I'm repeating myself over and over again, but your story really just failed the purpose of what I wanted. You should've read our expectations and had this rewritten, because you have the foundations of a good app, but it really isn't all there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all: thanks for you feedback.

About "salting in mchat": I can't really comment it since I can't remember myself writing something like this, really. Maybe you noticed me joking poorly about something, but I was never salting in mchat.

About "I'm not even sure why you'd be terribly concerned". The main problem of my character is not the way other Predators died, but the fact they died because of him.

I can't really say much about "the grammar is just awful, the pacing is garbage and it reads pooooooorly" because no one pointed at this 3 months ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna have to agree with Sleepy here. I've read through the story and in the readme we've written that we want to see personality in the story and playstyle - this story conveys neither unfortunately. Stories should convey personality rather than just the backstory, you've got the stuff to make the bread but it's not bread until you've finished making it.

Overall I'm gonna go with a -1 here. I don't think I can accept this kind of application.
    Resident ex-punished Junior Developer and Coder, and ex three-time member of the Yautja Council, two-time member of the Synth Council.

See with your eyes, my army of flies, when no one's alive...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay then, I am withdrawing this app since I have no chances to apply.